IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

2008 isf wont start!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-17, 07:03 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

Don't they have some procedural rule that if they get to a point where they can't figure it out then the customer can choose what he wants to replace and pay for parts as they choose to replace one by one until the problem is fixed???

Hope that makes sense, but it doesn't seem right that they say you have to pay for all these parts and stick you with the bill and to boot that might not even fix the problem?

Call Lexus customer care and ask them what your options are before forking out that kind of cash........
Old 07-14-17, 09:22 AM
Weapon F

Received 249 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by jvgoins198
Well I thought about. Then thought well if I haul it to another shop then I am going to basically start over with them diagnosing it. I feel like if I rip it out of where it is, they are going to change the **** out of me for diagnosing hours and doubt the current dealer will give me a detailed list of what they have checked/done and why they have come to that conclusion (changing basically everything communication wise) to pass onto the next shop. I have not got a straight answer as to why all that has to be replaced, just that tech assistance says that is what needs to happen to get the car going. I mean I just don't understand how they all need to be replaced. It's like if one goes bad then all have to be replaced? I find that very hard to believe. I still stick with my theory that neither the shop of tech assistance can figure it out, so they are just going to replace everything that has to do with starting the car communication wise because they can't track down the true communication problem.
I feel for you this is not acceptable, not all dealerships are created equal especially when it comes to their technical support service departments. Do they have master tech at their location? If not you should request for Master Tech come check your car. My dealership has a Master Tech his name is Walter, he's the only one who ever Works om my car. When ever I need to get something done by the dealership the service manager will let me know if master tech is in or working on car that has serious issues if I want wait for him which I always do. When the other dealerships have a severe problem that cannot be diagnosed properly I know for a fact that the Master Tech Walter will be sent to that dealership to diagnose and fix the problem problem. There is a huge difference between a standard Tech and a Master Tech. The training MasterTech receives is heads above over your standard tech
Master techs are constantly being trained going to back to school for the latest updates, they tend to work with the Lexus engineer to help diagnose problems as well. The Master Tech Walter at my location is one of the few who has been authorized to work on the LFA because of the training he received. So if they don't have a Master Tech on staff find out if there's one in area who could be loaned to your dealership to help diagnose the problem or what's been suggested have the vehicle brought to dealership that does have a Master Tech get corporate involved so you don't have to eat any additional cost regarding, their failed attempt to diagnose your vehicle. Lexus also has engineers that cover certain regions if critical problem cannot be resolved these Engineers will also come in and take a look at a vehicle that's undiagnosable. I should know back in towards end 2009 into 2010 with my IS350 I had an electrical problem with the left headlight that couldn't be diagnosed properly eventually the Master tech had an engineer come in they both went through the problem together realize that they couldn't fix the issue after going through all the steps my car was then lemmond sent back to Japan for diagnosis and that's when I brought ISF. Don't let them off easy good luck.
Old 07-17-17, 12:48 PM
Joker4096
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 51 Posts

Any news on this?
Old 07-18-17, 12:30 AM
isfvss
Racer

Received 139 Likes on 110 Posts

A lot of people are waiting for a result on this and I hope its good news.
Old 07-19-17, 05:56 AM
Jlexus2008
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry...been busy at work. Car is still at the dealership. They had to order all the parts and "should have the car done buy the end of the week."
Old 07-19-17, 07:35 AM
Joker4096
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 51 Posts

And they did try another "Good" battery right?
Old 07-24-17, 05:15 PM
UCrazyKid
Lexus Test Driver

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

Any luck with the new parts?
Old 10-07-17, 06:03 PM
isfvss
Racer

Received 139 Likes on 110 Posts

OLD thread but did you get this fixed????
Old 10-10-17, 05:07 PM
Kubbz
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Smile Had the same problem. Got it working

My wife's IS250 was sitting in our garage and forgot to drive it over 2+ weeks to keep the battery and everything in working order. However, when I attempted to start it nothing happened. Thank goodness we left the doors unlocked so i could get in.

What i found was the car battery was dead causing its systems memory to rest some. I had AAA swap out the battery (They disconnected the battery cables for 5 mins, then connected it to the new battery) I then pumped/pressed the brakes a bit hard a that seemed to do the trick.

I recommend you swap your Fob and car battery. Check your battery cable ends for corrosion and clean them if needed.

Hope that helps...

Kubbz
Old 10-10-17, 09:02 PM
mahcah
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts

Pressing the brake pedal down is required to start the car but "the trick" of pumping brakes does not encourage car start...
Old 10-03-18, 08:34 PM
Nbk2q4t1
10th Gear

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Do we have any new updates on this issue!!!!!

My 2008 Lexus ISF just started this same issue it has only 69k miles.
Old 10-04-18, 04:56 AM
Jwconeil

Received 968 Likes on 628 Posts

Hopefully the OP found resolution. It’s a little concerning that 3 people have now had this issue.
Old 10-04-18, 08:40 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,849 Likes on 2,334 Posts

Originally Posted by Jwconeil
Hopefully the OP found resolution. It’s a little concerning that 3 people have now had this issue.
3 out of how many? There are lots of reasons for a no start condition. We just don't know what happened with the OP's car since he never responded after the car was repaired. There is another thread here describing a no start condition that ended up being a wiring issue underneath the steering ECU. But a Google search doesn't show widespread failures across the 2IS models. If it did, Lexus would have a serious black eye for whatever the single root cause is. Since they don't, these could easily be issues related to individual manufacturing faults. Those happen to every brand. It's when this becomes common enough to hit the street that they're "all failing" then it's concerning. This is no different than a couple of AA80E transmission failures we've seen on this board. Not a common failure at all, but the failure mode is common. Also, there is scant information to help identify what could/should be done to minimize the risk of these failures.

Last edited by lobuxracer; 10-04-18 at 09:06 AM.
Old 11-16-18, 11:57 AM
MNEWGEN
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Has anyone found a solution for this? I'm having a similar issue if it's related to the ID code box/DTC B2799....

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-2nd-gen-2006-2013/904489-brought-my-2is-in-for-fuel-delivery-pipe-gasket-recall-and-now-vehicle-won-t-run.html
Old 11-19-18, 04:42 AM
Jlexus2008
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MNEWGEN
Has anyone found a solution for this? I'm having a similar issue if it's related to the ID code box/DTC B2799....

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-2nd-gen-2006-2013/904489-brought-my-2is-in-for-fuel-delivery-pipe-gasket-recall-and-now-vehicle-won-t-run.html
So they ended up having to replace 3 components that worked in conjunction with the immobilization. If I remember correctly there were two under the dash and one in the trunk area, but I could be totally wrong on the locations it's been so long ago now. That was the only thing they did that would allow them to get it started. There were a couple of them that they swapped out and tried reprogramming to the key with no luck. Thus, they ended up replacing everything that had to do with communications/immobilization with the key and reprogrammed. Then it started. Cost me around $4000 if I remember correctly.

Quick Reply: 2008 isf wont start!!!