SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

cd changer jammed...

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-11, 05:50 PM
mandyfig

Received 408 Likes on 359 Posts

Did the banging and banging, nothing. And I can not see a CD on the slot. And where are you supposed to bang on that thing?

I took out the console (as if disbaling the TPMS) and it should be easy to dismantle the CD changer, I could see 2 bolts holding the changer. I was not ready to do the full take out, I just went in for a recon.

I think it can be easily taken out. Once out it will be easy to tear it down and get the jammed CD.
Old 10-14-11, 09:13 PM
jasone36
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

mandyfig, please keep us in the loop on your effort.

If at all possible, please see if you can take some pictures in order to photo document the process. It would certainly be very helpful for individuals like me and others who are looking to perform this teardown.

Thank you in advance, mandyfig!
Old 10-15-11, 05:21 AM
mandyfig

Tried the banging left and right side, my fists are sore! No go.

Time to take it apart.
Old 10-15-11, 08:45 AM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 409 Likes on 359 Posts

IIRC Mandyfig, you have the extended warranty. So if you aren't able to get to the CDs, you can take it to the dealer for them to deal with it. It is covered, or at least was when I had to do that.

(Did you try banging on the top?)
Old 10-15-11, 08:58 AM
VVTiBob

Received 265 Likes on 201 Posts

And if IIRC, most dealers don't deal with it for most part. Instead they just use a HU exchange program. That is, exchanging one head unit for another. So if you go the dealer route, it might be important to ask questions, am I getting a new or a refurbished unit.
Old 10-17-11, 09:40 AM
mandyfig

No more warranty for me. No I did not try banging on the top.

And in my case there is no CD that I can see. And my door is open as if loading or ejecting a CD. Not good Dust magnet.
Old 10-17-11, 01:59 PM
KBALL
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had this issue several months ago. Tried the 'punch and pray' method of banging on the dash but no go.
Then when i was at the toyota dealer having some work done on it i asked them to try getting the cd's out. They also failed...

Then had some work done at a lexus dealer and they miraculously unjammed it and didn't even charge me.
Turns out i put in a cd i made (not store bought) and it was the culprit. Too heavy i think.

So my suggestion would be to take your car to lexus for something else (oil change, etc) and say...oh by the way...
Good Luck
Old 10-17-11, 02:45 PM
scdroptop

Received 47 Likes on 22 Posts

I wish I remember what my service tech did to get mine out one time...I had the same problem. It wasn't banging it, he actualy reset or unplugged or something. I was more concerned with the scratches they put on my car than the method of retrieving the stupid CD-RW I used for my music.

Mandy-was it CD-RW's or CD-R's?

Have you tried to blow some compressed air in there? That might have been it, actually!!! Sewell Lexus unjammed mine. Only for my blockhead to do it again with more blank cd's.

Sorry you have not had a great start of your fall for your SC, Mandy! Don't you have the Vaistech?
Old 10-18-11, 01:30 PM
mandyfig

No Vaistech for me.

I do have 3 CD-R's and 3 Originals. I ejected 1 CD-R and error 3 showed.

It was this stupid thing I did, in the TIPS-TRICKS thread, I read that If you push the Eject button continuously, all CD's will be ejected. NOT! It ejected 1 and froze, error 3. If I push load...it says "full."
Old 10-19-11, 09:08 PM
elvis1955
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good golly,molly ! i had this exact problem last night; tried the palm-slapping method to correct an "ERROR 3" stuck CD mess....worked like a charm..6 cds popped right out.

i held the eject button while using my right palm to firmly smack the right leather post that holds the cd player...sat in stunned amazement as this low-tech solution flawlessly solved the prob.

this is a fabulous board. thanks to all for the suggestions. also, thanks to scdroptop for being a great story teller. you write wonderful prose,my man.

floyd/03 millenium silver
Old 10-20-11, 07:34 AM
mandyfig

Originally Posted by elvis1955
good golly,molly ! i had this exact problem last night; tried the palm-slapping method to correct an "ERROR 3" stuck CD mess....worked like a charm..6 cds popped right out.

i held the eject button while using my right palm to firmly smack the right leather post that holds the cd player...sat in stunned amazement as this low-tech solution flawlessly solved the prob.

this is a fabulous board. thanks to all for the suggestions. also, thanks to scdroptop for being a great story teller. you write wonderful prose,my man.

floyd/03 millenium silver
I am feeling lucky will try again tonite! Wish me luck!
Old 10-24-11, 10:09 PM
elvis1955
Driver School Candidate

ripley's believe it or not:
it happened again tonight...cd track 4 error code 3. had to whack it 2-3 times then wallah...6 disc started to eject.

i hope i dont have a track 4 ongoing sticky prob.
Old 10-25-11, 05:39 AM
mandyfig

Originally Posted by elvis1955
ripley's believe it or not:
it happened again tonight...cd track 4 error code 3. had to whack it 2-3 times then wallah...6 disc started to eject.

i hope i dont have a track 4 ongoing sticky prob.
When you did this, were you pushing the EJ button? Can not make mine to spit out the CD's. And it says DISC FULL.
Old 10-26-11, 07:59 PM
elvis1955
Driver School Candidate

yes...hold eject button down w/left hand...smack the post exactly to right of cd player with open palm. if doesnt start ejecting in 5 seconds...repeat procedure but hit temp gauge screen right above cd buttons.

good luck. i'm in stunned amazement but it has worked twice for me in last week or 2.
Old 10-26-11, 08:00 PM
elvis1955
Driver School Candidate

the eject button is the power button on the top left. keep depressed the whole time with your left hand.

Quick Reply: cd changer jammed...