Build Threads Details on Club Lexus RC-F owner vehicles

2015 Ultra White Build

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-17, 12:11 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,891 Likes on 2,362 Posts

Originally Posted by JT2MA71
A little fall project ! HKS Carbon strut tower bar for a Toyota Chaser .
Did you remove the OEM three point brace to install this?
Old 11-23-17, 04:04 AM
JT2MA71

Received 1,524 Likes on 661 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Did you remove the OEM three point brace to install this?
No, not exactly. The OEM one hasn't been on the car for a while now. I sent it to someone so they could make one out of Ti. While waiting on that, this just came up. I will either incorporate the factory ones to this or use the Ti one, if it ever gets done
Old 11-23-17, 09:04 AM
weswork
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 28 Posts

Spacers are made and this mod is now complete!!

Very sweet Ron! You DO know how rare and sought after these bars are, right?? Maybe, less so for the Soarer ones but, if modifiable like you did for another vehicle then still like gold. I’ve got 1 of maybe 3 in the US JZA80 (MKIV Supra) bars on my Supra. These go for ridiculous money. Ask me how I know. . Still working on the custom firewall bracket for my TRD engine cover/brace. The first one didn’t quite work. There are many more subtle differences between the contours and stud placement on the firewall between the USDM and JDM cars than we thought.
Old 11-23-17, 09:24 AM
JT2MA71

Originally Posted by weswork
Very sweet Ron! You DO know how rare and sought after these bars are, right?? Maybe, less so for the Soarer ones but, if modifiable like you did for another vehicle then still like gold. I’ve got 1 of maybe 3 in the US JZA80 (MKIV Supra) bars on my Supra. These go for ridiculous money. Ask me how I know. . Still working on the custom firewall bracket for my TRD engine cover/brace. The first one didn’t quite work. There are many more subtle differences between the contours and stud placement on the firewall between the USDM and JDM cars than we thought.
Thank you! Haha! yes I know., like you said, especially for the Supras, both MK3 and MK4. The HKS and TRD ones are crazy! Here's a TRD one I made to work on my MK3 a little while back. Can't wait to see that TRD cover/brace on the RC-F! I actually still have a chance to get one, if I ever decide to drop the cash on that. And the full underbody aero and brace!

Last edited by JT2MA71; 11-23-17 at 09:32 AM.
Old 11-23-17, 09:53 AM
weswork
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 28 Posts

Thank you! Haha! yes I know., like you said, especially for the Supras, both MK3 and MK4. The HKS and TRD ones are crazy! Here's a TRD one I made to work on my MK3 a little while back. Can't wait to see that TRD cover/brace on the RC-F! I actually still have a chance to get one, if I ever decide to drop the cash on that. And the full underbody aero and brace!

NOIICE! For what I’ve gone through (going through) with the TRD brace I would not recommend it. I was just so invested and so far past the point of no return I had to keep going. Once we get the bracket done I sure it could be easily duplicated for much less than it will end up costing me but, even adding that reduced cost to what the brace runs is questionable. I’ll try to keep you posted. Getting ready to switch to have some “winter work” done on the Supra.
The following users liked this post:
JT2MA71 (11-23-17)
Old 11-23-17, 01:27 PM
JT2MA71

Originally Posted by pheen619
So nice, I am super jealous. What goodness do you have in the works next?
Thanks! Really don't know what's in the works next, whatever comes up I guess. I will; eventually get headers, that's almost certain!

Originally Posted by Phinatic
Looks awesome, I'm super jealous too. Your uniqueness and creativeness sets your build apart from others.
Thank you! Appreciate the nice comment

Originally Posted by Mingofish
Man that spacer is on point!!
Guessing you have mad skills plus access to some machinery. Nicely done!
Thanks! I have some materials laying around, I used to do a lot of fabrication so it makes it easier to make things happen
Old 11-23-17, 08:31 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,891 Likes on 2,362 Posts

No, not exactly. The OEM one hasn't been on the car for a while now. I sent it to someone so they could make one out of Ti. While waiting on that, this just came up. I will either incorporate the factory ones to this or use the Ti one, if it ever gets done
OK. I'm not a fan of braces with pivots in them because they don't deliver stiffness. I am sure it looks great, but because it flexes at the bolts over the shock towers, it really doesn't do a good job of tying the towers together. The OEM piece is also compromised because it is missing the third leg of the triangle. If I were building a bar for the RC F, I would be adding a cross member to the existing firewall mounted bars to create a noticeable increase in stiffness in the front. There would not be any flexible joints of any kind because there is no reason to allow motion unless you want to introduce flexibility and reduce stiffness. Here's a good example of doing it right:

Old 11-24-17, 12:44 PM
JT2MA71

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
OK. I'm not a fan of braces with pivots in them because they don't deliver stiffness. I am sure it looks great, but because it flexes at the bolts over the shock towers, it really doesn't do a good job of tying the towers together. The OEM piece is also compromised because it is missing the third leg of the triangle. If I were building a bar for the RC F, I would be adding a cross member to the existing firewall mounted bars to create a noticeable increase in stiffness in the front. There would not be any flexible joints of any kind because there is no reason to allow motion unless you want to introduce flexibility and reduce stiffness. Here's a good example of doing it right:

Agreed 100%!
the Ti one, if it even gets done, will somewhat look like that one. Solid on all the joints.
Old 12-29-17, 04:08 PM
08sgmis350
Advanced

Received 183 Likes on 73 Posts

love ur ride. with CF lips, hood, roof, spoiler, it looks amazing!
Old 12-30-17, 10:21 AM
JT2MA71

Originally Posted by 08sgmis350
love ur ride. with CF lips, hood, roof, spoiler, it looks amazing!
Thank you!
Old 01-28-18, 04:42 PM
Ricardorc
Pole Position

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Love the bar man !!
quick question , do the lexon side add ons pre drilled bolts match the oem skirt holes ? Or did you have to make holes on the skirts
thank you sir
Old 01-29-18, 07:52 AM
JT2MA71

Originally Posted by Ricardorc
Love the bar man !!
quick question , do the lexon side add ons pre drilled bolts match the oem skirt holes ? Or did you have to make holes on the skirts
thank you sir
Thank you! If I remember correctly, The side splitters are pre drilled but only a couple of holes match the factory holes, I believe one in front and one in rear. The rest have to be drilled as far as the car goes. I have the Skipper sides BTW, sold the Lexon set. They mount on the factory plastic rocker panel so I used plenty of double sided tape too. HTH
Old 01-29-18, 08:22 AM
Ricardorc
Pole Position

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Thank you! If I remember correctly, The side splitters are pre drilled but only a couple of holes match the factory holes, I believe one in front and one in rear. The rest have to be drilled as far as the car goes. I have the Skipper sides BTW, sold the Lexon set. They mount on the factory plastic rocker panel so I used plenty of double sided tape too. HTH
oh ok awesome , thank you for your help !
Old 02-03-18, 09:18 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

Came in here for some motivation today. went through every page again. lets reminice back to the day you put on shoes 19x12 rears. ***drools**
The following users liked this post:
JT2MA71 (02-05-18)
Old 02-13-18, 08:32 AM
Ne1tHeRe
Instructor

Received 111 Likes on 107 Posts

You are very welcome!
Installed it today, going to order some titanium fasteners and maybe leave the back of the seats out. Way too nice to cover it up!

Looks great! How much do the rear seats weigh and how much does that CF rear partition brace weigh? Would be cool if someone made a CF panel that covers that whole area and replaces the back seats.

Last edited by Ne1tHeRe; 02-13-18 at 08:36 AM.

Quick Reply: 2015 Ultra White Build