Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

Honest local Atlanta Shops???

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-13, 09:09 PM
Nomolos1
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Gerrb.
Couple the bad clocking of the rings, with a head that wasn't torqued enough, for the gasket to fail. (fyi It has ARP head studs)
When she told Dan that the car was going somewhere else, Dan was so quiet, you could hear a pin drop. Later that week, he had Torrey call her to fish for more information.
Old 03-14-13, 06:59 AM
Nomolos1
Rookie

To the readers of this thread and OP. I am making a public apology for some of the statements that I have made. The Admin has been very helpful with guiding on being civil. I have corrected the post in question, and a note of why. It is not my intention to throw crap. Others and myself are trying to prevent others from being in the same situation, as we are/were.
Thank you CL,
Sol
Old 03-14-13, 07:42 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Nomolos1
To the readers of this thread and OP. I am making a public apology for some of the statements that I have made. The Admin has been very helpful with guiding on being civil. I have corrected the post in question, and a note of why. It is not my intention to throw crap. Others and myself are trying to prevent others from being in the same situation, as we are/were.
Thank you CL,
Sol
NO apology needed to me. If you and your wife has felt betrayed or mislead, you should be able to discuss it on here, but do it tactfully. There is always a right way to handle things and a wrong way. Making it public about your findings and dealings with Zen Motors should be allowed to be posted to allow other potential customers of Zen Motors of what to expect. I am out only a small portion of what you and the wife had done. Jay is in the same boat as you too, but his car is still drivable daily, if needed. He has felt betrayed and lied to from the beginning about cost and things that would be done, and wasn't.

I did write Dan a long email trying to be the mediator and help resolve the matter between Jay and Dan. This was over two months ago and still no response. I was only trying to resolve their issue since they couldn't communicate properly. Jay didn't ask me to do it, I took this responsibility upon myself and to try and help alleviate some of the frustration between the two parties. Since my car has been back, I have had no issues with their work. They troubleshooted some wiring issues, installed a GM map sensor, fixed a small coolant leak, Installed new steel braided lines for feed only, they didn't put in a inline fuel filter, changed my oil and filter, removed my tranny, replaced with Soarer R154 (I helped), and replaced the clutch hub bearing, and had it towed back to the shop, since the clutch went to the floor. That's all I can think of as of now.
Old 03-14-13, 06:22 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

I doubt wether Dan will even answer your email, Mark. As you said ,he never also contacted Jay which simply means he has no plans of making amends just like the way he avoided Sol and now all what Michelle gets is "sorry" .

The sad thing is , unsuspecting members of the forums are victimized. They are offered the services and yet are not done right. We don't need shops like these that victimize forum members. You let them stay around here , sooner or later another member will be a prey to them.
Old 03-14-13, 07:39 PM
LexFather

I've known Dan and Zen for awhile and clearly they've attended tons of the meets I've organized which is smart for them, like all the other shops that attended my meets and met tons of future clients. I've used them once for a spring install and while I thought the initial quote was high we chatted and I felt I got a fair price. I came and got the work done and it was done timely and 18 months later I have no issues with their springs. I've personally recommended them tons of times. They also installed black pearl emblems for me and I was happy with it.

Sorry to hear about the issues some of you are having. Just wanted to share my single experience with them and I was happy with results. Clearly a spring and badge install isn't nearly as complicated as the work some of you got.
Old 03-15-13, 03:57 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

I believe small jobs and anything that has nothing to do with the engine / transmission / drivetrain they can do. But anything that takes time and engine related stay away .. The issues of people concerned on the SF review linked here has all something to do with the engine / transmission / drivetrain and job orders worth couple of thousand of dollars.

Price is relative. Being high should not even bother people as long as job is well done and things were done with all honesty. We all have to make money and make a living , no problem with that. But the problem with Zen Motors or Dan is his honesty. When honesty is in question , then one begin to question the prices and charges they put in your invoice. Just read the SF review and you will see what is meant about his dishonesty which made people spend more than what they should be spending. And the worst part is him not accepting responsibility at all .He will point a finger to someone except himself.
Old 03-16-13, 01:41 AM
Nomolos1
Rookie

Dan Kang has been banned from Supra Forums, due to his refusal to fix the issues with their members. The majority of them are Lexus owners.
Old 03-17-13, 05:09 AM
Nomolos1
Rookie

Originally Posted by Blueprint
I've known Dan and Zen for awhile and clearly they've attended tons of the meets I've organized which is smart for them, like all the other shops that attended my meets and met tons of future clients. I've used them once for a spring install and while I thought the initial quote was high we chatted and I felt I got a fair price. I came and got the work done and it was done timely and 18 months later I have no issues with their springs. I've personally recommended them tons of times. They also installed black pearl emblems for me and I was happy with it.

Sorry to hear about the issues some of you are having. Just wanted to share my single experience with them and I was happy with results. Clearly a spring and badge install isn't nearly as complicated as the work some of you got.
The one thing that has stopped me from going to your meets, was my car not being finished. My wife's car was probably at one of your meets,(black 94 Supra Turbo) when they blew the motor. Neither my wife or myself had the pleasure of that meet. They were using it for advertisement of what they work on. (they didn't do the first build on it) They did take credit for it.
Old 03-18-13, 07:08 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

I also wanted to add that Jeremy and Torrey always treated me with the upmost respect from the start. I have said this before and will say it again; Torrey always seemed to be a top notch mechanic on my car. He actually explained a lot of issues that would cause certain things, why certain things work a certain way, and so on. He and the first tuner never stopped working on my car the first day it was there. He worked through his lunch, how I know, is because I was standing right there in the shop the entire time. Heck, Torrey even let me drive his car for a few miles. The clutch was so weird; I actually pulled over and asked him to drive his car back. The weirdest clutch ever. I have no beef with him or Dan; I was just displeased with the amount of time that my car took to get tuned. No one knew that I would have wiring issues as much as I thought. I was driving my car for over 500 miles before the car was even left with them. Towards the end, I was getting very impatience, which seemed to me, a long time to schedule a car to get tuned. If someone asks today of what my opinion is, I would have to say, the above statements and allow that person to make their own assumption. Since I gave them a lump sum of money when I left the car, $1100 cash (got no receipt), they agreed to work out a payment plan. This was sworn to secrecy and not to be mentioned again until, Jeremy told Jay, and Jay told me what was said. In my link in my signature, I explained the entire situation. Zen was gracious enough to have done this for me. I ended up owing over 3700, for trouble shooting of wiring, new GM map sensor, new steel braided lines and fittings, coolant leak, install a waste gate spring, lots of carb cleaner from the old install and the leak from the valve cover gasket, tow to shop with trailer, tune, oil change with filter, and transmission install. I gave them a R154 with a brand new bell housing from DM, new MC bushings, with shifter. They credited me $500 for this. I was in a bind at the time, and felt this would lessen my account balance with them. I felt like I gave it away. I had more than that in the new parts, and fluid (Redline). Our agreement was $500 a month till it was paid off. Along the way, I had some misfortunate stuff happen, but I always called or emailed Dan directly. Some of the dates, I overpaid some I underpaid. In the end, I made things right with them, until things started going south with Jay's SC300. Jeremy called me on Christmas Eve and was frantic. I could tell in his voice he was very disturbed. I was with my family, and he was at the shop. He said that Jay's check had been stopped payment, worth $4K. He asked to call Jay and have him to call him at the shop. He also said he had to figure out away to make this right or he would be forced to quit. Jeremy said he was going to call the police detective for writing a bad check. Jay wrote the check to Jeremy personally, even after Dan told Jeremy not to take a check, only certified funds, or cash. Jeremy accepted the check due to what Jay had been through. I felt bad. I felt like I was in the middle of this whole situation, since I told Jay to take his car to Zen in the first place. I tried to make things right by emailing Dan and doing what Jeremy ask me to do, but every person is a grown man. They make their own decisions. I tried very hard to be the mediator between the two. In the end, I tried to make things right between the two and I personally hold ill towards Zen Motors, their shop, their crew, and their work. My car has been running great since I picked it up. Yeah, it was a wait just for a tune, but I am very happy with it. Since there has been so much tension between so many members and others, I will NOT be attending IA. I and my family feel that it is in the best interest, NOT to attend this year’s meet. I feel like my presence will bring about anger, dishonesty, and a possible scuffle. Plus I don’t want any damage to my car, due to someone taking their anger out on me. Plain and simple.
Old 03-20-13, 05:33 PM
Smurfzilla
Driver School Candidate

Damn dude. That sux you feel you have to miss out on one of the cooler car meets because of the car drama.
Old 03-20-13, 05:42 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Originally Posted by Smurfzilla
Damn dude. That sux you feel you have to miss out on one of the cooler car meets because of the car drama.
After careful consideration, I am still entertaining the offer. I dont want any drama to make me anyway out of the ordinary. I built this car for myself and I am an enthusiastic of the SC. One of my ambitions was to also show the car. It does have flaws, but they are very minor in my eyes.
Old 03-20-13, 06:09 PM
Nomolos1
Rookie

You shouldn't let bad vibes with a shop, stop you from going to a meet. I'll be there. And believe me, I'll be sure to let everyone know of what went on with my cars. I'm sure there will be many other people there in the same boat. If Zen Motors is there, it will not look good for them. My wife and I spent many thousands of dollars, only to have our cars rent space in that shop, with sub level work done.
Old 03-20-13, 06:24 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Originally Posted by Nomolos1
You shouldn't let bad vibes with a shop, stop you from going to a meet. I'll be there. And believe me, I'll be sure to let everyone know of what went on with my cars. I'm sure there will be many other people there in the same boat. If Zen Motors is there, it will not look good for them. My wife and I spent many thousands of dollars, only to have our cars rent space in that shop, with sub level work done.
If you go, what will you and your wife be in? I believe I have actually saw you and her before when I was at Zen Motors. You were talking to Dan outside next to a black MKIV supra. It might not have even been you.
Old 03-21-13, 09:32 AM
Nomolos1
Rookie

Yes, that was me next to one of two mk4 turbo supras, we had at Zen Motors.
Old 03-21-13, 10:12 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

What is everyone driving?

Quick Reply: Honest local Atlanta Shops???