IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

2008 isf wont start!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-17, 01:52 PM
Jlexus2008
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well she has been towed to the stealership now so we will see. As for the above mentioned things:
Did you connect the battery backwards? 100% for sure no
Battery in your fob on the correct side? Yes and a new one at that
Car battery have sufficient voltage? Yup. Checked it with a volt meter last night when I bought the new one and was trouble shooting
Try pushing hard on the brake pedal. I most definitely had it pressed super hard.

The thing is, I know it's getting sufficient voltage. When I use the key to get in the car and open the door, as I said above the over head lights, door lights etc are on and bright. I can push my truck pop button inside the car (not the fob) and the trunk will open. I know I know those things can still come on with a drained battery, but the car will not even try to crank and the cluster and all dash lights stay blanked out except for the depress the brake pedal and hold the key to the start button message. Which when I follow the instructions, it does nothing but give me the message again. Yes I have held the fob there for quite some time. Nothing seems to work. I still think it is the fob not communicating to the car. Like the car/fob lost their programming. IDK...guess we'll see.
Old 06-30-17, 03:23 PM
Jlexus2008
Rookie

So just got a update call from the stealership. The service advisor says all fuses and relays are good. Battery is good. Fob signal is good. They are going to try in the morning to reset/reflash some modules whatever that means. What modules would need to be reset/reflashed?
Old 06-30-17, 05:59 PM
Joker4096
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by jvgoins198
So just got a update call from the stealership. The service advisor says all fuses and relays are good. Battery is good. Fob signal is good. They are going to try in the morning to reset/reflash some modules whatever that means. What modules would need to be reset/reflashed?
I would guess whatever transmits the signal to and from the fob.
Old 07-01-17, 01:01 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,849 Likes on 2,334 Posts

Does the ignition switch light ever go green? If it doesn't the certificate ECU isn't working, or the key is not detected as the right key. Normally you would see a "key not detected" message on the dash.

Reflash? They're grabbing at straws...

Where are you in TN?
Old 07-01-17, 05:07 AM
Jlexus2008
Rookie

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Does the ignition switch light ever go green? If it doesn't the certificate ECU isn't working, or the key is not detected as the right key. Normally you would see a "key not detected" message on the dash.

Reflash? They're grabbing at straws...

Where are you in TN?
Yes the start switch does go green when the cluster gives the message to depress the brake pedal and hold the key to the start button.

Nashville, Tn

Last edited by Jlexus2008; 07-01-17 at 05:26 AM.
Old 07-01-17, 05:17 AM
Vervish
Racer

Received 130 Likes on 85 Posts

Any chance you blew the brake relay switch (not sure of exact name) when you replaced battery?

That will cause same symptoms you describe. I would assume your brake lights would not turn on if the relay is blown when you depress brake pedal.

Good luck
Old 07-01-17, 05:25 AM
Jlexus2008
Rookie

Originally Posted by Vervish
Any chance you blew the brake relay switch (not sure of exact name) when you replaced battery?

That will cause same symptoms you describe. I would assume your brake lights would not turn on if the relay is blown when you depress brake pedal.

Good luck
Ya know, I didn't think to look to see if the brake lights were coming on...hmmmmmmm...i feel like I remember seeing them reflect off the storage back wall, but I can't say 100%
Old 07-01-17, 10:19 AM
Jlexus2008
Rookie

So just called the stealership and the reflash/reset did not work. Still same condition. So more trouble shooting... $$$$$$ ugh

It's just crazy to me. Never have had the slightest problem out of the car. Battery dies, car is essentially a paper weight and no one can figure out why

Last edited by Jlexus2008; 07-01-17 at 10:48 AM.
Old 07-01-17, 01:43 PM
wmjeffreyw
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I wonder what it would take to test the button. Everything looks to be normal in terms allowing the starter to engage, from what you are describing it sounds like the switch's contacts are not closing. Could you get it to turn on acc's? Amber illumination (not pressing down the brakes prior to pushing)??
Old 07-01-17, 02:13 PM
Jlexus2008
Rookie

Originally Posted by wmjeffreyw
I wonder what it would take to test the button. Everything looks to be normal in terms allowing the starter to engage, from what you are describing it sounds like the switch's contacts are not closing. Could you get it to turn on acc's? Amber illumination (not pressing down the brakes prior to pushing)??
I could not get it to acc. That's what made it a b**** to get out of storage due to the wheel lock. I never saw it illuminate amber. Any time you touch the button, it just gives the same message. Depress brake and hold key to the start button.
Old 07-01-17, 02:59 PM
Jlexus2008
Rookie

It's just crazy to me that I have never had an electrical or start issue. Hell I've never had a slight issue period with the car. I know what drained the battery. It was the overhead little push lights. Left them on. I just don't understand how draining a battery has now lead to this. Doesn't make sense to me.
Old 07-01-17, 07:20 PM
isfvss
Racer

Received 139 Likes on 110 Posts

If your fob wont open the boot "trunk" you would think it is fob communication to the car??
Old 07-02-17, 07:29 AM
Jlexus2008
Rookie

Originally Posted by isfvss
If your fob wont open the boot "trunk" you would think it is fob communication to the car??
My thoughts exactly. I've been wanting to talk to the technician but all I get is the damn service advisor. They don't know much.
Old 07-02-17, 11:13 AM
jaysneeze
Driver School Candidate

keep us posted. This seems like a very interesting problem. My car has been sitting in my garage for a month now on a tender. I would like to find out what the issue is. Good luck.
Old 07-02-17, 01:15 PM
Vervish
Racer

Received 130 Likes on 85 Posts

I would check the engine wiring and confirm that no critter got in there and chewed through some wires.

Quick Reply: 2008 isf wont start!!!