GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Door Lock Acutuators DIY ???

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-08, 07:26 PM
Lexizm
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is there anyone in Atlanta that has done this? I think I may need so guidance on this one.
Old 12-17-08, 04:59 AM
TRD911
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexizm
Is there anyone in Atlanta that has done this? I think I may need so guidance on this one.
I am in Columbia SC... it would take about 45 mins (at most) per door as long as your dome lights work. I can help you replace all four of the motors. It is a peice of cake.

I do not travel... so you would have to come to me.. Let me know..

BP
Old 12-28-08, 11:28 AM
AshburnM3
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Big Thanks to TRD911 !!!! I've just replaced all 4 little motors on my GS.
Old 12-28-08, 02:14 PM
Lexizm
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TRD911
I am in Columbia SC... it would take about 45 mins (at most) per door as long as your dome lights work. I can help you replace all four of the motors. It is a peice of cake.

I do not travel... so you would have to come to me.. Let me know..

BP
Thanks man I have some people in SC. I may take you up on your offer; I'll send you a PM.
Old 12-28-08, 03:21 PM
PR FIEBRU
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by gsCrazy
has anyone in new york city done this???
Thanks TRD. you are the man.
I just purchased the motors on ebay. I bought two sets. I have fam and friends that are having the same problem.

Yes NYC in the house.

I will problably do it as soon as i get the motors and the temp is warm.
Old 01-08-09, 06:49 PM
Herelsy
Driver School Candidate

I'm about to attempt this myself, I was just wondering where do I get the motors. I looked around the internet and theres so many different kinds (volts, rpms, etc) that I don't know which one to choose from.....I need 4 motors if anyone has them I can just buy it from someone if you would like to sell it.
Old 01-09-09, 05:00 AM
cenwesi
Rookie

Send an email to TRD911, i believe that is who i got mine from. I don't know what model lexus you have so i don't know if yours needs the Mabuchi Motors 9V - 12V DC

Search this forum and post question before attempting to do this. Once you get to the atuator, you need to be very gentle with the case since they GLUED it but it will prey open.
Old 01-12-09, 01:21 PM
cummins
Rookie

These are nice write ups. I've been changing door lock actuators for a LONG time now before I even knew of this forum. I never changed just the motor I've always just changed the whole actuator. I've had over 10 GS's and my friends have them too. So I have been familiar with this door lock problem and it seems like I'm always changing the actuators several times a year for friends or whoever so I can practically do them blind folded. Glad to see a nice DIY.
Old 01-12-09, 02:36 PM
augdogg
Lead Lap

I found this for the rear doors..very detailed and easy step-by-step..

www.grcwebsite.com/RR%20Door%20Actuator.pdf
Old 01-12-09, 02:41 PM
mikesblkgs
Rookie

Originally Posted by TRD911
I did my drivers side door lock actuator today. I took several pics. Would anyone be interested in a small write up with several pics? I would hate to invest time in a topic no one would be interested in. Any comments. Do you guys wanna see my pics? I have never done a DIY but I did it myself and it was not toooooo bad. Feedback will help motivate me. Thanks, B
yeah i would like to see how u did it... that would be great...i was wondering if there are any hidden fuses on the acuator?? because my door sensor always stays on and as if my door isnt shut tightly all the time....
Old 01-12-09, 02:49 PM
lexuseng
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by augdogg
I found this for the rear doors..very detailed and easy step-by-step..

www.grcwebsite.com/RR%20Door%20Actuator.pdf
This is a great link with only one step I can improve on. This is for a 2001 rear door (like the picture). You do not have to remove the handle to get the acutator out. You only have to lift up on the outside door handle and this will allow you to manuever the actuator around and out.
Old 01-18-09, 03:59 PM
99GSThree
Driver

Does anyone have the ebay seller's name? I want to buy all 4 to have on hand. I need at least one or two now. All the links in the thread are dead. The only auctions on ebay i saw were for individual motors,not 5 as stated. Plus i want to make sure i'm getting the correct ones. Thanks to all for the hard work and research into putting this DIY together!!
Old 01-25-09, 01:34 PM
qwaller
Driver School Candidate

Default Dead thread

I too have the need for the ebay motors. Does anyone have a motor part number or other identifier to find the correct motors?
Thanks
Old 01-25-09, 01:43 PM
99GSThree
Driver

I bought four of these from this seller. Cost was less than $13 shipped for 4.
Seller's name:tag16c

http://cgi.ebay.com/One-NEW-Mabuchi-...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 01-25-09, 05:15 PM
TRD911
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I know this is a double post but there has been so many questions about where to find them and I know folks are have been having issues with finding the auctions.

The seller's name is tag16c and if you are looking for the motors a good place to start your search is "Mabuchi" the part number that we have been using FC 280PT-22125 If you go to Mabuchi website you can also see there are several other that will work but they want you buy quantities that are high, like 10K, there only like 30 cents a piece. I have attached a picture from tag16c 's auction I do not think he would mind. When I look for the auction I start by typing in Mabuchi then look for that picture below that I posted. I hope this helps. I know that this DIY takes a lot of different turns and it can be hard to follow. I have about 10 motors as spares... I hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails Door Lock Acutuators   DIY ???-7cbe_12.jpg  

Quick Reply: Door Lock Acutuators DIY ???