Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t tune

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-19, 07:06 AM
ModTrav
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ex00
Before I take the plunge and get the OV Tune. Are the tunes available for all Stages OV listed in their post. I think it went up to Stage 3/4 depending what mods you have on the car. Also will I be able to reflash it back to factory tune when I take it to the dealership?
Yea they kinda just revamped the mod to the next stage as far as this new mod goes! The biggest and best performance mods to get out of our vehicle is Downpipe, FBO exhaust, tune, and intake. These are the practical ingredients to safely run this tune to reap maximum power efficiency. As far as flashing the tune, as long as you backup your original ECU files onto your computer, you have the option to revert them back to factory but as far as the dealership goes, they can do a readout as to find how many times the ECU has been flashed. So there really is no hiding it.
The following users liked this post:
ex00 (03-24-19)
Old 03-24-19, 12:43 PM
ex00
Intermediate

Received 62 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by ModTrav

Yea they kinda just revamped the mod to the next stage as far as this new mod goes! The biggest and best performance mods to get out of our vehicle is Downpipe, FBO exhaust, tune, and intake. These are the practical ingredients to safely run this tune to reap maximum power efficiency. As far as flashing the tune, as long as you backup your original ECU files onto your computer, you have the option to revert them back to factory but as far as the dealership goes, they can do a readout as to find how many times the ECU has been flashed. So there really is no hiding it.
Thanks man! Looking for a downpipe right now, decided PPE catted. I know after reading everything about the PPE catted version that it doesn't throw CEL but any chance it can throw a CEL using the OV Tune?
Old 03-24-19, 02:28 PM
OrangeVirus Tuning
Driver

Received 198 Likes on 69 Posts

Thanks everyone!

We are working now on preparing all the files and ECU IDs for support which what has been sent to us so far.
Note please don't forget that option "read" and send us the dumped file.

TCU settings are within that single readout, and both engine and transmission are tuned and will be sent in a single file as well.

Originally Posted by 1stwrldprb
so we follow the toyota tacoma instructions? Alright

​​​​​​​Those are not tacoma specific anymore, more of "toyota - other".. just needs updated.

Last edited by OrangeVirus Tuning; 03-24-19 at 02:32 PM.
chezgk (03-24-19)
Old 03-24-19, 03:08 PM
ex00
Intermediate

Received 62 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by OrangeVirus Tuning
Thanks everyone!

We are working now on preparing all the files and ECU IDs for support which what has been sent to us so far.

TCU settings are within that single readout, and both engine and transmission are tuned and will be sent in a single file as well.

Those are not tacoma specific anymore, more of "toyota - other".. just needs updated.

​​​​​​​Any possibilities on a handheld tuner unit?
Old 03-24-19, 03:15 PM
ModTrav
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ex00
Thanks man! Looking for a downpipe right now, decided PPE catted. I know after reading everything about the PPE catted version that it doesn't throw CEL but any chance it can throw a CEL using the OV Tune?
You should be fine! I have a decatted Downpipe from PPE with no CEL and Mforce ECU Tune at the moment but will be switching to OV
Old 03-24-19, 03:37 PM
chezgk
Intermediate

Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts

Thanks everyone!

​​​
p5flash doesn't seem to have the read function though? Just identify, read and clear DTC, and "flash it!"

Last edited by chezgk; 03-24-19 at 06:02 PM. Reason: added photo
Old 03-24-19, 04:59 PM
Lexus989
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I haven't received mine yet, order dd march 13
Old 03-24-19, 05:40 PM
OrangeVirus Tuning
Driver

Originally Posted by Lexus989
I haven't received mine yet, order dd march 13
If yours is an international order we are still working on getting those out, our payment processor requires a bit more involved process for international shipping
Lexus989 (03-24-19)
Old 03-24-19, 06:29 PM
chezgk
Intermediate

I tried downloading p5flash v4 you linked to above, but got a Trojan warning from Windows Defender. The p5flash I downloaded from the Tacoma instructions didn't trigger such a warning. Would you mind sharing a screenshot of p5flash v4? Does it have the read (not Read DTC) function to dump the whole ECU data into a file? The p5flash version I downloaded doesn't seem to have such a function.

Last edited by chezgk; 03-24-19 at 06:31 PM. Reason: added photo
Old 03-24-19, 07:02 PM
idleninjaz
Rookie

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by chezgk
p5flash doesn't seem to have the read function though? Just identify, read and clear DTC, and "flash it!"

Looks like you don't have the latest version (1.2.1). Make sure you followed the instructions on the video
Snow (03-24-19)
Old 03-24-19, 08:35 PM
chezgk
Intermediate

Originally Posted by idleninjaz
Looks like you don't have the latest version (1.2.1). Make sure you followed the instructions on the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2vii3K0OAI
Thanks for replying. I've sent an e-mail asking OV about this, since the instructions they e-mailed for the new dongle-less system didn't specify installing the whole Toyota flash suite. Will update here when I have further info.
Old 03-25-19, 04:27 AM
Clarjoa
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Super knock

Could this be the reason for the throttle limitation at low rpm and could removing this restriction cause any potential damage?
Super knock/
Old 03-25-19, 06:50 AM
OrangeVirus Tuning
Driver

Originally Posted by idleninjaz
Looks like you don't have the latest version (1.2.1). Make sure you followed the instructions on the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2vii3K0OAI
You don't need the entire flash manager, we've been emailing everyone 1.2.1

Although you technically can use the flash manager, just not any of the tacoma tunes

We've got about 8 new ECUs we are working on support right now for the IS200T. Thanks everyone

Also we want everyone to know it may take a few days for us to build support on files. This isn't like a standard tune where you just copy and paste maps.
We have to dig through the code, find what we need, rewrite the code, and build our new tables.

Last edited by OrangeVirus Tuning; 03-25-19 at 07:56 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by OrangeVirus Tuning:
chezgk (03-25-19), ModTrav (03-25-19)
Old 03-25-19, 09:35 AM
idleninjaz
Rookie

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

You don't need the entire flash manager, we've been emailing everyone 1.2.1

Although you technically can use the flash manager, just not any of the tacoma tunes
Oh, well I never got an email for instructions/downloads so I just followed the instructions page on the website.
Just waiting on my registry key now.
Old 03-28-19, 05:50 AM
OrangeVirus Tuning
Driver

We have received everyones stock tune files and are working on them! We expect to start pushing out files to everyone this weekend.
We were also on the dyno last night testing a few other things that will get put into everyones tunes.

Thank you for the patience everyone, we have a ton of new ECUs to add patches to.
idleninjaz (03-28-19)

Quick Reply: IS200t tune