Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t tune

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-19, 08:12 PM
chezgk
Intermediate

Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by OrangeVirus Tuning
Hello,

We have an update that we are working on for the NX200T that we want everyone to be aware of. One person with the tune pointed it out. The mode settings for the NX200T (eco,normal,sport) are setup differently than the IS200T, in this case the tune will make the modes backwards (eco = fastest). For the NX200 ECUs we will have an updated version that corrects this.
Hooray it wasn't the shrooms I was taking while driving can't wait to get this sorted out!

You can also send me a "draft" tune with the 3 modes extremely different from each other, just so you're sure you got them in the right order. My experience was Sport > Eco > Normal, not Sport > Normal > Eco. The draft tune would be perfect to really trace which is which.

Last edited by chezgk; 08-17-19 at 08:16 PM.
Old 08-18-19, 05:16 PM
Ricoo
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Sheddy
Said goodbye to the IS200T this past weekend.
I’ll still visit the thread to see the progress!
Said goodbye to mine yesterday :0

for this beast
The following 2 users liked this post by Ricoo:
Sheddy (08-26-19), snead (08-19-19)
Old 08-20-19, 07:26 AM
OrangeVirus Tuning
Driver

Received 198 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by chezgk
Hooray it wasn't the shrooms I was taking while driving can't wait to get this sorted out!

You can also send me a "draft" tune with the 3 modes extremely different from each other, just so you're sure you got them in the right order. My experience was Sport > Eco > Normal, not Sport > Normal > Eco. The draft tune would be perfect to really trace which is which.
It was definitely a confusing situation but I think we have it now.
I've got our dealer Rafael helping with this as well.

We are sending out updated tune files for all NX based ECUs right now.

Also we have a load control update that should smooth out shifting, (up and down) on all version cars. We expect to have that available asap

Last edited by OrangeVirus Tuning; 08-20-19 at 09:55 AM.
Old 08-20-19, 06:26 PM
chezgk
Intermediate

It was definitely a confusing situation but I think we have it now.
I've got our dealer Rafael helping with this as well.

We are sending out updated tune files for all NX based ECUs right now.

Also we have a load control update that should smooth out shifting, (up and down) on all version cars. We expect to have that available asap
That's great. I'm most likely within 15 Km of Rafael, so if you guys need dyno stuff, I can make my NX available by schedule.
Old 08-23-19, 04:46 AM
OrangeVirus Tuning
Driver

Originally Posted by chezgk
That's great. I'm most likely within 15 Km of Rafael, so if you guys need dyno stuff, I can make my NX available by schedule.
If you don't mind, that would be excellent, we would love to get the car on the dyno
Old 08-23-19, 09:53 PM
chezgk
Intermediate

If you don't mind, that would be excellent, we would love to get the car on the dyno
I'll wait for the update to 78132 1.01G-C 002, then feel free to pass my e-mail address to Rafael. Thanks!
Old 08-25-19, 06:31 AM
zhifan1
Advanced

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

anyone can comment on the turbo lag / throttle response issue after the tune? Thanks... thinking of improving the turbo lag, not looking or expecting better 0-60 times, but just wanna be able to overtake on the highway without the dreaded lag, which sometimes can prove dangerous.
Old 08-25-19, 07:43 AM
WhyHateTho
Pit Crew

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by zhifan1
anyone can comment on the turbo lag / throttle response issue after the tune? Thanks... thinking of improving the turbo lag, not looking or expecting better 0-60 times, but just wanna be able to overtake on the highway without the dreaded lag, which sometimes can prove dangerous.
(OV Tune) Lag reduced, throttle response greatly approved, my wife noticed a difference and she's still trying to adapt. Not sure if it'll improve you trying to over take other drivers..
The following users liked this post:
zhifan1 (08-25-19)
Old 08-25-19, 11:35 AM
Thirst16
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by WhyHateTho
(OV Tune) Lag reduced, throttle response greatly approved, my wife noticed a difference and she's still trying to adapt. Not sure if it'll improve you trying to over take other drivers..
So throttle response is greatly improved, however, minimal power improvements?

Based off of the dyno results, it showed around 100ft lbs of torque gained and +40 hp. Should be quite noticable to the driver and when it comes to over taking. Are you running lower boost?
Old 08-25-19, 01:24 PM
WhyHateTho
Pit Crew

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Thirst16

Based off of the dyno results, it showed around 100ft lbs of torque gained and +40 hp. Should be quite noticable to the driver and when it comes to over taking. Are you running lower boost?
Results may vary and I've never Dyno'd. Besides tune and turbo muffler delete I have no other mods. Downpipe should help with power.
Old 08-26-19, 12:34 PM
Miintt
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

Im running the standard flash with a downpipe and the throttle response is greatly improved even though its not the custom tune that gives the full 40 hp and 100 torque. The car does feel like it has more power on the first drive of the day but it does get heatsoaked extremely quickly so the power starts diminishing
Old 08-26-19, 01:02 PM
Thirst16
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Miintt
Im running the standard flash with a downpipe and the throttle response is greatly improved even though its not the custom tune that gives the full 40 hp and 100 torque. The car does feel like it has more power on the first drive of the day but it does get heatsoaked extremely quickly so the power starts diminishing
Yikes. Do you know what is causing the heat soak?
Old 08-26-19, 04:38 PM
Miintt
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

Yikes. Do you know what is causing the heat soak?
I’m not too sure but I think its a bunch of things that contribute to it. Since the tune is increasing boost I think that adds to the heat in the engine bay. I’m running the injen intake which uses a metal pipe instead of the stock plastic so that can heat up quicker. I also had to remove the stock downpipe heat shield because of the aftermarket dp so that probably makes the problem worse too.

If anyone has any other ideas or can correct me please feel free to chime in - I’d like to know for sure too lol
The following users liked this post:
zhifan1 (08-26-19)
Old 08-26-19, 06:06 PM
DiverseIS
Driver

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Miintt
I’m not too sure but I think its a bunch of things that contribute to it. Since the tune is increasing boost I think that adds to the heat in the engine bay. I’m running the injen intake which uses a metal pipe instead of the stock plastic so that can heat up quicker. I also had to remove the stock downpipe heat shield because of the aftermarket dp so that probably makes the problem worse too.

If anyone has any other ideas or can correct me please feel free to chime in - I’d like to know for sure too lol
You could get a small turbo blanket. They work great! Also the PPE downpipe has mounts for the heat shield I believe.

I know another member hooked up the Toyota Prius coolant pump for the batteries to supply continuous recirculation to the heat exchanger. He put it on a switch to turn it on when running hard. I want to see how the coolant lines are ran for the heat exchanger to upgrade it.
Old 08-29-19, 04:42 PM
OrangeVirus Tuning
Driver

We will be pushing out several updates to folks this weekend! Lots of things cleaned up and new transmission tune.

Also, we will be publishing our DIY Tuning solution for folks looking to tune their own vehicles tomorrow on our site Thanks. It allows for flashing, logging, and tuning the ECU yourself, along with a base tune from us
The following 2 users liked this post by OrangeVirus Tuning:
808NXF (08-29-19), SWXF (08-29-19)

Quick Reply: IS200t tune