Notices
GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Side Mirrors

Old 09-29-15, 03:51 PM
frotiss
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Side Mirrors

Hey guys my 07 GS350 after coming out of Reverse the mirrors don't tilt back to the original position and sometimes it don't tilt down far when put in reverse any help please Thanks
Old 09-29-15, 05:48 PM
sprtn131
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

My 06 gs300 does the exact same thing. I think it's just a glitch not sure if there is a solution
Old 09-29-15, 05:56 PM
Broncosi
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

446 posts and you didn't search for this before posting?! haha tisk tisk!

I have this problem all the time. People's explanation is that the gears aren't well made and strip so the mirrors fail at tilting all together eventually but start by not returning to the correct position . . . ever (for me at least). The fix? People either replace the whole housing with gears or take it apart and replace the gears inside.

If you want to or care about it, I would open the mirror assembly up and replace the gears and when you put the mirror back together, use the newer, direct fit covers with turn signals on them.
Old 09-29-15, 08:43 PM
pman6
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

solution is to stop using the auto tilt
Old 09-30-15, 04:48 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by pman6 View Post
solution is to stop using the auto tilt
i never turned mine on because of this reason
Old 09-30-15, 05:39 AM
Broncosi
Pole Position

I agree that the work around is to stop using them. My question is, why would Lexus half *** something like this? If those gears weren't made for use on a regular basis, then don't give the ability to fold the mirror in at least.
Old 09-30-15, 10:42 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Broncosi View Post
I agree that the work around is to stop using them. My question is, why would Lexus half *** something like this? If those gears weren't made for use on a regular basis, then don't give the ability to fold the mirror in at least.
for the same reason why everything is run off electronics now a days, so when it breaks you either have to 1) buy a new one or 2) take it somewhere for repair. why make something that will never break? your losing money if you do that
Old 09-30-15, 11:05 AM
Broncosi
Pole Position

Originally Posted by IXI187IXI View Post
for the same reason why everything is run off electronics now a days, so when it breaks you either have to 1) buy a new one or 2) take it somewhere for repair. why make something that will never break? your losing money if you do that
Insert "reminiscing the good old days" here

I was just discussing with a coworker yesterday how we could both fix any issue with our first cars ourselves. Now you open a hood and everything is hidden under plastic.
Old 09-30-15, 11:56 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Insert "reminiscing the good old days" here

I was just discussing with a coworker yesterday how we could both fix any issue with our first cars ourselves. Now you open a hood and everything is hidden under plastic.
hence why i still love my older cars i have. all mechanical to fix, hardly anything electrical
Old 09-30-15, 10:37 PM
pman6
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I agree that the work around is to stop using them. My question is, why would Lexus half *** something like this? .
because the 3GS was a giant experiment and not tested enough.
Seems like an endless list of things that break in this car.
Old 10-01-15, 12:10 AM
Mesca
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No, the actual solution is to open your drop-down menu box and make sure you have the green light either on L or R. If it's on neither, it will not angle down when you put the car in reverse. Try that and see if it fixes your problem!
Old 10-01-15, 02:24 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mesca View Post
No, the actual solution is to open your drop-down menu box and make sure you have the green light either on L or R. If it's on neither, it will not angle down when you put the car in reverse. Try that and see if it fixes your problem!
that doesnt resolve the issues though. whether its on L or R the issue is not returning back to its original position when you shift into D
Old 10-01-15, 01:10 PM
Broncosi
Pole Position

Originally Posted by IXI187IXI View Post
that doesnt resolve the issues though. whether its on L or R the issue is not returning back to its original position when you shift into D
Exactly. My mirrors are pointing a different angle everyday. I never know what I'll be looking at when I get in to drive to work every morning.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Side Mirrors

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: