SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

cd changer jammed...

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-11, 09:08 AM
mandyfig

Received 408 Likes on 359 Posts

I kid you not guys, I have a sore palm and fist. I have been banging on the console a lot.

One thing though, I push the EJ button, it says ejecting, nothing happens and then it quits.

Reverses to radio. I do it again, same thing happens. Of course within 3 seconds of the pushed EJ button it says error 3.
Old 10-27-11, 09:08 AM
mandyfig

I might as well tear it down. I think the radio/CD player is easy to get into.
Old 10-27-11, 09:13 AM
prospertx
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's happened to me a couple time over the years, usually when the player is very hot from long use (audio books non stop on a road trip generally speaking).
What I did: Get a THIN metal nail file with a pointy end on it...VERRRYYY gently slide it into the player and try to barely touch the underside of the CD. You are not trying to DIG the CD out, just nudge it a tad. Works every time with (so far) no damage to the CD or player.
Old 10-27-11, 09:16 AM
prospertx
Driver School Candidate

But to be safe you may check with the dealer...maybe they have a jimmy device for that sort of thing. I've always been out of town when it happens and want it fixed NOW.
Once I just went into the hotel for the night and it fixed itself/operated just fine the next day after it cooled down overnight.
Old 10-27-11, 09:20 AM
prospertx
Driver School Candidate

I don't suggest banging on it. If you don't have a nail file (about a buck at any drugstore), try something along the lines of a long tooth pick. A gentle nudge to the CD does the trick!
Old 10-27-11, 09:47 AM
mandyfig

Originally Posted by prospertx
That's happened to me a couple time over the years, usually when the player is very hot from long use (audio books non stop on a road trip generally speaking).
What I did: Get a THIN metal nail file with a pointy end on it...VERRRYYY gently slide it into the player and try to barely touch the underside of the CD. You are not trying to DIG the CD out, just nudge it a tad. Works every time with (so far) no damage to the CD or player.
I do not have a hanging CD that I can see. Nothing to pick on.

My CD gate is open as if ejecting or loading. Been open since I got the error 3. Could not close it.

I will try to take off the battery today to re-set everything and see if it does anything. I needed to install my battery savers anyway.

I have done the Steps to take off the Radio and will post a DIY. So maybe some folks will try to take the Radio off and check it out. Not hard to do at all.
Old 12-05-11, 11:00 AM
tips2u2
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up Bang worked...

I am so thankful for the banging tip.... It worked for me also.
Thanks a bunch Fred!
Old 12-23-11, 03:51 PM
Quipper
Driver

Wink

Originally Posted by KBALL
So my suggestion would be to take your car to lexus for something else (oil change, etc) and say...oh by the way...
YES. This works wonders sometimes!
Old 04-15-12, 12:59 PM
timsch
Driver School Candidate

Yes the banging with your hand method worked a treat.

It has to be a decent thump right on top of where the CDs go in.

Regards
Old 04-15-12, 07:31 PM
mandyfig

Good to hear that this works for some people does not work for me so far.
Old 06-19-12, 04:26 PM
rayorfay
Driver School Candidate

I tried a little banging but not holding the eject button down. Will try that tonight...plus the toothpick trick. Will let you know. That said, whenever I have problems, they are never simple.
Old 06-19-12, 05:08 PM
sebtown
Driver

We call "impact Tuning", works pretty well most of the time.
Old 06-19-12, 05:12 PM
mandyfig

Good luck to you guys. Not been that lucky for me. Going the Vaistech route.
Old 06-21-12, 05:14 PM
rayorfay
Driver School Candidate

Nope....banging not the answer for me.....I found a guy who will take it out and reinstall it for $35 . That's a good start. If no go after this, I might look at a multi thingy.
Old 06-23-12, 04:08 PM
antigeek
Pole Position

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I've had a CD stuck in my player for a couple of months, and while the bang trick had worked before, not this time.

I took my unit out last weekend (was easy, especially since I had previously installed the VaisTech SLU).
8 bolts to remove the door mechanism, and 2 small screws on top and 2 on the side to remove the top cover, and there was the CD. Unfortunately, you can't back it out inside the unit.

So I plugged it back in with the top of the player open. It goes through a reset routine, then I hit eject and gently nudged the CD until it came out. Not bad.

Now I have two new problems: the display on the player is blank, but all audio functions work just fine.
Also, the player door will open, but it won't close. I can pull it down by hand after turning the car off for a few seconds. Any thoughts?
(DISCLAIMER: I haven't done my searches yet. Thought I'd share my positive experience with getting my CD back, and subsequently do some fishing.)

Quick Reply: cd changer jammed...