IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Just install this Android Stereo and need help

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-17, 03:35 PM
Dukenukemx
Pit Crew

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Just install this Android Stereo and need help

Anyone install this stereo into their IS? It works so far, and I did record footage of me installing it to help out anyone else who's interested, but I can't figure out how to change the temperature for the climate controls. The buttons work, there's no problems with the airbag light, but nothing for temperature. There was no manual that came with it.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...702111706.html
The following users liked this post:
BabyGate (02-02-19)
Old 11-15-17, 06:17 PM
ianbis
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I installed the same unit (different seller) in my2012 is250 awd it was a very easy install, but I am having (3) three issues with mine as follows: 1) Airbag light remains on after vehicle is running2) Climate Control does not show temperature that it is set at, it just shows hi/low on the display but the heat & cooling are working 3) radio fm frequency does not span the entire US range of frequencies. The seller is sending out a different wiring harness and canbus to address the issues, though I have not received the new canbus & wiring harness as yet.So far everything else works beautifully though. Can't wait for the 3 issues listed above to be addressed.

Last edited by ianbis; 11-15-17 at 06:24 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-16-17, 08:08 AM
Dukenukemx
Pit Crew

I don't have the airbag problem which I was kinda surprised honestly, but I did run into other problems. For one, it doesn't fit 100%. The clips that connects the radio to the CD portion isn't lined up exactly, so I had to cut one clip off and the other had to be trimmed. I had to relocate this little box in the back of the old stereo, which wasn't a problem. The holes in the stereo to bolt up weren't positioned properly, and it shows cause the stereo isn't lined up perfectly with the vents. But otherwise the climate controls aren't displaying info. Fan works, but what speed? Mode works, but which mode? Temperature is... missing. I assume there's controls on the stereo itself that isn't showing up. Probably missing something within the Android portion itself that I'm hoping an update can fix.

Cool little fact but when I open the door it shows which door is opened. The steering wheel controls work as the mode button cycles between functions like Navi, radio, and etc. I'll try disconnecting the battery to see if that resets the stereo or something cause I was plugging it in while the car had power, and it turned on before I plugged in even half the connectors.
Old 11-16-17, 02:06 PM
Dukenukemx
Pit Crew

Ok I tried unplugging the car battery and doubled checked my wires, but nothing changed. I figure they forgot to put the climate software in the stereo cause I can't find anything in the stereo for climate controls. ianbis claims he sees a Hi/Low on the screen, where as I see nothing. Either that or the canbus is not properly working, and I'll need a new one of those. Here's a photo of my cardbus decorder for anyone who's also running into my problem.

ianbis, can you show me a video of your stereo working and I'll upload a video of mine working?

Here's how my stereo works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAEF...ature=youtu.be
Attached Thumbnails Just install this Android Stereo and need help-imag0234-1-.jpg  

Last edited by Dukenukemx; 11-16-17 at 02:32 PM.
Old 11-16-17, 07:04 PM
ianbis
Driver

Originally Posted by Dukenukemx
Ok I tried unplugging the car battery and doubled checked my wires, but nothing changed. I figure they forgot to put the climate software in the stereo cause I can't find anything in the stereo for climate controls. ianbis claims he sees a Hi/Low on the screen, where as I see nothing. Either that or the canbus is not properly working, and I'll need a new one of those. Here's a photo of my cardbus decorder for anyone who's also running into my problem.

ianbis, can you show me a video of your stereo working and I'll upload a video of mine working?

Here's how my stereo works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAEFSa9SqNw&feature=youtu.be

I have a separate icon for Climate control, also when I hit any of the Climate control buttons the entire Climate control screen comes on and stays on for approx 10 seconds then switches back to what it was doing before I commanded on the Climate Control. My unit fits very nicely, no tabs needed breaking or anything, believe it or not I don’t know how to post a video but if you send me your email I can send you a video. The radio on mine is connected to the original car radio and it’s controls can control the radio as well as the touch screen controls, all buttons on steering wheel work and yes I have the door/ trunk/hood open pictograph feature as well. I also got the rear view cam on mine it’s sweet and I can walk you through that install there are some tricks to running the wiring for the camera and mounting it.

Last edited by ianbis; 11-17-17 at 03:01 AM.
Old 11-16-17, 08:42 PM
Dukenukemx
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by ianbis
I have a separate icon for Climate control, also when I hit any of the Climate control buttons the entire Climate control screen comes on and stays on for approx 10 seconds then switches back to what it was doing before I commanded on the Climate Control. My unit fit very nicely, no tabs needed breaking or anything, believe it or not I don’t know how to post a video but if you send me your email I can send you a video. The radio on mine is connected to the original car radio and it’s controls can control the radio as well as the touch screen controls, all buttons on steering wheel work and yes I have the door/ trunk/hood open pictograph feature as well. I also got the rear view cam on mine it’s sweet and I can walk you through that install there are some tricks to running the wiring for the camera and mounting it.
So there's an icon that gives climate controls? I don't have that. That might explain my problem. The idiots forgot to install the climate control apk. ianbis I'm wondering if you can do me a favor. Do you know anything about Android devices? The climate control .apk would be under
Code:
/system/app
. It would be a .apk in a folder with it's name. Could you copy that folder and Email to me? I messaged you my Email address. You'll have to be handy with using android devices to be able to do this.

BTW, is the app called AirCondition? This is a picture from another stereo on Alibaba.

Last edited by Dukenukemx; 11-16-17 at 08:54 PM.
Old 11-16-17, 11:32 PM
nosurprise
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

So there's an icon that gives climate controls? I don't have that. That might explain my problem. The idiots forgot to install the climate control apk. ianbis I'm wondering if you can do me a favor. Do you know anything about Android devices? The climate control .apk would be under
Code:
/system/app
. It would be a .apk in a folder with it's name. Could you copy that folder and Email to me? I messaged you my Email address. You'll have to be handy with using android devices to be able to do this.

BTW, is the app called AirCondition? This is a picture from another stereo on Alibaba.
The fit issue is likely due to the unit being designed for 2009+. You need to buy a 2009+ air vent and trim it. There a thread about this in the road rover unit.
Old 11-17-17, 02:18 AM
ianbis
Driver

So there's an icon that gives climate controls? I don't have that. That might explain my problem. The idiots forgot to install the climate control apk. ianbis I'm wondering if you can do me a favor. Do you know anything about Android devices? The climate control .apk would be under /system/app . It would be a .apk in a folder with it's name. Could you copy that folder and Email to me? I messaged you my Email address. You'll have to be handy with using android devices to be able to do this.

yes the app is called AirCondition and it looks exactly like that. I have been able to become quite proficient with this Android system so I should be able to e-mail the file to you. Unfortunately I will not be home until Sunday night. I will also email the video of the Climate Control working as I already have that video on my phone. I sent that to them to show the issue with the Climate Control not showing the driver or passenger temp that it is set at, just Hi/low. I did not have to disconnect my battery. I also downloaded Here WeGo ( its free and runs off line no internet needed) and have been using that app for navigation, it’s pretty sweet, I took advantage of the rather large hard drive. I have been able to play movie clips off of the USB (after formatting the memory stick) But I have not been able to get my (not theirs) DVD player to run actual DVDs, I’m still working on that. It is not an OTG issue as I have tried that, it might be an App issue which I have not tackled yet.

Last edited by ianbis; 11-17-17 at 03:16 AM. Reason: Content
Old 11-17-17, 02:59 AM
ianbis
Driver

I did not have any fitment issues, I sent you a .mov file to your email and answered your PMs. My unit does take approx 20 seconds to boot up and shows the Lexus logo and Android logo at start up. The radio does start up and play while the system is booting up so that’s not an issue. The rear camera also works when the system is booting up so that is not an issue either.

Last edited by ianbis; 11-17-17 at 03:21 AM.
Old 11-17-17, 05:30 AM
Dukenukemx
Pit Crew

Thanks ianbis, I'll be waiting. As for my seller I give them until Monday to respond otherwise I'm disputing the charges on my credit card. Pretty clear this stereo unit hasn't been fully tested on their end.
Old 11-17-17, 07:52 AM
metaleckz
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by ianbis
I installed the same unit (different seller) in my2012 is250 awd it was a very easy install, but I am having (3) three issues with mine as follows: 1) Airbag light remains on after vehicle is running2) Climate Control does not show temperature that it is set at, it just shows hi/low on the display but the heat & cooling are working 3) radio fm frequency does not span the entire US range of frequencies. The seller is sending out a different wiring harness and canbus to address the issues, though I have not received the new canbus & wiring harness as yet.So far everything else works beautifully though. Can't wait for the 3 issues listed above to be addressed.
let us know if the new harness works!
Old 11-17-17, 05:16 PM
Dukenukemx
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by nosurprise
The fit issue is likely due to the unit being designed for 2009+. You need to buy a 2009+ air vent and trim it. There a thread about this in the road rover unit.
Where is the road over unit?
Old 11-17-17, 06:37 PM
ianbis
Driver

Thanks ianbis, I'll be waiting. As for my seller I give them until Monday to respond otherwise I'm disputing the charges on my credit card. Pretty clear this stereo unit hasn't been fully tested on their end.
you’re welcome!!
Old 11-17-17, 07:25 PM
Dukenukemx
Pit Crew

Ok the seller helped me solve my problem. Under settings -> Car Settings -> Extra Settings there should be an option called "Config Info" where you get a lot of options I can check off. One of which is Air Control.
I dragged the shortcut to the home screen so I could use it. And yea it works just like ianbis's, which is fine cause I'd rather have some control than no control. I was also able to figure out why the original radio and CD player wasn't producing sound. Turns out those extra RCA wires are meant to be plugged into the Stereo. That got my radio working again, but this also gives me the same problems as ianbis has with it not being able to go past 97.60 FM.

But the built in radio does go past that range, but you can only connect one radio at a time with the wiring. I ordered a car stereo antenna splitter so both radios can operate. Not something I can find easily in stores so it's from Ebay. BTW ianbis there's a setting in those Extra Settings to set the radio region. By default it's set to China, like many things in there. So just set it to USA or whatever and get that antenna radio splitter and you'll get all your stations like I will.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CAR-RADIO-STEREO-ANTENNA-SPLITTER-Y-ADAPTOR-1-FEMALE-MOTOROLA-TO-2-MALE-PLUG/252517922702?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

I was talking to my seller on Skype and he asked me if I installed the radio and I said yes. His tone towards me changed. When he found out I didn't plug in the RCA wires he kept saying I needed to test myself first. I honestly thought those 2 wires were for if people put in an amplifier, which is understandable considering this is a custom radio install. I explained to the person that for a radio that literally had no instructions not only to install it but to operate it, you should expect this. Especially the climate controls which needed me to enter in a password. I also asked him what the OBD2 connector was for, and he just kept saying I needed to test myself. BTW, not the first radio I've installed. I put a 2din in my 02 Corvette and that's a very custom job to do.

Last edited by Dukenukemx; 11-18-17 at 01:11 PM.
Old 11-17-17, 09:04 PM
ianbis
Driver

Originally Posted by metaleckz
let us know if the new harness works!
I sure will, if it does, I will be tickled pink!!!

Quick Reply: Just install this Android Stereo and need help