Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

Honest local Atlanta Shops???

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-13, 07:39 AM
GGPIS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nomolos1
It's very clear that you run a "hack shop." Dan, you never feel liable for anything. You were/are a used car salesman, before you got into this business. You still haven't addressed the damage Torrey has done to my V160. Nor have you addressed why my wife has paper work for new bearing, yet the pictures show otherwise. She paid you in CASH for rings the first time you and Torrey killed her car, joyriding. Then you told her she never bought new rings. You didn't give her paperwork for that. The turbo had LESS than 3,000 miles, on her car. Because of your, shop's lack of competence, her car didn't make it more than 2,000 miles on 2 of YOUR (ZEN MOTORS LLC) engines. Let us not forget how many engines your car has gone through during the time our cars were at Zen Motors LLC. (4 engines maybe more by now)A retune on your engine would have been a waist of money. Just as it was a waist of money to have any car worked on at Zen Motors LLC. Much less, have another engine rebuild at Zen Motors LLC.
Dan, you have been known to lie, and lie a lot. Here is your yelp bio. So how many years have you been working on your IS, that you took to the half mile event?????? Here is your words on YELP. You have hardly own the car over a year. And most of the work was already done before you got it.

Meet the Business Owner: Dan K.
Zen Motors is owned by Dan Kang, who holds a B.S. in Entrepreneurial Studies with a minor in Management. With his vast amount of knowledge accumulated through the years, including over a decade of professional experience in the auto industry, Dan excels in coming up with new ideas, concepts and strategies to accomplish whatever task is set in front of him. Dan's philosophy is that a car should be built with a goal in mind which ensures that the build is well thought out and balanced. He believes you should never focus too much on one thing or the other, but to look at the bigger picture and plan accordingly. "It's all about balance." With that in mind, Dan has been building his turbo Lexus IS300 over the past few years. He recently took his turbo IS to the Georgia 1/2 mile event and trapped 157 mph. He is looking forward to push the car to further limits and will be road racing the same car in some Time Attack Series coming soon.

By the way,be sure to tell your alter ego(Maurice Yi) on Angie's List, I said hello

First off, if you want to address anything with me as a business, then come to my shop, email me or call the shop. This is not the place to try and resolve any issues you may have with my business. This will be my only response.

Iin regards to your v160, we did not hack anything up. You brought us a used broken transmission. We attempted to tear it down until we got to the last part which was seized onto the input shaft. You chose to take your car elsewhere before we finished the job. On top of that, you were not charged for any labor in regards to the tear down of your transmission.

Speaking of your wifes shortblock, yes, she paid for bearings, we ordered new bearings and had the block and the bearings sent to Ball Machine. While at Ball Machine, after providing the new bearings to them, they asked why we didn't get new rings? We told them exactly what Michelle told us, she didn't have any money for new rings. None of us thought it was a good idea to rebuild a motor with used rings, but if the customer did not have the money for it and gave us to go ahead to complete the block, its the customers decision. It makes absolutely no sense for anyone to not put new rings in when rebuilding a shortblock, but if the customer does not have the money and chooses to rebuild without new rings, that is their choice. The customer also declined to put a new oil pump in as well due to the same financial constraints. At last second, before the head was put on the block, we finally at least got the customer to agree to install a new oil pump. The bottom line is, your wife did not pay for new rings. She chose not to put in new rings. I had her on speakerphone with Ball when she declined to put new rings in so you can keep claiming that she paid for them all you want, but it never happened.

After the motor was put back together, her turbo started smoking and eventually needed to be replaced. At that time, she was offered a used or new turbo. Again due to financial constraints, she chose to get the used turbo. After the install of the used turbo, everything was working just fine. However, her a/f's were off and lean under boost. We expressed to her that the car needed to be re-tuned. She continued to drive the car for, as you say 3000 miles, untuned, on old piston rings. After a few months of driving this way, she noticed that she was losing oil. She brought it back to us to inspect at which time, since there were no leaks, the only thing that could be casuing this is that the engine was consuming oil, most likely due to old piston rings.

Furthermore, if anyone has not been telling the truth, it is not me. You continue to make assumptions as you have throughout this entire ordeal. You thought Miguel was me on Supraforums and you were wrong there. Maurice Yi is a real person, not an alter-ego as you state.

If you respond to this, do not expect a response back unless you call me at the shop, email me, or show up at the shop.
Old 07-15-13, 06:19 PM
FsportAtl
Driver School Candidate

Feel free to take your car to them, for an engine swap. You have your car sit at that shop for an eternity, while spending thousands of dollars, only to get the out come I got. You'd be pissed off too.
I will NOT stop until I get justice. Dan will a chance to mediate, soon. If they were smart, they would take the first step, before tha MAN knocks on their doors, or visits him and Torrey. Hint, hint.
There are better ways then to go on forums talking ****. Hire an attorney and take him to court. If either party has enough proof to their side of the story, the should win. But the approach u have been taking is not the right one. In my experience whenwhen finances are a problem and uu take shortcuts.problems occur. Zen should not have even done the job if your wife couldn't afford the new rings like he claims.
Old 07-15-13, 06:53 PM
Nomolos1
Rookie

Care to explain??????? Who"s lying????? Got the Zen Paper work for new bearings. The shinny ones are from the original block. The darker one are used ones you had Torrey put in after you 2 cooked the motor first time. (joyriding)
I guess you are saying Ball screwed up on the bearings. You are still liable for that. So who did the first rebuild? Who did the second rebuild? She paid cash for rings on the first rebuild. You didn't give her paper work. She didn't want to put rings in again, because they were only in her car a week. (she didn't know better as far as changing the rings on every rebuild) You took advantage of her on that. If I was there, that wouldn't have happened. However, judging by the bearings, you didn't give a ***** anyway. By the way, why did Torrey go inside the car to unwire the MAP ECU? There is no reason to mess with that. The "other shop" discovered that someone rewired it wrong. (sabotage)The new wideband that she bought from you was also wired wrong. (real quality on your end huh????) Oh by the way. Does Zen Motors LLC know how to torque ARP head studs? Some were loose. Maybe the reason why the headgasket was leaking!!!!!!!!!!!
As for my transmission, I brought it to you because you said Torrey was great at transmissions. And was certified to work on V160s. We found out ,that was a lie too. Toyota/Lexus doesn't certify anyone for V160s. They were replaced or outsourced. As far as the shaft and gear that was "seized" That was one piece. Speed 4 Sale verified that one SF. My transmission only needed syncros. (1st and 2nd) I wanted the full set done. Everyone knows about the "melt down" Torrey had, when Kurtis moved the parts off the fabrication bench. Because he couldn't put Humpty Dumpty back together again. By the way shall we recap the, "how long was my transmission apart?" thing, again. Remember the emails? I still have ALL OF THEM. Would you like me to post them?
I understand why you wish to deal with me in private, (to keep your dirty laundry airing out) as far as coming by your shop to resolve issues. Does this mean you have cash ready? Because I would prefer to meet on a level field. (Lawyer's office) There are several of us that you and Torrey, will have to confront. Besides that, I remember a time when I came to confront you, you jumped into Jay's SC and ran like a chicken. Oh, I forgot Jay has some issues with you too.(how much was his bill for what you did?) Didn't his car overheat a few miles down the road? Yea, you do quality work. You don't return calls or emails, and hide from people. You finally came out of hiding on this forum after a few months. I choose public forums, because it forces you to answer for your actions, to others, or you just hide, like you have been doing for months.
So, How long has Maurice Yi work for Zen Motors LLC.????? (Never) He may be a real person. But, not someone that works at Zen Motors.

Last edited by Nomolos1; 07-18-13 at 05:58 PM. Reason: Irony
Old 07-16-13, 10:15 AM
Lavrishevo
Lexus Fanatic

Received 308 Likes on 228 Posts

I have been using Summit Auto. My father also uses it for all their Honda's.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/summit-auto-service-decatur
Old 10-02-13, 10:52 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by Lavrishevo
I have been using Summit Auto. My father also uses it for all their Honda's.
Is that a performance shop ? I have been getting a lot of PMs , people asking if I knew a place where they can bring their car.

Honestly , recommending someone is something I find it hard to do now.

Originally Posted by GGPIS3
Furthermore, if anyone has not been telling the truth, it is not me. .
Are you sure about this ? I haven't read anything yet from you denying what I said about your lies on this thread about the Lexus SC400 harnesses which cost your client a lot of money . Do you remember ? My harness which you told your client that you didn't use ? And yet I found it installed in his car ? Telling everyone here that you made one harness out of the three harnesses the client had ?So you can give him a reason to charge him more ? You are such a pathological liar that you can't differentiate the truth from a lie just to serve your interest. I can name countless number of people saying the same thing so you can make more money from them and I have their emails / PMs as evidence to prove that I am not making this up. I wouldn't have mind if your lies didn't harm anybody but on the other hand cost people , members of this forum and other forums a lot of money, time and grief.

Honestly, no offense meant to any moderator or forum management, I am still wondering why you are allowed to lurk around here when a lot of forum members here you haven't done right and continue to ignore them. I hope and pray you will never be able to victimize anyone here again.

Last edited by gerrb; 10-03-13 at 06:13 AM.
Old 10-03-13, 03:05 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Originally Posted by gerrb
IHonestly, no offense meant to any moderator or forum management, I am still wondering why you are allowed to lurk around here when a lot of forum members here you haven't done right and continue to ignore them. I hope and pray you will never be able to victimize anyone here again.
OK guys it's time to move on from this.

As I've said before, Zen Motors is not (nor have they ever been) a vendor on Club Lexus. The owner is on CL participating as an individual and was here doing that long before Zen ever existed. There is no business or personal relationship to give him any preference or support. I don't usually disclose this, but it's fair to say that in the past where Dan has ever made the remotest advertising post related to Zen he has been reprimanded and reminded his participation on CL is on an individual contributor basis only. That happened when he first opened the shop, not since and if it continued he would be banned.

With respect to the question quoted above, there are PAGES AND PAGES of posts in this thread where a couple of members have complained about Zen in great detail and shared their experiences. If there was some bias towards supporting him (as we've been accused) would this giant thread exist? Sharing negative shop experiences is fine and is one of the things this forums is all about. However, none of the issues described in this thread happened as a result of Dan participating as an individual on Club Lexus and as mentioned above he is not a vendor here.

Unfortunately this has turned into a running personal conflict where certain members have made threats of violence, have been stalking other members at meets and in the CL forums by calling them out in threads totally unrelated to this issue. I've asked those members privately and politely to stop doing this and they have completely ignored my requests. These actions are violations of our community rules and will not be tolerated.

For that reason, this Zen Motors issue is DONE on Club Lexus and I'll ask the folks involved to take their disagreements elsewhere. I've suggested the court system would be a great place to start.

I'm leaving this thread open for feedback and suggestions of other local shops, but it's time to move on from the Zen Motors topic. If you have questions PM me rather than post please.