Notices
GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Door Lock Acutuators DIY ???

Old 11-30-18, 03:07 PM
WaitUpGuys
Driver School Candidate

I tried search option for this thread but can't find any matches. Has anyone done this on a 2013 GS350? Just wanted to check if this is the correct motor for my car. FC-280PC-22125. Is the shaft 10 or 20 mm, and is it round or D shaped. Thanks!
Old 11-30-18, 09:38 PM
garris1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by WaitUpGuys View Post
I tried search option for this thread but can't find any matches. Has anyone done this on a 2013 GS350? Just wanted to check if this is the correct motor for my car. FC-280PC-22125. Is the shaft 10 or 20 mm, and is it round or D shaped. Thanks!
I don't know about a 2013, but I'll offer a suggestion based on my experience with my 2003 GS 300. Don't get the motor. Get the small unit that encases the motor. To get the motor out and replace it means you have to crack the case open, take the motor and using a very small gear puller, remove the gear. And then put it back together so it stays together.

When I replaced a failed motor in my back door, I bought a case for about $20 on ebay. The motor is $5 to $10, if you get the right one. The small case fits right into the larger actuator unit, the one with all of the rods and levers attached. Much easier for just a few dollars more.

I did an eBay search for year, make, model, door lock actuator, front or back, and right or left.

Just did the following search on "2013 lexus gs 350 door lock actuator". Turned up a list, the lowest was a
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Front-Left-...3e71:rk:1:pf:0
for $33.79. Does that look like yours?

Kenn
Old 12-01-18, 06:26 AM
WaitUpGuys
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by garris1 View Post
I don't know about a 2013, but I'll offer a suggestion based on my experience with my 2003 GS 300. Don't get the motor. Get the small unit that encases the motor. To get the motor out and replace it means you have to crack the case open, take the motor and using a very small gear puller, remove the gear. And then put it back together so it stays together.

When I replaced a failed motor in my back door, I bought a case for about $20 on ebay. The motor is $5 to $10, if you get the right one. The small case fits right into the larger actuator unit, the one with all of the rods and levers attached. Much easier for just a few dollars more.

I did an eBay search for year, make, model, door lock actuator, front or back, and right or left.

Just did the following search on "2013 lexus gs 350 door lock actuator". Turned up a list, the lowest was a
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Front-Left-...3e71:rk:1:pf:0
for $33.79. Does that look like yours?

Kenn
Thanks Kenn for the suggestion. I guess that would be a lot less work then doing the surgery work to get the motor out. Looks like this is a complete actuator replacement. Found one from 1Auto with lifetime warranty replacement. I just hope these are quality parts that'll last.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rear-Door-L...60B~:rk:2:pf:0

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Door Lock Acutuators DIY ???

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: