IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Just install this Android Stereo and need help

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-17, 03:13 PM
ianbis
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by metaleckz
Hows the bluetooth connection audio quality?
Although the unit does not have an external microphone the Bluetooth audio quality is very good.
Old 11-27-17, 09:59 PM
bazzle01
Pit Crew

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Ids this for NON gps model IS or one with ML?
Old 11-28-17, 02:37 AM
ianbis
Driver

My is250 did not come equipped with navigation or Mark Levinson stereo from the factory..

This aftermarket head unit has a built in GPS.
Old 11-29-17, 08:31 AM
Dukenukemx
Pit Crew

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ianbis
I guess I’m a dinosaur of sorts, we still listen to radio the old fashioned way so I’ll be trying to get that fixed. Did you get your Climate Controll to show the temperature that it is set at?? Or are you also OK with the Hi/Lo of the current situation??? I know there is a fix for these (2) two issues somewhere out there because I have seen these units function the way they are supposed to, it’s just a matter of determination and luck I guess. And of course now you have that aweful song stuck in my head, I’m having flash backs of when MTV first aired, lol ...............
I'm OK with it but I would love to have it work proper. What I'm concerned with now is fixing my gap issue with the vent. Someone said this is due to not having a 2009+ vent, which is what the stereo is made for. Can anyone link the thread that shows how this is fixed?
Old 11-29-17, 06:26 PM
nosurprise
Racer

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts

The thread that discussed vent fitment is below. If this unit is made for 2009+, I assume it's the same fix.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...s-fitment.html
Old 11-29-17, 10:05 PM
Dukenukemx
Pit Crew

Here's my video of me putting this stereo together. It's really crappy and really long but it should help anyone who's interested in doing this.

The following 2 users liked this post by Dukenukemx:
BabyGate (02-02-19), Mikeym718 (12-02-17)
Old 11-30-17, 07:33 AM
metaleckz
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Dukenukemx
Here's my video of me putting this stereo together. It's really crappy and really long but it should help anyone who's interested in doing this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xka5aKCttPk
Old 12-01-17, 02:28 AM
Dukenukemx
Pit Crew

Ok fixed it. Didn't realize it was set to private. YouTube had a **** cause the video was so long. See if it works now.
Old 12-02-17, 10:38 AM
metaleckz
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Dukenukemx
Ok fixed it. Didn't realize it was set to private. YouTube had a **** cause the video was so long. See if it works now.

Thanks for sharing! Def made me wanna get it. About the fitment issue, i think if you get the 09+ vents the fitment will be better
Old 12-02-17, 08:34 PM
Dukenukemx
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by metaleckz
Thanks for sharing! Def made me wanna get it. About the fitment issue, i think if you get the 09+ vents the fitment will be better
I hope so. Just need to find a cheap 09+ vent. It's an experiment to see if this works, but I don't want it to be an expensive experiment. So far the cheapest 09 vent I've found is $70. Not bad but I want it cheaper.
The following users liked this post:
Mikeym718 (12-02-17)
Old 12-02-17, 11:56 PM
Mikeym718
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I kind of did the same thing in reverse with the scosche kit and had to install the 07 vents on my 2011 and it fixed the fitment issues. Thanks for the video and this thread as it convinced me to give this unit a try as well! I will post my experience.
Old 12-05-17, 10:16 AM
ianbis
Driver

If your unit does not have the Climate control or radio station issues please keep
us posted. If I can get those two issues worked out this unit is a keeper. Still waiting for an answer from the seller’s engineer.
Old 12-06-17, 12:28 PM
ianbis
Driver

Ok so I just read through the post titled “Found Fly Audios Manufacturer” and it seems CL user MNLexus250 posted a Dropbox link with a fix for the FM radio frequency (station on display is not station playing and display only goes to 97.6FM) and the Climate Control issue (not showing temps it was set at) that I am having.

The problem is that the fix that was posted is for the units that run Windows and of course my unit runs Android.

So my questions is does anyone on here know how to write this type of fix or file for Android???
Old 12-06-17, 04:17 PM
Dukenukemx
Pit Crew

Been doing some looking around and this person has bought the same radio and has similar problems. It does confirm that a 2008+ vent would fit better than mine, but it doesn't fit perfect either way. He certainly has gap issues. Also, he's still trying to fix the radio issue as well. What's interesting is that he had the original Navigation stereo, so these will work with both regular and Navi setups I imagine.

One day I'll sit down and look through all the settings to see which effects radio.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-headunit.html
Old 12-06-17, 05:03 PM
ianbis
Driver

So interesting clarification even though the radio display FM Frequency will not go beyond 97.6 FM the actual radio station that is playing through the speakers when the display is set at 97.4 is actually 107.x

So the radio frequency issue is that the radio display shows the incorrect station on the display

Quick Reply: Just install this Android Stereo and need help