IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Just install this Android Stereo and need help

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-17, 09:10 PM
ianbis
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I will have to try switching my radio to China, because I did switch mine to Whatever region I thought the USA would probably be in, so I’ll have to switch that back and try it out. Interestingly, I have the obdii connector plugged in, there are only 2 wires connected to it, I wonder if that is the difference between my airbag light and yours?? Will have to try that when I get home.

Last edited by ianbis; 11-18-17 at 03:46 AM.
Old 11-17-17, 11:45 PM
metaleckz
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

OP, where are you located? Usa? Im using mobile so idk
Old 11-18-17, 03:47 AM
ianbis
Driver

Originally Posted by metaleckz
OP, where are you located? Usa? Im using mobile so idk
I am in New Jersey, USA, that was why I switched mine to USA radio Region
Old 11-18-17, 01:13 PM
Dukenukemx
Pit Crew

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ianbis
I will have to try switching my radio to China, because I did switch mine to Whatever region I thought the USA would probably be in, so I’ll have to switch that back and try it out. Interestingly, I have the obdii connector plugged in, there are only 2 wires connected to it, I wonder if that is the difference between my airbag light and yours?? Will have to try that when I get home.
Sorry I meant USA. It was late at night and I make typing mistakes when I'm tired. If you look at all the options in the Extra Settings there's a lot of stuff there that might effect the airbag light. I've had the OBD2 connector disconnected without any changes in how the stereo functions. I left it plugged in cause why not? If you can, compare your cardbus version to mine cause if it's the same then it maybe a setting in the Extra Settings. When I get a chance I'll share some photos of my Extra Settings to help you compare to yours. For now here's a photo I've taken for my Skype conversation with my seller. There's a lot of settings here I don't understand. RDS, BC6, BC8? Who knows what those do?

For now the stereo is removed from the car cause I'm waiting for the reverse camera and the radio antenna splitter. I don't wanna put it back in and take it out when in a day or two I'll be getting these things. I did install the USB ports inside the center console arm rest using a special socket I found off Ebay. I'll make a video about it once the project is done.
Attached Thumbnails Just install this Android Stereo and need help-skype_picture.jpeg  

Last edited by Dukenukemx; 11-18-17 at 01:26 PM.
Old 11-20-17, 08:45 AM
ianbis
Driver

Ok So I just tried unplugging my OBDii and the airbag light still stays illuminated after the self check is complete and the car is running. My new Canbus and wiring are supposed to be here today by the end of the day. RDS is the feature that displays artist and song name etc that is playing on the radio. I’ve been in the extra settings (from the first day I installed the head unit) and have played around with it quite a bit. Your CONFIG INFO matches my unit to a “T”. Funny they told me that the headunit could not display a 12 hour clock and I changed it in the settings with no issue. I assume they simply sell the units and rely on the manufacture to build and test the units and that is why they keep telling you to test it yourself. I will update this post when I receive and install the new Canbus and wiring. PS I don’t know if you found it yet but there is a drop down menu from the top of the unit, you need to swipe down from the top to get it.

Last edited by ianbis; 11-20-17 at 09:19 AM.
Old 11-20-17, 09:20 AM
metaleckz
Racer

Im surprised your airbag light doesnt turn on
Old 11-20-17, 09:25 AM
ianbis
Driver

In case you are not being sarcastic, I’d like to compare my new Canbus to the OPs Canbus can’t wait because if these new items fix the 3 issues I’m having I’ll be all set!!

PS it does recognize someone sitting in the passenger front seat because the chime goes off and the seatbelt light comes on if one does not buckle the seat belt.

If there is no one in the front passenger seat the chime does not sound and the seat belt light does not come on

Last edited by ianbis; 11-20-17 at 09:42 AM.
Old 11-20-17, 06:36 PM
ianbis
Driver

Ok, so I received my new Canbus and wiring harness today. I compared the new Canbus to the OP’s pix of his Canbus and the part number is different, software number is different & lot/no is also different. I did not get a chance to install it and the new wiring harness as yet but. as soon as I do I will update this post.
Old 11-21-17, 11:53 AM
Dukenukemx
Pit Crew

I just finished installing everything today. I still have the air vent issue which according to @nosurprise I need a 2009+ vent. They're not exactly cheap so I'll have to keep an eye out for one. I'm going to go for a test drive to make sure everything is working correctly and later today I'll try to compile the footage I took of me installing it. That way anyone interested in doing this themselves can at least have something to guide them.
Old 11-21-17, 03:31 PM
ianbis
Driver

Originally Posted by Dukenukemx
I just finished installing everything today. I still have the air vent issue which according to @nosurprise I need a 2009+ vent. They're not exactly cheap so I'll have to keep an eye out for one. I'm going to go for a test drive to make sure everything is working correctly and later today I'll try to compile the footage I took of me installing it. That way anyone interested in doing this themselves can at least have something to guide them.
did you get the pix of the unit in my dash that I sent?? Hope it all worked for you during your test drive. How did your radio splitter work out???
Old 11-25-17, 11:14 AM
ianbis
Driver

Ok so as promised, here is the update. I installed the new Canbus and wiring harness and viola my Airbag light in the instrument cluster functions as it should! When I first start the car the airbag light in the instrument cluster comes on and then after it runs through its’ system self check the airbag light on the instrument cluster turns off as it should!

Ok, that said I still have the following (2) two issues.

1) The FM Radio frequency does not go past 97.6 FM
2) The Climate Control shows all the functions and they work except you only see Hi or Lo on the display not the actual temps that you have the Climate Control set at.

if the OP got his FM frequency issue solved using the splitter that he referenced above that would be sweet (I guess for less than 10 bucks I can try it myself) waiting to find out. Then the only issue would be the Climate Control showing the temps that the unit is set at!

Last edited by ianbis; 11-25-17 at 12:33 PM.
Old 11-25-17, 03:05 PM
metaleckz
Racer

Ok so as promised, here is the update. I installed the new Canbus and wiring harness and viola my Airbag light in the instrument cluster functions as it should! When I first start the car the airbag light in the instrument cluster comes on and then after it runs through its’ system self check the airbag light on the instrument cluster turns off as it should!

2) The Climate Control shows all the functions and they work except you only see Hi or Lo on the display not the actual temps that you have the Climate Control set at.

if the OP got his FM frequency issue solved using the splitter that he referenced above that would be sweet (I guess for less than 10 bucks I can try it myself) waiting to find out. Then the only issue would be the Climate Control showing the temps that the unit is set at!
awesome! Might have to buy this then
Old 11-27-17, 08:11 AM
Dukenukemx
Pit Crew

did you get the pix of the unit in my dash that I sent?? Hope it all worked for you during your test drive. How did your radio splitter work out???
I got it thanks. My radio splitter worked but the built in radio gets awful reception while the Lexus radio does great in reception. Driving around I use 103.5 and it works but I will lose signal quality often. Both the OEM and Chinese radio are getting their reception through the splitter. Like you it's stuck at 97.60. BTW I'm still trying to put my footage together.

I'd like the OEM radio to go past 97.6 as well but personally video killed the radio star. The radio is there for others who want it. I personally use YouTube and Pandora. Mostly YouTube. Also I loaded a USB memory stick with mp3 files that I'd rather listen to.

Last edited by Dukenukemx; 11-27-17 at 08:16 AM.
Old 11-27-17, 09:23 AM
ianbis
Driver

I guess I’m a dinosaur of sorts, we still listen to radio the old fashioned way so I’ll be trying to get that fixed. Did you get your Climate Controll to show the temperature that it is set at?? Or are you also OK with the Hi/Lo of the current situation??? I know there is a fix for these (2) two issues somewhere out there because I have seen these units function the way they are supposed to, it’s just a matter of determination and luck I guess. And of course now you have that aweful song stuck in my head, I’m having flash backs of when MTV first aired, lol ...............

Last edited by ianbis; 11-27-17 at 09:28 AM.
Old 11-27-17, 10:41 AM
metaleckz
Racer

Hows the bluetooth connection audio quality?

Quick Reply: Just install this Android Stereo and need help