RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Steering Amount Reader on gForce Meter

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-17, 03:32 PM
reyrey127
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Steering Amount Reader on gForce Meter

Recently had an alignment performed because the steering wheel was cockeyed to the right. But now the steering amount reader in the gforce meter is off because when the steering wheel was straightened, now the reader indicates left turns quicker vs right turns of the steering wheel. Is there a way to reset the steering amount or even zero it after the alignment?

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-29-17, 06:01 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,848 Likes on 2,333 Posts

You need Techstream to do this.
Old 12-31-17, 08:00 PM
reyrey127
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
You need Techstream to do this.
Which option or category in Techstream is it located because The dealership could not locate it.Thanks.Rey
Old 01-01-18, 07:21 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

What???!!! Lexus DEALERSHIP CAN NOT figure this out???!!! Ask them to call Lexus dealer support!!!

Originally Posted by reyrey127
Which option or category in Techstream is it located because The dealership could not locate it.Thanks.Rey
Old 01-01-18, 09:27 PM
Suburbazin
Driver

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

I'm surprised they've never recalibrated a steering angle sensor before.
Old 01-01-18, 11:29 PM
reyrey127
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by lexusrus
What???!!! Lexus DEALERSHIP CAN NOT figure this out???!!! Ask them to call Lexus dealer support!!!
They said they would try calling Lexus technical support after the new year so i guess i will wait. I was hoping someone knew soni could just tell them. Thanks.
Old 01-02-18, 04:47 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Hummm, that Lexus dealership just DID NOT provide EXCELLENT SERVICE!! Someone at the Lexus HQ dealer support must be on call. And if one of the Lexus dealership called and no one knows the answer I am fairly certain there's SOMEONE "on call" to get hold of "someone" who knows the answer (even if Lexus HQ needed to call someone in Japan!!)

They said they would try calling Lexus technical support after the new year so i guess i will wait. I was hoping someone knew soni could just tell them. Thanks.
Old 01-02-18, 10:32 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

The procedure is called: ROTATION ANGLE SENSOR INITIALIZATION AND TORQUE SENSOR ZERO POINT CALIBRATION

It's in TIS. If they can't figure this out, are you sure you want them working on your car? It took me 2 minutes to find this in TIS.

There is also a way to do this with a shorting wire in the DLC connector, but it's WAY easier with Techstream.
Old 01-03-18, 07:26 AM
reyrey127
Pit Crew

The procedure is called: ROTATION ANGLE SENSOR INITIALIZATION AND TORQUE SENSOR ZERO POINT CALIBRATION

It's in TIS. If they can't figure this out, are you sure you want them working on your car? It took me 2 minutes to find this in TIS.

There is also a way to do this with a shorting wire in the DLC connector, but it's WAY easier with Techstream.
Nice. Thank you Lobuxracer! I don’t know anymore now that you said what you mentioned. I will let my service guy know what you mentioned. I had a feeling it couldn’t be that difficult but literally he showed me the menus and not sure what it was under. He recalibrated my torque vectoring ot torque something hoping to fix the issue but it didn’t. Not sure if that is the same thing you are mentioning. During that procedure, the steering wheel was turning on its own when he did the calibration but after that procedure the gforce meter didn’t zero out the steering amount still.
Old 01-03-18, 07:29 AM
reyrey127
Pit Crew

Hummm, that Lexus dealership just DID NOT provide EXCELLENT SERVICE!! Someone at the Lexus HQ dealer support must be on call. And if one of the Lexus dealership called and no one knows the answer I am fairly certain there's SOMEONE "on call" to get hold of "someone" who knows the answer (even if Lexus HQ needed to call someone in Japan!!)
Which dealership do you go to in California for service that has provided you Great service? Any recommendation? I am in SoCal.
Old 01-03-18, 07:46 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

I'm a long time Longo Lexus customer since 2000.

Which one did you go to?

Which dealership do you go to in California for service that has provided you Great service? Any recommendation? I am in SoCal.
Old 01-03-18, 04:24 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Nice. Thank you Lobuxracer! I don’t know anymore now that you said what you mentioned. I will let my service guy know what you mentioned. I had a feeling it couldn’t be that difficult but literally he showed me the menus and not sure what it was under. He recalibrated my torque vectoring ot torque something hoping to fix the issue but it didn’t. Not sure if that is the same thing you are mentioning. During that procedure, the steering wheel was turning on its own when he did the calibration but after that procedure the gforce meter didn’t zero out the steering amount still.
That's the torque sensor calibration. The rotation angle sensor is the one causing your issue.
Old 01-04-18, 12:12 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

BTW, when I had my new all seasons tires put on at a Firestone store last November, I had them do an alignment too. All ok. No problems with the g force sensor.

Old 01-04-18, 12:19 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

BTW, when I had my new all seasons tires put on at a Firestone store last November, I had them do an alignment too. All ok. No problems with the g force sensor.
Lexus FSM requires zero point calibration after any alignment. If it works out for you, fine, but if there are issues, that's the first thing to check and reset.
Old 01-04-18, 12:58 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Cars these days are getting more complicated.....

Lexus FSM requires zero point calibration after any alignment. If it works out for you, fine, but if there are issues, that's the first thing to check and reset.

Quick Reply: Steering Amount Reader on gForce Meter