SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

cd changer jammed...

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-16, 04:28 PM
Retroplay
Lead Lap

Received 79 Likes on 55 Posts

After fixing two radios with ERROR 3 messages:

Both times, the top 2 plastic trays were jammed up above the slot. I just removed the top cover which is very simple and re-aligned all the trays and made sure the little springs were all there. Extremely simple fix.

If you try it yourself, just don't pull on the metal tray cover because it has several tiny springs attached to it to hold it down. I used toothpicks to hold the springs in place while I re-aligned everything.

I should have taken pictures, but it was so quick and easy, I didn't think about it.

Chances are that if smacking it fixed it, you are probably good as the CD changer will cycle through all the CD positions when it first turns on and aligns everything. If smacking didn't work, then something came off the track or the trays got jammed up at the top.
Old 02-02-16, 01:34 PM
Raelacar
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A BIG THANKS for the info on how to un stick the CD's

Originally Posted by cyberlexus
do the smack method, it works!
Thanks for offering the support I needed to try to do this. I called the dealership and they smartly replied we do not fix them we replace them.

I thought it was a real expense to fix but one hand smack dislodged the CD.

i found this forum by searching and searching...........thanks
Old 02-03-16, 09:52 AM
mandyfig

Received 408 Likes on 359 Posts

Originally Posted by Retroplay
After fixing two radios with ERROR 3 messages:

Both times, the top 2 plastic trays were jammed up above the slot. I just removed the top cover which is very simple and re-aligned all the trays and made sure the little springs were all there. Extremely simple fix.

If you try it yourself, just don't pull on the metal tray cover because it has several tiny springs attached to it to hold it down. I used toothpicks to hold the springs in place while I re-aligned everything.

I should have taken pictures, but it was so quick and easy, I didn't think about it.

Chances are that if smacking it fixed it, you are probably good as the CD changer will cycle through all the CD positions when it first turns on and aligns everything. If smacking didn't work, then something came off the track or the trays got jammed up at the top.
I gave up on my CD player moons ago. Pictures would have been great of your simple repair. Hope that you can find time to re-enact this DIY. As I surely want the option of playing CDs again, when I get tired of playing from the phone. Also the fidelity of the music between the CD and Iphone is very much different. CD is far better. We have been used to the digital music via the net which is very compressed.

So in your leisure hour, please find a time to re-enact the re-alignment of the trays. Thank you in advance. Salamat!
Old 02-03-16, 09:58 AM
Retroplay
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mandyfig
I gave up on my CD player moons ago. Pictures would have been great of your simple repair. Hope that you can find time to re-enact this DIY. As I surely want the option of playing CDs again, when I get tired of playing from the phone. Also the fidelity of the music between the CD and Iphone is very much different. CD is far better. We have been used to the digital music via the net which is very compressed.

So in your leisure hour, please find a time to re-enact the re-alignment of the trays. Thank you in advance. Salamat!
I'm impressed. You know some Tagalog.

I think I can probably do some pictures with the spare radio. Perhaps this weekend.
Old 02-03-16, 02:31 PM
mandyfig

I'm impressed. You know some Tagalog.

I think I can probably do some pictures with the spare radio. Perhaps this weekend.
Oo naman, do you know some Tagalog words?
Old 02-03-16, 02:37 PM
Retroplay
Lead Lap

Oo naman, do you know some Tagalog words?
I am not fluent yet. I understand it much better than I can speak it. Also some Ifugao dialects (a little.)

Are you Filipino or prev stationed over there?
Old 02-03-16, 02:43 PM
Stereorob
Lexus Test Driver

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts

atleast you are not getting the dreaded error 13 like in the Ls400. it means mechanical malfunction, that its never going to work again and you wont get your CDs back till you rip half of the passanger side dash apart
Old 02-04-16, 02:19 PM
mandyfig

I am not fluent yet. I understand it much better than I can speak it. Also some Ifugao dialects (a little.)

Are you Filipino or prev stationed over there?
Tagalog from Manila and migrated.

Do not know any of the dialects, we have about 50 dialects all across the islands. Funny we share some of the words within these dialects with our Asian neighbors.

Good you know Tagalog, you can not be sold...lol.
Old 02-04-16, 08:13 PM
Retroplay
Lead Lap

Tagalog from Manila and migrated.

Do not know any of the dialects, we have about 50 dialects all across the islands. Funny we share some of the words within these dialects with our Asian neighbors.

Good you know Tagalog, you can not be sold...lol.
I still let the fiancee do the dealing when I visit otherwise I get "Kano' prices.
Old 02-05-16, 09:57 AM
mandyfig

I still let the fiancee do the dealing when I visit otherwise I get "Kano' prices.
Got that right! Lol!
Old 08-03-16, 01:22 PM
The10or
Driver School Candidate

Default Fuse locations

Originally Posted by Satch1945
My CD player (Mark Levinson model) was working fine until last night. I tried playing a friend's homemade CD without knowing that a label on it might throw the player out of whack. After that, I couldn't get my regular CD's to load, or after loading, couldn't get them to eject. I tried turning the car off and then back on and that worked ... temporarily. I tried the banging routine, the holding both buttons routine, etc., and nothing worked. Then I tried removing the #19, 25 and 29 fuses (after the car was turned off) and then starting the car without them. I then reinserted them and started the car ... so far everything seems back to normal! I think removing the fuses and starting the car and then replacing them rebooted the whole system. Anyway, I just thought I'd pass the info along. If anything changes, I'll let you know. Good luck!
How do I find the 3 fuses? See 19 on diagrams ,but nothing higher.
Old 08-03-16, 01:23 PM
The10or
Driver School Candidate

For a 2004 es330.
Old 08-03-16, 03:01 PM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 409 Likes on 359 Posts

Since this thread is about a SC430 application, it is possible that your ES330 will have a different set up. You might check your owner's manual since they often have the lists of the various fuses listed near the back. (Check the index for fuses.)
Old 08-04-16, 08:57 AM
The10or
Driver School Candidate

They do have different positions, etc. The last fuse (29) is referenced as TV(5A), but has no similar code for the 2004 es330. TV and navigation system are referenced. Are the RAD1 & 2 the equivilent? The CD changer magazine is in the console and not in the dash. Thanks.
Old 08-06-16, 03:57 PM
The10or
Driver School Candidate

RAD1 reset the magazine andI was able to remove it from the console.

Quick Reply: cd changer jammed...