SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Possibly a security issue? Computer issue? Need help

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-15, 08:29 AM
Tchambers0
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possibly a security issue? Computer issue? Need help

OK so long story short. Security light constantly flashing whether running or not. Key fob doesn't work but battery is good (master key), car will start and drive fine though. The power locks don't work, top will not go down, gas door won't open with the button in the cabin (manual release from trunk is ok), trunk won't open unless I use manual release, the electric steering wheel works but not automatically and won't retract to the stored position, auto up/down on windows won't work, pass window control on driver door doesn't work but works on pass door, seat settings won't store, dome light doesn't come on when doors open and doesn't register them as open but puddle lights come on, fuses ok, power mirrors don't work, power seats and everything works individually. I think that covers everything. Any insight or ideas?

Last edited by Tchambers0; 10-05-15 at 09:13 AM.
Old 10-05-15, 08:36 AM
sc430faste
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Tchambers0
OK so long story short. Key fob doesn't work but battery is good (master key), car will start and drive fine though. The power locks don't work, top will not go down, gas door won't open with the button in the cabin (manual release from trunk is ok), trunk won't open unless I use manual release, the electric steering wheel works but not automatically and won't retract to the stored position, auto up/down on windows won't work, pass window control on driver door doesn't work but works on pass door, seat settings won't store, dome light doesn't come on when doors open and doesn't register them as open but puddle lights come on, fuses ok, power mirrors don't work, power seats and everything works individually. I think that covers everything. Any insight or ideas?

Sounds like you blew a fuse or two, check your fuses
Old 10-05-15, 08:38 AM
Tchambers0
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sc430faste
I'll check again, which fuses have to do with that area of electronics? Any idea which panel they may be in?
Old 10-05-15, 08:51 AM
Tchambers0
Driver School Candidate

Double checked all fuses under hood, in the pass side panel, driver panel, and in trunk with a test light. All good.
Old 10-05-15, 10:51 AM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by sc430faste
I had this exact same problem! Right down to the exact description you've posted. At first I attributed it to the LuxLink. Do you have one installed? After that I got under the passenger footwell as I once found some water collected on the fuse box cover. Turns out the grommet on the engine wall was out of place and allowing water into passenger fuse box. Once the car sat in the hot sun and dry out, my problems would disappear.

Please read my posts in this thread.... https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc4...ghtness-3.html

Last edited by ShawnOk; 10-05-15 at 10:55 AM.
Old 10-05-15, 10:57 AM
Tchambers0
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ShawnOk
I had this exact same problem! Right down to the exact description you've posted. At first I attributed it to the LuxLink. Do you have one installed? After that I got under the passenger footwell as I once found some water collected on the fuse box cover. Turns out the grommet on the engine wall was out of place and allowing water into passenger fuse box. Once the car sat in the hot sun and dry out, my problems would disappear.

Please read my posts in this thread.... https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc4...ghtness-3.html
It was a little damp, but all the fuses checked out so I thought that was weird. I'll pull it out and inspect it further. Thanks for the help
Old 10-05-15, 01:12 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Yea, none of my fuses were popped either. Exact same scenario, though. Good luck.
Old 10-05-15, 04:25 PM
Tchambers0
Driver School Candidate

Problem solved. Same issue, just leaking from a different area. Not sure yet. Had the interior pulled from that corner, didn't get a chance to pull the box due to work being busy, but left it all open and on the way home was blasting the heat, decided to hit the lock button and boom everything worked. Thanks so much for the help!!
Old 10-05-15, 05:18 PM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 409 Likes on 359 Posts

Good catch Shawn. Good luck Tchambers with the repairs. Let us know what you wind up doing to rectify the issue.
Old 10-05-15, 05:26 PM
Tchambers0
Driver School Candidate

Going to narrow down where the leak is coming from probably on Thursday or Sunday when I'm off work. As long as that box stays dry everything should be good to go with no future problems. And I meant to say "Not sure where yet" not "Not sure yet". I guess blasting the heat and with the rain finally dying down dried the box up and everything was able to work properly again. I'll take some pictures and post where the leak is coming from and what I do to fix it when all is said and done. This was a crazy issue that had me thrown way off. Big thanks to Shawn, saved me a heck of a headache and quite a bit of money
Old 10-05-15, 06:01 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

No problem. That's exactly why this forum is so awesome. Members helping members, rather than throwing oodles of money at a problem at the dealer for nothing less than perfect results. I would be so lost without the insight and help from all the members of this forum on my builds and projects. Glad I was able to help.
Old 10-05-15, 06:28 PM
JohnnyCake
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

ShawnOk just cost Tchambers0's local Lexus dealer well over a thousand bucks!!

There is no way this is in the manual -- they would have billed for a zillion different fixes, none of which would have worked.
Old 10-06-15, 07:34 AM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 409 Likes on 359 Posts

Shawn, did you ever resolve your moisture problem? If so, what did you do?

Tchambers, looking forward to what you find is at the root of your moisture problem.
Old 10-06-15, 08:08 AM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

It was just a loose grommet near/behind the battery carrier on the firewall (I can bet it became loose after I installed my power line for my Subwoofer system). Once I reseated it, I did put some GorillaTape over it to make sure it wouldn't happen again. Never had a problem since.
Old 10-06-15, 08:16 PM
texsexlex
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by ShawnOk

...lol...yea I remember being out in the parking lot looking for the leak with you

Quick Reply: Possibly a security issue? Computer issue? Need help