GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Tesla Syle Headunit

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-18, 04:15 PM
MX73
Racer

Received 292 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by verly6565
what do you mean by 2x32
2gb ram 32gb of storage.
Old 02-19-18, 02:48 AM
dmcclend
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MX73

2gb ram 32gb of storage.
yes that’s what I mean
Old 02-19-18, 10:53 AM
Mysta
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

2gb ram 32gb of storage.
China is on holiday atm until like 25th of Feb, if they are china based in any way. Could be why. I think Im gonna order when they get back if I can get any sort of discount. What did you end up paying? Also does it use the existing aux? Mine died so wondering if i should replace it as well or just use the bluetooth now.
Old 02-19-18, 11:11 AM
dmcclend
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Mysta
China is on holiday atm until like 25th of Feb, if they are china based in any way. Could be why. I think Im gonna order when they get back if I can get any sort of discount. What did you end up paying? Also does it use the existing aux? Mine died so wondering if i should replace it as well or just use the bluetooth now.
I use the Bluetooth and usb. it comes with two USB lines. I use a 2T portable hard drive and a flash drive for Music and video. it works great. I plan to do a video of the Unit and how I use it. i'm starting to get a good feel on how to control the heating and air part of the unit.
Old 02-19-18, 11:13 AM
dmcclend
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by dmcclend
I use the Bluetooth and usb. it comes with two USB lines. I use a 2T portable hard drive and a flash drive for Music and video. it works great. I plan to do a video of the Unit and how I use it. i'm starting to get a good feel on how to control the heating and air part of the unit.
has anyone received the 2 X 32 unit?
Old 02-20-18, 06:40 PM
Mysta
Driver

Originally Posted by dmcclend

I have no glare issues. Still kind of pissed that I ordered the 2x32 and received the 1x16. They still have rectified this or even addressed it. Having said all that, the freaking upgrade is incredible. I don’t have unlimited data on my phone so I’m try to find the best offline gps to install. The Sygic gps that comes with the unit is terrible - at least the offline version is.

Btw, as for offline GPS. I dunno the version but with google maps you can download an area(or as many areas as you want) and it can use it offline. I used this all the time over the past like 5 years when working out of country.
Old 02-21-18, 06:12 AM
gs350fan
Intermediate

Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts

2gb ram 32gb of storage.
The 1gb is worthless. It may not even run some apps correctly. I had to install a process cleaner to make things work. These units are generally the same and differ in screen and bezel for different models. The one I have has a terrible radio app, it will change the name of the radio station buttons as the RDS changes. I don't know what they were smoking to do something like that, your buttons look like random words from names of songs. You are also pretty much stuck with the radio app that comes with the unit.

I guess they do the climate control thru sniffing the can bus for functions and codes. If someone is determined enough you could probably automate everything on the car thru that interface (wipers, windows, etc.). I did something like that with my old Ford..was able to control the 4x4 thru the OBD dongle. I also see a graphic when the system is activated and a %age. No doubt the same could be done on this car too. I'm sure the unit has the hardware to read codes as well.
Old 02-21-18, 08:42 PM
Mysta
Driver

Originally Posted by gs350fan
The 1gb is worthless. It may not even run some apps correctly. I had to install a process cleaner to make things work. These units are generally the same and differ in screen and bezel for different models. The one I have has a terrible radio app, it will change the name of the radio station buttons as the RDS changes. I don't know what they were smoking to do something like that, your buttons look like random words from names of songs. You are also pretty much stuck with the radio app that comes with the unit.

I guess they do the climate control thru sniffing the can bus for functions and codes. If someone is determined enough you could probably automate everything on the car thru that interface (wipers, windows, etc.). I did something like that with my old Ford..was able to control the 4x4 thru the OBD dongle. I also see a graphic when the system is activated and a %age. No doubt the same could be done on this car too. I'm sure the unit has the hardware to read codes as well.
Wonder how hard it'd be to just use the same connection and put a new tablet in. 10" tablets are like a dime a dozen, any pics of the hardware that came with it and how it's all connected?
Old 02-27-18, 08:10 AM
Mysta
Driver

So what's everyone's verdict on these with 1g or 2g of ram? It seems pretty outdated from tablet standpoint but also still way more modern than the stock ones obviously. Just super expensive now at like 700+
Old 02-27-18, 07:25 PM
MX73
Racer

Received 292 Likes on 226 Posts

Which site is that for? If it's this one: I actually have an IS, doesn't seem to work for it. https://www.espony-cargo.com/10.4-te...2012?limit=100
I think the code only works for the Lexus GS unit.
Old 02-28-18, 05:22 AM
greg3852
Lexus Test Driver

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Can someone post a video of it working? Would probably solve the 3 million questions about responsiveness etc...
Old 02-28-18, 06:40 AM
Mysta
Driver

Originally Posted by greg3852
Can someone post a video of it working? Would probably solve the 3 million questions about responsiveness etc...
Can Kinda see it working in the IS version here(same thing diff plastics)
The following users liked this post:
greg3852 (02-28-18)
Old 02-28-18, 10:01 AM
Mysta
Driver

Anyone know if the stock camera works?
Old 02-28-18, 10:12 AM
sprtn131
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Anyone know if the stock camera works?
from what I've read it does NOT work with the stock camera
Old 02-28-18, 11:56 AM
Mysta
Driver

Originally Posted by sprtn131
from what I've read it does NOT work with the stock camera
Wonder if I can use the same wires at least. I'll order their camera since it's only 10$ and try both ways.

Quick Reply: Tesla Syle Headunit