RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models
Old 01-06-15, 03:07 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Tires and Wheels Guide
Print Wikipost

The 3rd gen RX Tire Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-13, 07:35 AM
ecr72
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RXinNJ
Quote:

Originally Posted by ecr72

Go with the Michelins and don't waste your time with other brands.
Posted from ClubLexus.com App for Android

Not trying to be argumentative but I strongly disagree with this. I had Michelins from the factory on my old Mazda6; I think they were Pilot HX MXM4's. Great dry traction but wet traction was downright scary.
As I posted in the other tire thread, you shouldn't compare tires (or mfgs) across different cars. Wht works on one may be terrible on another. My comment about going with the Michelins was in regard to the RX only and is based on our limited experience and all the reviews of other tires from RX drivers in the threads around here.

I too had some bad Michelins. They were OEM on my Jetta Wagon.

Posted from ClubLexus.com App for Android
Old 03-05-13, 08:36 AM
RXinNJ
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My apologies ecr, didn't see your other post. We're on the same page.
Old 03-05-13, 08:14 PM
ecr72
Driver

No worries. I see how I wasn't very clear.

After buying our CPO I read the tire thread and was pleased to see we had the Michelins. I can't imagine putting anything else on unless Michelin changes the design and reviews tank (seen that before) or someone comes out with something that just blows everyone away.
Old 03-05-13, 09:42 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by UCSB
Thanks for the explanation. Just to clarify, you are putting the Latitude Tour HP tire on and not the Latitude Tour, right?
No problem, that's why Kitlz (Anita) started this thread. Yes I put on Michelin Latitude Tour HP

P235/55R19 101V LEX. That's what it says on the Discount Tire website. Heres the link to the tires. http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/fin...16072&sw=false
The following users liked this post:
glerobi (09-27-18)
Old 03-05-13, 09:52 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kitlz
Sevn, at this rate you'll be able to provide a review on all the tires out there, LOL! The Pirellis are supposed to increase mileage but I've experienced a slight decrease like you. It's negligible, I like everything else about the tire so I stuck with them. Good luck switching back to the Michelins.
Lmao I know, right? Ya i noticed the decrease and it took me by surprise cuz on the tire it says helps improve fuel economy. I switched to the michelins this afternoon and its like im glad to be back home from that crazy vacation i was on for a week. lol
Old 03-06-13, 07:33 PM
billy44bo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank everyone I ordered a set of Michelin Latitude Tour HP 19" for my RX450h today. I have less than 30k on the car but I can not take the noise from the Dunlop Grandtrek Touring that came with the car and will change them out next Friday .
Old 03-06-13, 08:06 PM
UCSB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by billy44bo
Thank everyone I ordered a set of Michelin Latitude Tour HP 19" for my RX450h today. I have less than 30k on the car but I can not take the noise from the Dunlop Grandtrek Touring that came with the car and will change them out next Friday .
As another owner of the Dunlops, which I feel are letting both the car and me down, I would be very interested in your thoughts after you complete this swap. Especially in the areas of ride comfort, ability to deal with road imperfections and noise on various road surfaces.

With a treadwear rating of only 280, I would expect the Dunlops to be bad before 30k miles. How long have the Dunlop's been a problem for you? The issues I have with the tires have been bothering me from the beginning.

Last edited by UCSB; 03-07-13 at 01:20 AM.
The following users liked this post:
glerobi (09-27-18)
Old 03-06-13, 09:44 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Great choice! You will love them!
Old 03-07-13, 10:06 AM
Plum
Rookie

I've been researching tires for our 2010 RX and have been leaning toward the Michelin Latitude Tour HP.
But, I recently came across the Conntinental Cross Contact LX Sport that looks pretty good and ranks higher than the Michelin. Has anyone here used these tires and if so your thoughts?
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....0&autoModel=RX 350&autoModClar=AWD
Old 03-09-13, 10:44 PM
EMSLEXUSRX
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Does anyone know the difference between the Michelin Latitude HP tire vs. just the Michelin Latitude?
six months ago, I purchased two new Michelin Latitude tires due to one of my OEM Dunlops having a nail embedded too close to the sidewall. I had tire and wheel insurance, so I only paid for one tire.

It is now coming time to replace the remaining two Dunlop tires, as they're getting noisy, especially with the "burble, burble" noise that's getting on my nerves. I'll have to look at the Michelins that I have on the front of the car, but I'm not sure if it will say "HP" on it.
Old 03-10-13, 01:59 AM
GoGiantsNJ
Pole Position

I had the Dealer swap out the Dunlops to the Michelins when I first bought my RX new last year. The salesman kept insisting that there was no difference between the tires. Then I pointed out the higher treadwear rating on the Michelins sidewall. He was astonished. I was happy they swapped the tires free of charge.

I just bought my Wife a new 2012 IS-250-AWD.I tried to swap the dunlops for Michelins on another of their cars. They wanted to charge me$253.00 I,pf course declined. I got such a great deal on the car,and on my trade that I didn't push it.
I do love the Michelins 19" on my 2012 RX-350-AWD.
Old 03-11-13, 10:01 PM
EMSLEXUSRX
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I called two places to get some quotes out the door for two Michelin Latitude Touring HP tires, as that's what I have on the newer Michelins that are on my car. One of the places that I called has an offer for all the ladies on Thursdays, where you get %10 off, plus another %5 if you pay in cash. So for two new Michelin Latitude Touring HP V-rated tires, it's gonna cost me $565 out the door, includes everything. I think this sounds like a pretty good deal. By the way, I have just a little over 36k mileage on the RX.
Old 03-12-13, 09:20 AM
billy44bo
Lexus Test Driver

That is a good deal I am looking at ($1280 - 70 rebate) $ 1210 for a set of four out the door this Friday.
Old 03-25-13, 04:44 PM
UCSB
Lexus Test Driver

That is a good deal I am looking at ($1280 - 70 rebate) $ 1210 for a set of four out the door this Friday.
Any thoughts on the new Michelins vs. the prior Dunlops? I'm interested in any changes in ride comfort or noise; as these are areas I feel the Dunlops are a disappointment ... especially when hitting anything like expansion joints on the freeway.
Old 03-25-13, 04:47 PM
UCSB
Lexus Test Driver

This is an important thread ... perhaps it should become a sticky.

Quick Reply: The 3rd gen RX Tire Thread