Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

Honest local Atlanta Shops???

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-13, 04:48 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Every time someone gives him a really negative feedback on Yelp , he is able to get them removed ? Your feedback for him on that site is gone . Maybe just make a write up without any link and lets see if he will be able to get it removed .
Old 03-05-13, 08:45 AM
Nomolos1
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zen Motors LLC = Dan Kang = Bad Shop

Moderators and Admins, please take a moment to PM me and Other members before you consider to lock or erase this thread. I'm sure Dan will try to contact you about it. There is a list of members that got a raw deal from him. I only want the truth to be published.I have first hand knowledge, dealings with Dan Kang and Zen Motors LLC. Many of you have/are getting a taste of what he has been doing over the last couple of years. The reason for this thread to be placed in this section is, that there is no shop/parts review section. And Zen Motors LLC is located in Georgia.
On my signature is a direct link to a thread with over 200 replies with pictures and statements of others as well as Dan's lies, that has been WELL documented, and proven. Dan Kang himself has posted lies, that have been proved as such. His screen name on Supra Forums is Ticalis300.
Dan has been getting customers/victims through responding to threads and sending PMs to members that have some issues with their cars. Worst of all, he was getting referrals from current people. As I was, in hopes that the work would be done on their cars. I received a lot of egg on my face. A fellow Supra owner I referred was sold an engine that was hydro-locked. Ex-employees have left Zen Motors LLC, due to Dan Kang's ethics. They have also come forth about those situations.
Well I took my car from Zen Motors LLC in pieces. I have spent several thousand dollars in corrective work from what was done at Dan's shop. Tho Dan may be nice to your face, he WILL stab you in the wallet, ever chance he gets. Zen Motors LLC has MANY CL members as victims. We are still discovering bad workmanship on Both Supras, that my wife and I have. A lot of corners get cut at Zen Motors. I'm sure this thread will expose more as time goes by. So for those of you who have had good and bad dealings with Zen Motors, please say so. I'm sure there are some good too. Hopefully your car didn't have an extended stay at Zen Motors LLC.

My car= 1993 Toyota Supra Turbo
Dropped off at Zen in Nov, 2011,
Job= Complete build with engine bay paint work.
Removed car from Zen Motors Dec 2012 due to lack of progress.
Work completed= Coilovers installed, Engine bay painted, but front end not re-installed. engine block inspected.( billed 6 hrs) Transmission (Getrag V160) completely destroyed, due to lack of knowledge when taking it apart with a torch and a hammer instead of a press. Folks this is just the cliff notes of a nightmare. There will be more members that I'm positive that will post their dealings with Dan Kang and Zen Motors LLC.
My wife's car= 1994 Toyota Supra T
I will allow her to get into that, if she wishes. It is a painful situation for her.
Together, my wife and I have spent over $10k with Zen Motors LLC, only to discovered that most of it was a by product of Dan Kang's manipulation to create invoices and recurring customers. Some one like this needs to be held accountable. During this last year, Dan's blue IS300 has had 4 engines in that car. He has blown 3 of them himself. Maybe the 4th by now.

Last edited by Nomolos1; 03-05-13 at 09:50 AM.
Old 03-05-13, 09:06 AM
ThreeFive0
Pole Position

I am not defending, approving, or downing Dan and Zen Motors. I am merely commenting on my experience alone. I went in to have my fenders rolled because his shop was recommended by someone on CL which I forget now. It was not there any longer than expected and the work was done correctly. It was a little high in price but I am a firm believer in "you get what you pay for". The paint cracked on one fender, but I understand that that happens sometimes. He did offer to take a look at it for me, but I have yet to take my car back over there primarily because it is a bit far from my house. That is all I have to say.
Old 03-05-13, 12:08 PM
ericytsai
Driver School Candidate

Dan has excellent customer service, i have not had a bad experience dealing with him..price was extremely fair. ill be back . ..
Old 03-05-13, 12:09 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ThreeFive0
It was a little high in price but I am a firm believer in "you get what you pay for".
High in price does not always equate to high quality ! A lot of crooks will charge you high prices but will never do you good on the work.
Old 03-05-13, 12:19 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Read the following thread and tell me if Dan is a honest person.. ...it is not one , not two , not three , not four , not five ... A NUMBER OF PEOPLE done wrong by Zen Motors and confirmed by former employees of Dan who knew what was going on in the shop. In fact , you can ask Dan , are there cars in their shop that are currently sitting there for at least a year or two now and owners have given them a lot of money and why are they still sitting there ?

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...n-Motors-in-GA

You guys who have been done good , I am glad .. but unfortunately a good number with high dollar job orders had been screwed. Small jobs like fender rolling or whatever small jobs maybe they can do but real performance work , you better think twice .

Dan brags about things they never did at the expense of the customer and this link is a classic example :

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sou...nta-shops.html

He pmed the clublexus member who owns that SC400 that they can do the job and offered to do the job .. Was Zen Motors honest to him ? Tell me !!! Damn, I found my SC400 harness which they told the client they never used .... in the car installed , why ? For them to have reasons to charge him more for a harness work ?

Last edited by gerrb; 03-05-13 at 12:51 PM.
Old 03-05-13, 01:13 PM
PoGikoSc4
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dan sold me the ECU of JB and never told him till JB started looking for it w/c was more than 8 MONTHS AFTER. You dont sell your clients stuff and not tell them or give them the money right away. Were you hoping he would never look for it?
Old 03-05-13, 02:43 PM
supraclone
Rookie

I am also one of those high dollar customer misadvised and misinformed. I did not receive what i was told from day one. Here is some of my posting from Supra forums. I went to pick the car up Dec 15 2012. Drove 16 hrs oneway to do so. Discussed with jeremy to schedule me a dolley as i was only with my two sons. Jeremy said he did so and i arrived at uhaul and they did not do dolley's. SO I WAS FU#KED!! Torrey took me on a test ride in my car. Car seemed ok, but after being up for 30hrs i didnt drive it. I was pissed about not being able to pick it up. Also the car didnt have my rims and tires on it, and the shifter that was supposed to have been ordered wasnt in. Just a pink golf ball. I HAD TO LEAVE WITHOUT IT... Told Jeremy i would call sunday if i could find someone to help me get it..... THANK GOD I DIDNT TOW IT HOME!!! I told Jeremy i was driving in from NY on Sat 12/22/12. He said car was ready. I made arrangements to write a company check from my business for a couple reasons. Now before going any further let me say this. I have been asking for a final bill!!! Received a BLANK PDF file. DID NOT GET FINAL BILL IN WRITING TILL 10MINS BEFORE I DROVE AWAY. NO CHANCE TO REVIEW AGAINST PAST INVOICES... I ALSO REQUESTED A COMPRESSION TEST AND A LEAK DOWN TEST AS INFORMED BY A FEW MEMBERS ON THIS FORUM. STILL WAITING ON RESULTS FROM THOSE TESTS OR IF THEY WERE EVEN DONE... MY FINAL BALANCE WAS $5377. I PUT $1377. ON MY CARD EVEN THOUGH JEREMY SAID I DIDNT HAVE TO AND COULD JUST WRITE A CHECK. AFTER PUTTING $1377.00 ON MY CARD I WROTE A BUSINESS CHECK OFF OF MY BUSINESS OF 14yrs (NEVER HAD A BOUNCED CHECK OR NEGATIVE FUNDS AND HAVE A PERSONAL BANKER TO STATE THE FACTS). I wrote a business check for $4k and put $1377. on my card and took the car. It needed gas so the nearest E85 gas was 9 miles away. I drove it to the gas station and got gas. Popped the hood to look around a bit. Havent really looked at the invoice to compare what work or parts were installed in 7months. The original estimates have all been way off, the car was to be finished by my court date in AUG 2012, the car was to have flex fuel with 2 tunes and a separate key needed to switch tunes, also a LSD rearend. which was included and in writing on my estimates. Ive never signed ANYTHING.... Just listened to the shop. Needless to say after getting gas i went 1 mile down the road and the car went to overheating, and got so hot it blew the lower hose off with the clamps off to. Almost hit my son in the face. I was worried about it getting that hot and how it had stranded me 10miles from the shop and 4 hrs from home. I called Jeremy and he sent two techs to put on a new hose... Didnt fix it, it ran hot immediately. One tech said could b a water pump or thermostat, but i would have to come pick it up next week. I am currently working in Ithaca NY... Not possible to pick it up, so i called MARK and discussed my options and told him what i felt i needed to do... WAS TO CALL MY BANK MONDAY MORNING AND STOP PAYMENT ON MY BUSINESS CHECK TILL EVERYTHING WAS RESOLVED!!!! EVERYTHING!!!!! They picked it up and i waited in ATL for a few hrs, called said the car was fixed and they didnt put in a new thermostat. Why would you completly build a new engine without replacing such a cheap part??? Never the less i picked the car up again, started driving home. Car didnt overheat but the tranny is very clunky, and car vibrates at 80mph, was told could be drive shaft wobble.... I FELT LIKE I HAVE BEEN HERE BEFORE THE LAST TIME I PAID FOR A BUILD, I STOPPED PAYMENT!!!! JEREMY HAS SINCE THEN CALLED THE POLICE AND HIS INTENT IS THAT I DID THIS OUT OF MALICE AND PLANNED TO DO SO IN THE BEGINING. IF THAT WERE THE CASE WHY WOULD I HAVE PUT $1377 ON Y CARD. I told him i was taking the car to another shop for compression and leak down test to be performed. He doesnt acknowledge the tests i requested to be performed. I will contact the PD in the am and state my case and see where this goes... How do you build a car and it breaks down 10miles from the shop and you dont expect a customer to react how they see fit to cover their interest??? Please only PM me or call to discuss. I will not talk about this any further in open forum. Just wanted to tell everyone what i had done before hearing it elsewhere. YES I DID STOP PAYMENT, NOT BOUNCE A CHECK. I HAVE PROOF THE MONEY IS IN MY ACCT TO COVER ALL CHECKS I WRITE.... Thanks
Old 03-06-13, 05:24 AM
Nomolos1
Rookie

I don't doubt that Zen can do small jobs. Maybe at a fair price. It's just the REAL jobs like engine builds, swaps, tuning, ect... are something that it appears their are problems with workmanship and ethics.
Old 03-06-13, 07:01 AM
Nomolos1
Rookie

Looks like my thread was moved to this one. Hey I understand. Not a big deal. It was not removed. For those of you that got a bad deal from Dan. Here is a link to the BBB that got Dan to resolve an issue he once had.
http://www.bbb.org/atlanta/business-...le-a-complaint

Last edited by Nomolos1; 03-06-13 at 11:23 AM.
Old 03-06-13, 11:46 AM
Nomolos1
Rookie

As far as paper work, Dan does violate the law when it comes to contracts. You will get nothing but verbal until you pick up your car. That gives him the power to put what ever price on the contracts, that he wants. I have 1st hand knowledge of that.
Old 03-06-13, 05:04 PM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

regardless of any shop for any work..you should always get a quote estimate prior to work being done..but I will vouch for Dan and I know he is a good dude and has plenty of satisfied customers..in fact he gets a lot of praise on CL. full disclaimer: I personally have not used his shop yet..but I know what I hear about him and it is good
Old 03-06-13, 05:41 PM
Nomolos1
Rookie

Originally Posted by CJITTY
regardless of any shop for any work..you should always get a quote estimate prior to work being done..but I will vouch for Dan and I know he is a good dude and has plenty of satisfied customers..in fact he gets a lot of praise on CL. full disclaimer: I personally have not used his shop yet..but I know what I hear about him and it is good
Well you haven't read the thread on Supra Forums. Only a couple of us had Supras. Now one more supra has been added. Plus the ex-employees are backing the stories. If you feel the need to use him, you should. First take notice of how long some of the cars have been sitting in the shop. My car was there 1 year. Feel free to click the link on my signature. Over 250 replies. Don't worry, Dan responded many times.
Old 03-06-13, 06:09 PM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by Nomolos1
Well you haven't read the thread on Supra Forums. Only a couple of us had Supras. Now one more supra has been added. Plus the ex-employees are backing the stories. If you feel the need to use him, you should. First take notice of how long some of the cars have been sitting in the shop. My car was there 1 year. Feel free to click the link on my signature. Over 250 replies. Don't worry, Dan responded many times.
wow..I must say I am honestly shocked to see all these comments. when I first came on the lexus scene..all I heard from fellow CL members was that people liked his shop. again to be clear..I have not had any work done by them. just going off of what other people had to say about him in a positive light and talking to him on the phone and in person at meets.
Old 03-07-13, 02:30 AM
Nomolos1
Rookie

CJITTY
I'm very sorry for the dissapointments I'm sure you would feel better with work being done at a dealership, than a shop that may cut you a break on labor, only to find out you may have been the victim of a spike job, after you have already spent the money.

As of today Zen Motors LLC. owes me
The hack work correction on my V160
Body work correction
Wiring harness
I'm afraid to look at the numbers, but I'm sure I'll see a comma. After the spike work Torrey did to my wife's supra. (he clocked the rings to have oil blow-by) I'll be getting my block rechecked by a REAL tech.
My wife will go into what Zen Motors LLC, premeditatedly did to her engine so that they would get another engine job. Unless Dan makes things right with her. I strongly doubt it.

Last edited by Nomolos1; 03-14-13 at 04:43 AM. Reason: Admin request no call outs

Quick Reply: Honest local Atlanta Shops???