SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

cd changer jammed...

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-16, 05:58 PM
GmanSC
Pole Position

Received 542 Likes on 412 Posts

I'm going down to the garage now and eject all CDs out and just leave one in after reading your guys' threads. I don't like 6 disk changer, it's nothing but problem.
It happened to my LS400 few years ago and I ended up destroyed the changer when tried to disassemble it to remove the jammed CDs inside. Thanks guys for the info.
Old 08-08-16, 10:27 PM
texsexlex
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 96 Posts

...mine hung up on me yesterday, but that good "whack" to the side of the dash, popped them right out
Old 08-09-16, 10:48 AM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 409 Likes on 359 Posts

I wish that whack would work on mine!
Old 12-29-16, 11:52 AM
carls330
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up I can't believe this actually worked.

Originally Posted by Freds430
This idea has worked for others on this and an Acura forum. Hold down the eject button and give the dash right above it a good hard smack. Good Luck!!!
Smacking the dash (or stereo) seems to close the cd slot door, which then allows all the cd's to be ejected. Thanks Freds430!
Old 12-31-16, 01:53 AM
Retroplay
Lead Lap

Received 79 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Harold57
I wish that whack would work on mine!
If you are brave enough to take the radio apart, it is a really easy fix.

This video is for a Ford Thunderbird radio, but the mechanism itself looks identical and the repair steps are exactly what I did to fix the two radios I have. Just be very careful of those little springs.

On both of mine, the top tray went up too far and got jammed. Obviously, the disc won't eject if it isn't lined up with the door. I suspect the springs have lost some tension. On one of them, I noticed the door also didn't seem to to like to open all the way. I forget exactly what I did to fix that, but it is just a little metal lever that pushes the hinge on the door. I think I just greased it again, but it has been a long time since I did that repair.

Last edited by Retroplay; 12-31-16 at 01:56 AM.
Old 04-16-18, 07:53 PM
Roho
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bought my sc about 3 yeras ago with the cds already stuck inside. Just did the side smacking a few times and one by one the cds ejected. They were homemade cds, cdr's or whatever. Now i have a clear stack, not that i use cds but atleast theyre out, then i listened to them in the house=funny to listen to someone elses taste of music, they werent even known tunes, so I threw them away.
If anyone knows the group "Weather Report"(name hand written with a marker on the cds) well I threw away two of those and two blank cds.
Old 08-21-18, 05:28 AM
maarp
Pole Position

Received 61 Likes on 45 Posts

I just performed the "percussive maintenance" on my jammed CD player - worked much as everyone said. And like many others reported, it was burned CD's that jammed it up for some reason.

Anyway, I am always pleased and amazed with the wealth of information available on this forum.
Old 10-17-18, 08:54 AM
rosablanca
Driver School Candidate

Default Please help! My 6 cd changer is jammed

My 6 cd (oem) changer is jammed. None of the cds are visible. I tried removing the fuse (31) on my 2004 LS 430 for 5 minutes before restarting my car. The ERROR light no longer comes on but now there is no light at the right side of the cd changer that comes on and the cds are still stuck inside. I’ve tried holding down the eject button for 30 seconds multiple times, but nothing happens. I called Lexus and they want $1000 (plus tax) to take it out and send it to get it fixed then put it back in my car. I’d have to get a job to pay for that!!! Please help me, I’m desperate now.
Old 10-17-18, 09:20 AM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Received 854 Likes on 687 Posts

Originally Posted by rosablanca
My 6 cd (oem) changer is jammed. None of the cds are visible. I tried removing the fuse (31) on my 2004 LS 430 for 5 minutes before restarting my car. The ERROR light no longer comes on but now there is no light at the right side of the cd changer that comes on and the cds are still stuck inside. I’ve tried holding down the eject button for 30 seconds multiple times, but nothing happens. I called Lexus and they want $1000 (plus tax) to take it out and send it to get it fixed then put it back in my car. I’d have to get a job to pay for that!!! Please help me, I’m desperate now.

as crazy as it sounds, I have read on here that a good smack on the side of the dash, near the radio may get it going again.

are you able to pull the radio?
its not very difficult.
if you can, pull it and take it apart.

if you cannot do that then I am not sure what else to tell you...eBay has used units.

let us know how else we can help.

BTW, this is the SC430 section, the SC is a two door and the radios are different.

Last edited by Bgw70; 10-17-18 at 09:26 AM.
The following users liked this post:
rosablanca (12-06-18)
Old 10-17-18, 09:38 AM
GmanSC
Pole Position

Received 542 Likes on 412 Posts

As BGW said, a good “smack” to the side of the changer may free it. All you have to do is remove the changer. You might want to search YouTube for the instructions how to remove the changer on your LS. Good luck.

Last edited by GmanSC; 10-17-18 at 10:33 AM.
rosablanca (12-06-18)
Old 10-17-18, 09:55 AM
Roho
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

SMACK the side, it work for me, six cds came out, stack us free-empty of cds now.
Good luck blanca.
rosablanca (12-06-18)
Old 10-27-18, 10:44 AM
sfolexus
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Freds430
This idea has worked for others on this and an Acura forum. Hold down the eject button and give the dash right above it a good hard smack. Good Luck!!!
The CDs got stuck with a spinning sound in my ES and so I looked this up. Thought this solution was ridiculous but it worked! Thank you!!!!
Old 11-25-18, 05:59 PM
rosablanca
Driver School Candidate

I have tried the smack method and that didn't help. I ended up having a mechanic fix it for $250. Thanks to all, I appreciated your help.

Last edited by rosablanca; 12-06-18 at 06:39 PM.
Old 11-25-18, 07:17 PM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 409 Likes on 359 Posts

Glad to see that you got it fixed. Did the mechanic say what the problem was?
rosablanca (12-06-18)
Old 12-06-18, 06:30 PM
rosablanca
Driver School Candidate

Default CD Changer Jammed...

Originally Posted by Harold57
Glad to see that you got it fixed. Did the mechanic say what the problem was?
Sorry for the delay in responding, I was physically stuck in the transit area in Jeddah, Saudia Arabia, like Tom Hanks in The Terminal.
No idea how it was really fixed... The new shop owner isn't talking about what his employee did, other than sending the CD changer out, . He acts like there were only 2 CD's in there, (showed me 2) in other words he's not returning my other 5 original CD's. Maybe he liked them. The mileage/gas looks like the owner was joyriding in my car for a month. I'm going to be searching for an honest repair shop who is a good communicator, any ideas in San Diego, CA?

Detect languageAfrikaansAlbanianAmharicArabicArmenianAzerbaijaniBasqueBelarusianBengaliBosnianBulgarianCatalanCebuanoChichewaChinese (Simplified)Chinese (Traditional)CorsicanCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEsperantoEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchFrisianGalicianGeorgianGermanGreekGujaratiHaitian CreoleHausaHawaiianHebrewHindiHmongHungarianIcelandicIgboIndonesianIri****alianJapaneseJavaneseKannadaKazakhKhmerKoreanKurdishKyrgyzLaoLatinLatvianLithuanianLuxembourgishMacedonianMalagasyMalayMalayalamMalteseMaoriMarathiMongolianMyanmar (Burmese)NepaliNorwegianPashtoPersianPolishPortuguesePunjabiRomanianRussianSamoanScots GaelicSerbianSesothoShonaSindhiSinhalaSlovakSlovenianSomaliSpanishSundaneseSwahiliSwedishTajikTamilTeluguThaiTurkishUkrainianUrduUzbekVietnameseWelshXhosaYiddishYorubaZuluAfrikaansAlbanianAmharicArabicArmenianAzerbaijaniBasqueBelarusianBengaliBosnianBulgarianCatalanCebuanoChichewaChinese (Simplified)Chinese (Traditional)CorsicanCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEsperantoEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchFrisianGalicianGeorgianGermanGreekGujaratiHaitian CreoleHausaHawaiianHebrewHindiHmongHungarianIcelandicIgboIndonesianIri****alianJapaneseJavaneseKannadaKazakhKhmerKoreanKurdishKyrgyzLaoLatinLatvianLithuanianLuxembourgishMacedonianMalagasyMalayMalayalamMalteseMaoriMarathiMongolianMyanmar (Burmese)NepaliNorwegianPashtoPersianPolishPortuguesePunjabiRomanianRussianSamoanScots GaelicSerbianSesothoShonaSindhiSinhalaSlovakSlovenianSomaliSpanishSundaneseSwahiliSwedishTajikTamilTeluguThaiTurkishUkrainianUrduUzbekVietnameseWelshXhosaYiddishYorubaZuluText-to-speech function is limited to 200 charactersOptions : History : Feedback : DonateClose

Quick Reply: cd changer jammed...