IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

HELP!! Weird things happening after battery charge

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-14, 04:33 AM
allicedout
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!! Weird things happening after battery charge

Hey everyone, with the weather getting better I was able to get my car out of storage this weekend. Couple of things, the battery went dead as I forgot to unhook it before storage. No bid deal, I boosted it once, ran the car for 45min. 2 hours later dead again. I then unhooked the negotive because there was still some power and I couldn't get it to power down completely. I charged the battery over night, next morning hooked up the negotive, car started no issues everything was good. I now realize I can't control any of the windows with the master switch on the drivers side, I can open and close the drivers window but thats it, passenger and rear windows open and close with there individual switches no issue, but nothing with the master. I also noticed this morning that my headlights do not auto adjust, previously I would turn on the car headlights and they would point down and slowly raise up to level, or the other way around can't remember. Anyhow anyone know whats going on? Also thought I should let you know I had the VVTi recall done right before storing the car. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!!

Last edited by allicedout; 04-02-14 at 04:37 AM.
Old 04-02-14, 05:00 AM
TheVille
Driver

With the windows u just need to reprogram, u will see the little lights on the windows blinking, hold down the window switch until the window is completely down, then hold the window switch until the window is completely up.
After doing that you should have control again. But you hve to manaually do that to all the windows
Old 04-02-14, 05:10 AM
allicedout
Rookie

Awesome I'll give it a go. Thanks.
Old 04-02-14, 05:15 AM
knguyenk
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whenever the battery is unhooked from the car, the windows need to be reset at each door. The instructions are in the 2IS FAQ sticky below:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...isconnect.html

I know this because of one instance when I had spark plugs done on my IS and I had to remove the battery to figure out why my car was idling high (turned out to be throttle body and not the ECU); however I needed to reset my windows. And just yesterday my battery was going bad, needed two times to start with a week of slow crank starts, and I was resetting my windows in front of the Sears where I got and installed the battery myself.

As for the lights not leveling or leveling slowly (factory HIDs I'm assuming), that maybe the battery not having a good enough charge to run the startup properly. I noticed when my battery was going bad, the tachometer and speedometer needles didn't go through their typical startup sequence (the sweep that goes all the way to the max and back). When the battery has the necessary charge, it does the needle sequence properly.

If I paid attention to my HIDs when my battery was weak I could tell you more, but this is my experience with the windows.
Old 04-02-14, 05:55 AM
allicedout
Rookie

^^ Thanks a lot! I didn't pay any attention to start up, if infact my needles aren't going through there regular start up sweep i'll have to take it for a drive on the highway to hopefully get the battery fully charged, if that doesn't work i'll have the battery checked out at the local shop.
Old 04-02-14, 07:05 AM
knguyenk
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by allicedout
^^ Thanks a lot! I didn't pay any attention to start up, if infact my needles aren't going through there regular start up sweep i'll have to take it for a drive on the highway to hopefully get the battery fully charged, if that doesn't work i'll have the battery checked out at the local shop.
Sounds good, keep us posted on the results.
Old 04-02-14, 04:35 PM
allicedout
Rookie

So the windows are all good, headlights I'll try again in the morning, gauges are doing a full sweep on start up so maybe it's just been a long time!!
Old 04-02-14, 07:08 PM
knguyenk
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by allicedout
So the windows are all good, headlights I'll try again in the morning, gauges are doing a full sweep on start up so maybe it's just been a long time!!
That's good. As long as the battery is keeping its charge, then all's good.
Old 04-04-14, 08:29 AM
allicedout
Rookie

Everything is back to the way it was! Thanks for the help with the windows.
Old 04-04-14, 09:31 AM
EXL124
Driver School Candidate

I have the same issue with my headlights...what was the remedy?
Old 04-05-14, 07:27 AM
allicedout
Rookie

Originally Posted by EXL124
I have the same issue with my headlights...what was the remedy?
Sorry I wish I could help you but it just fixed itself. Only thing I can assume is the ECU was relearning after the battery disconnect. Good luck.
Old 04-07-14, 11:48 AM
EXL124
Driver School Candidate

NP...mine actually ended up doing the same thing...Started working again the next day. So I had to manually lower the lights that I had raised the night before. Lesson learned....give it a day or so before raising the lights manually.