Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

Honest local Atlanta Shops???

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-13, 07:45 AM
Rob Daddy
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well i have been following this thread for quite sometime & I check on the one in the Supraforums from time to time. i was at one time gonna let Zen work on my car, but after "getting beat in the head" on the price of a set wheels $3000 over what they cost. i decided to go elsewhere. Now from what i have seen of Zen's work they couldn't fix me a sandwich! I know personally since his shop cost my cousin tons of money & almost his life by improper installation. even though my cousin didn't have a Lexus he had a Mitsubishi Evo which caught fire Zen never claimed fault & they were the only ones to touch his car. This is why I continually say there are no capable shops in Atlanta. My car will either be built by me or i will ship it to florida or Texas!

Good luck to all those affected.
Old 03-08-13, 08:11 AM
Nomolos1
Rookie

Originally Posted by Rob Daddy
Well i have been following this thread for quite sometime & I check on the one in the Supraforums from time to time. i was at one time gonna let Zen work on my car, but after "getting beat in the head" on the price of a set wheels $3000 over what they cost. i decided to go elsewhere. Now from what i have seen of Zen's work they couldn't fix me a sandwich! I know personally since his shop cost my cousin tons of money & almost his life by improper installation. even though my cousin didn't have a Lexus he had a Mitsubishi Evo which caught fire Zen never claimed fault & they were the only ones to touch his car. This is why I continually say there are no capable shops in Atlanta. My car will either be built by me or i will ship it to florida or Texas!

I'm glad your cousin wasn't killed.

Last edited by Nomolos1; 03-14-13 at 04:39 AM. Reason: Admin request
Old 03-09-13, 02:43 AM
Nomolos1
Rookie

Currently, gears 1,5,6 need to be replaced, due to Torrey at Zen Motors, heating it with a torch and then beating it with a hammer, technique, while taking it apart. There maybe more.

Last edited by Nomolos1; 03-13-13 at 05:00 AM. Reason: Admin requested.
Old 03-09-13, 06:50 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Are you talking of Hurrel's EVO which was burnt to the ground ?
Old 03-09-13, 06:59 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by CJITTY
regardless of any shop for any work..you should always get a quote estimate prior to work being done..but I will vouch for Dan and I know he is a good dude and has plenty of satisfied customers..in fact he gets a lot of praise on CL. full disclaimer: I personally have not used his shop yet..but I know what I hear about him and it is good
No offense meant , but you better be careful of vouching for someone who has been proven to be dishonest. Even his own employees have proven it . On this thread alone , he bragged on something that was not true and one of our CL member paid for the price spending more money he should not have spent on account of the lies told to him.

A person who wants your business will surely be a very nice person at the start. Wait till you are on the hook ! I will never recommend a shop WHO FOOLS THEIR CLIENT TO MAKE MORE MONEY or a person WHEN GIVEN THE OPPORTUNITY WILL HIDE SOMETHING THAT IS NOT HIS.... in plain and simple terms .. I will never recommend a CROOK !

Last edited by gerrb; 03-10-13 at 09:28 AM.
Old 03-12-13, 08:59 AM
Smurfzilla
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by gerrb
Are you talking of Hurrel's EVO which was burnt to the ground ?
Hey guys thats my Evo my cuz is talking about. I haven't read this thread or all of the other one on SupraForums but I just want to clear something up.

Zen/Dan did not burn my car up. It was someone else who did it. He's a tech at another shop but he did it on his spare time. It was a bad ground. I handle things in private so no details will be divulged but that tech knows and I've had a while to digest it and let it go.

I don't like getting involved in E-Drama so I just wanted to clear that up.

gerrb do I know you? Just curious since you knew who my cousin was talking about.

Back to your regularly scheduled program.
Old 03-12-13, 09:19 AM
Rob Daddy
Lead Lap

Ok I am writing a retraction. I stated something above & the information I received was not complete. Zen did not burn down my cousin's car. I was mistaken & am sorry for any misleading that this did cause.

However Zen did try to bang me over the head on a set of wheels. now that was my experience. This was my reasoning for not doing business with the shop & using my own network of people.

Now i am man enough to say what I did was wrong & own up to it. Hopefully everyone involved will be able to make amends & be able to play nicely!
Old 03-13-13, 04:58 AM
Nomolos1
Rookie

Zen had an EVO in there that had to wait 6 weeks for a tune and some minor stuff. That got to a heated point also. Gerrb can elaborate on that. He was asked to help out with that, because the own was out of state, and that car was his DD.
Old 03-13-13, 06:03 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Smurfzilla
Hey guys thats my Evo my cuz is talking about. I haven't read this thread or all of the other one on SupraForums but I just want to clear something up.

Zen/Dan did not burn my car up. It was someone else who did it. He's a tech at another shop but he did it on his spare time. It was a bad ground. I handle things in private so no details will be divulged but that tech knows and I've had a while to digest it and let it go.

I don't like getting involved in E-Drama so I just wanted to clear that up.

gerrb do I know you? Just curious since you knew who my cousin was talking about.

Back to your regularly scheduled program.
No Sir , I don't think we know each other. It's a small world much more in the performance world. Untowards incidents spread out quick. A friend told me how that EVO was burnt to the ground when it was at Batlground. I hear you on the E-drama , but drama will never get into the forums if only people or let's say shops do people right. And the sad thing is the very people who do others wrong wouldn't admit and make things right. That's one reason why the victims will try to call their attention in a forum like this in a last ditch effort that they be done right . But I guess some will keep on justifying and denying the facts. At times though not always , when we put a burner under one's *** , they move. And for me , it is just but right that people who are done wrong should speak up so others can be spared from same bad experiences. When people don't speak up , more and more are victimized by these unscrupuluous individuals or shops.

Ok I am writing a retraction. I stated something above & the information I received was not complete. Zen did not burn down my cousin's car. I was mistaken & am sorry for any misleading that this did cause.

However Zen did try to bang me over the head on a set of wheels. now that was my experience. This was my reasoning for not doing business with the shop & using my own network of people.

Now i am man enough to say what I did was wrong & own up to it. Hopefully everyone involved will be able to make amends & be able to play nicely!
We all make mistakes and poor choices , it is how we get out of it and making things right is what matters most ! When we are so stubborn and close our eyes to the truth , then that is where things get out of hand.

Originally Posted by Nomolos1
Zen had an EVO in there that had to wait 6 weeks for a tune and some minor stuff. That got to a heated point also. Gerrb can elaborate on that. He was asked to help out with that, because the own was out of state, and that car was his DD.
Sol, Mark's car was not an EVO , it was another SC300 with a single turbo 1jzgte swap. I see, you are really mad ... I understand . I will be the same especially with someone who refuses to acknowledge that he did wrong and refuses to make things right when all the facts and proofs are out in the open.

Last edited by gerrb; 03-13-13 at 06:49 AM.
Old 03-13-13, 01:57 PM
Luv2Boost
Driver School Candidate

I won't be using Zen anymore. I chose not to go to Zen for a THIRD engine rebuild, since it's a 3rd time within 6 months that my motor is having to be built. On this build, my piston rings are lining up with each other causing blowby and my head gasket was leaking. They blame me for not replacing the piston rings a second time, AND they tried to tell me I didn't replace them the first time. I KNOW I paid for them to be replaced the first time because I gave CASH to Dan to cover extra parts needed for the first build. I never got a receipt and THAT was my fault. I distinctly remember him telling me I had to replace the rings AGAIN and I put up a HUGE fuss over paying for rings a SECOND time within a week. I have no witnesses and no proof of what I absolutely KNOW IS FACT. That is where I'm ****ed on the issue. They blame Ball machine for being the last to touch my motor.

The interesting note to this story is that I have owned my car for 11 years, and the only 2 times it has ever had crank walk has been when it was in the possession of someone who was supposed to be working on my car. Recently, after speaking with Jeremy who worked at Zen about how Dan dogged my car BEFORE the first engine build, I asked Dan if he had been ******* the **** out of my car, and he INSISTED that he hadn't been driving it and that he wouldn't do that to a customer's car. During my visit last week to Zen to tell them the news about my piston rings, I readdressed the subject about Dan driving my car, and he ADMITTED he drove it to show Torrey's friends "what a boosted car feels like," but only just to the end of the road and back. Jeremy's story is much different.

Regardless of the "he said she said," there are things that just don't add up. I trusted them to do work on my car even after my husband and others had problems with them. I got nothing but "I'm sorry" and a pat on the back for my problems with my motor. There wasn't even a responsibility taken for the fact that my head gasket was leaking profusely.

The only peace of mind I have is that my engine is guaranteed 100% for 6 months after being at Sam Tiger Racing. THANK YOU SAM TIGER!
Old 03-13-13, 03:48 PM
Smurfzilla
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by gerrb
No Sir , I don't think we know each other. It's a small world much more in the performance world. Untowards incidents spread out quick. A friend told me how that EVO was burnt to the ground when it was at Batlground. I hear you on the E-drama

Damn you stay plugged in. Lol. Anyone who knows me knows I'm a pretty straight shooter. I tell the truth regardless of the repercussions.
Old 03-13-13, 03:59 PM
Nomolos1
Rookie

Originally Posted by Smurfzilla
Damn you stay plugged in. Lol. Anyone who knows me knows I'm a pretty straight shooter. I tell the truth regardless of the repercussions.

That is the kind of people we like!!!!!
Old 03-13-13, 06:13 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

I am glad , finally Michelle saw the true colors of Dan / Zen Motors. Performance work is something these people should not be doing. Dan will never accept responsibility even after making poor choices. He will lie to protect himself and who suffers and pay for the price ? ... you the client !!! Now the very person (Michelle) who trusted , protected and defended them found it the hard way .. 3 rebuilts in 6 months.
Old 03-13-13, 06:22 PM
Nomolos1
Rookie

I don't knowhow to post pictures from my phone, but Gerrb, if you are able, feel free to post the picture of one of the pistons.
Old 03-13-13, 06:34 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

here you go Sol .... you got a free passage of oil from the pan all the way inside the cylinder .. these people should learn how to install rings on the pistons if they want to work on motors.

Last edited by gerrb; 03-13-13 at 06:42 PM.

Quick Reply: Honest local Atlanta Shops???