IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Just install this Android Stereo and need help

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-17, 07:07 AM
Dukenukemx
Pit Crew

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikeym718
Nope just low and high. I got the radio to work, but I still have the same frequency issue that you all have. My phone is discoverable, but the radio doesn't find anything and several phones I've used can't find the radios Bluetooth either.
Bluetooth is funny tech, but I had no problem hooking it up via bluetooth. From what I remember the phone finds the radio, not the radio finding the phone. Yes that makes a difference.
The following users liked this post:
Mikeym718 (12-26-17)
Old 12-26-17, 08:41 AM
ianbis
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/2...omplete-2.html

I sent this information to Thonzer including the WinCe fix (I thought maybe it would
help even though our unit is an Android) asking if they could look at the files. Ms Ranny said she would forward it to her engineer, but no replies yet

Last edited by ianbis; 12-26-17 at 09:40 AM.
Old 12-26-17, 02:38 PM
Mikeym718
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dukenukemx
Bluetooth is funny tech, but I had no problem hooking it up via bluetooth. From what I remember the phone finds the radio, not the radio finding the phone. Yes that makes a difference.
The bluetooth in my unit doesn't work at all. Luckily the original radio in my 2011 retained its bluetooth connectivity and I can get it to work, by using the hands free setup and putting the radio in cd/aux mode.
Old 12-26-17, 07:17 PM
Dukenukemx
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Mikeym718
The bluetooth in my unit doesn't work at all. Luckily the original radio in my 2011 retained its bluetooth connectivity and I can get it to work, by using the hands free setup and putting the radio in cd/aux mode.
If that were the case I would contact the seller and ask for another one. When one thing is faulty, more things can also break down the road.
Old 01-07-18, 05:47 PM
ianbis
Driver

So I never heard back from Ms Ranny or her engineers at Thonzer so I applied for and received a full refund. Now to look for one that works properly because I’m now spoiled.
Old 01-08-18, 06:31 AM
Dukenukemx
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by ianbis
So I never heard back from Ms Ranny or her engineers at Thonzer so I applied for and received a full refund. Now to look for one that works properly because I’m now spoiled.
You got a refund for the stereo? Do you still have it?
Old 01-08-18, 02:42 PM
ianbis
Driver

Yes and yes
Old 01-11-18, 10:45 AM
Dukenukemx
Pit Crew

Was playing with the radio and I was able to find 103.5. Forget the number but it does work, unfortunately the numbers don't matter. The radio that the stereo comes with does have horrible reception compared to the stock radio.
Old 01-11-18, 05:23 PM
ianbis
Driver

There is a separate antenna jack at the back of their unit I believe the OP purchased an antenna splitter jack and was able to tune their radio. I imagine you could just plug a separate antenna into their unit and mount one of those new style antennas on the windshield up by the rear view mirror
Old 01-15-18, 07:58 AM
Dukenukemx
Pit Crew

I am the OP, lol.
Old 01-15-18, 12:14 PM
ianbis
Driver

Well there you go!! ��
Old 02-02-18, 07:25 AM
PNWdude
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update

A few questions as im thinking about ordering this unit off ebay... I have a 2006 is350 with no navi and the radio is ugly and the buttons are rubbing off making them hard to read.

1.Did you end up getting a new model vent? If so how did it fit?

2. The air controls app. Does this allow you to turn up the heat?

3. Did you fix the radio? I listen to alot of radio so this is important as i do alot of commuting.

4. I was wondering if a radio app off a phone might be better..

5. Have you tried the mirror image feature for playing movies and google maps from your phone to show on the screen?

6. Did you get the blutooth to work?

Thanks

Originally Posted by metaleckz
Thanks for sharing! Def made me wanna get it. About the fitment issue, i think if you get the 09+ vents the fitment will be better

Last edited by PNWdude; 02-02-18 at 08:17 AM.
Old 02-04-18, 11:08 PM
eykash
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey guys. The radio problem is caused by canbus. AC problems are cause by wrong wiring.
You guys buy this units from Asvegen, Thonzer and they are regular resellers, they know nothing about units they sell. But all of them say that they are manufaturer....hehe.
I have some business relationships with REAL manufacturer of this unit (actually they produce wide range of android units), I visired their factory couple of times and talked with engineers.
For this Lexus unit there are 2 types of wiring - for Asia market and US + Europe market. With USA wiring there are no issues with airbag and climate control.
As for the radio problem. You will be surprised, but they haven’t heard about this problem at all! Because Thonzer, Asvegen and so on don’t redirect your requests to them.
Today I described this problem, they contacted platform company and found out why this radio problem occurs on US cars. The reason is canbus decoder, which software is not adopted for US radio frequencies. They promised to fix software ASAP and very soon there will be canbus decoder specially designed for USA cars with no radio problems.

The following users liked this post:
fusiondrgn (02-12-18)
Old 02-05-18, 06:00 AM
ianbis
Driver

Fantastic news except, the info does not really help us get the issues resolved, unless of course you use your business relationship to get us the correct wiring and Canbus, although I have to say after reading and re-reading your post it seems highly unlikely. How about posting the name of the Company, or contact information for the Company. Or the cost of the wiring harness and where we can find it and cost of soon to be updated Canbus and location of where we can purchase it????

Paypal has refunded me the funds that I spent on the unit. Thonzer is now out those $$$ and the unit. Why wouldn’t Thonzer simply contact the supplier for these “simple” fixes so that I can re-issue the payment??? It does not make much sense to me and appears to be a strange way to operate a business but what do I know??

Last edited by ianbis; 02-05-18 at 07:42 AM.
Old 02-05-18, 06:56 AM
metaleckz
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by eykash
Hey guys. The radio problem is caused by canbus. AC problems are cause by wrong wiring.
You guys buy this units from Asvegen, Thonzer and they are regular resellers, they know nothing about units they sell. But all of them say that they are manufaturer....hehe.
I have some business relationships with REAL manufacturer of this unit (actually they produce wide range of android units), I visired their factory couple of times and talked with engineers.
For this Lexus unit there are 2 types of wiring - for Asia market and US + Europe market. With USA wiring there are no issues with airbag and climate control.
As for the radio problem. You will be surprised, but they haven’t heard about this problem at all! Because Thonzer, Asvegen and so on don’t redirect your requests to them.
Today I described this problem, they contacted platform company and found out why this radio problem occurs on US cars. The reason is canbus decoder, which software is not adopted for US radio frequencies. They promised to fix software ASAP and very soon there will be canbus decoder specially designed for USA cars with no radio problems.

thanks for giving us good news. Maybe you could buy it directly from them and sell it to us lol

Quick Reply: Just install this Android Stereo and need help