Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t tune

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-18, 08:25 PM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Received 138 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by Miintt

nah as in you don’t hear any abnormal noises or nah as in its not the valve? I had the valve replaced once at 12k already and now im at 22k so it seems like it’s right about the time it’s supposed to go out
sorry i didn't elaborate, yes that noise might be from your valve coz in some case the valve makes loud noise and in some case it just fluctuates so no proven method of breaking down yet for that thing
Old 04-22-18, 08:37 PM
Miintt
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Nuke
sorry i didn't elaborate, yes that noise might be from your valve coz in some case the valve makes loud noise and in some case it just fluctuates so no proven method of breaking down yet for that thing
ya the first time it went bad I had the buzzing noise at idle. This time I dont have a buzzing noise at idle but its when im driving or revving theres a wierd noise coming from the front. I can’t tell if I have a leak, if it’s supposed to be like that, or if the diverter valve is affecting it somehow
Old 04-22-18, 08:43 PM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Miintt

ya the first time it went bad I had the buzzing noise at idle. This time I dont have a buzzing noise at idle but its when im driving or revving theres a wierd noise coming from the front. I can’t tell if I have a leak, if it’s supposed to be like that, or if the diverter valve is affecting it somehow
I recon your car is under warranty so take it to the dealer and have them check for leaks and replace the vacuum
Old 04-23-18, 08:40 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,208 Likes on 1,654 Posts

knock on wood 19k so far and original valve still good.
Old 04-23-18, 06:55 PM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by E46CT
knock on wood 19k so far and original valve still good.
Not necessarily, I have seen cases where it can't hold boost well or reach the peak but functions normal otherwise, making you think it is working fine
The following users liked this post:
PATCHEZ (05-06-18)
Old 04-24-18, 09:11 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Dunno. I'm making full boost and power in every gear. it could fail tomorrow but for now i won't assume it's failed. car runs spectacular.
Old 04-26-18, 11:01 AM
matttev
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Sheddy
Just received my Circuitwerks axle-back system. Please PM me if anyone is interested in getting a set I am working on getting a deal for Clublexus members. They look great and I will post videos once I have them installed this week. Daniel and I are scheduled for the dyno on Saturday, so let’s see how it performs.

How does it sound sheddy? I'm thinking of buying that system. I'm just hesitant because I don't want my car to sound ricey. I like the deeper sounds.

I'm running PPE catted downpipe, HPS intake tube, soon to be stage 2 tti tune
Old 04-28-18, 05:30 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by matttev
How does it sound sheddy? I'm thinking of buying that system. I'm just hesitant because I don't want my car to sound ricey. I like the deeper sounds.

I'm running PPE catted downpipe, HPS intake tube, soon to be stage 2 tti tune
I removed it within a week due to the low RPM drone, but under WOT it did sound pretty good and not ricey at all. Danielina has YouTube videos of the same system on his IS200t.
Old 04-30-18, 10:11 AM
BippuLexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm itching to tune my IS300 and I was checking out each of the website's listed on Page 1. But I noticed BMS Stage 1 is not available in California and VRTune makes you sign a wavier.

Are these ECU piggy-back/tune illegal in California and some other states?
Old 04-30-18, 11:34 AM
NEEDB00ST
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BippuLexus
I'm itching to tune my IS300 and I was checking out each of the website's listed on Page 1. But I noticed BMS Stage 1 is not available in California and VRTune makes you sign a wavier.

Are these ECU piggy-back/tune illegal in California and some other states?
Who cares? No way you'd ever get caught.
Old 04-30-18, 02:49 PM
BippuLexus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by NEEDB00ST
Who cares? No way you'd ever get caught.
So I'm guessing tons of people in California still does it?
Old 04-30-18, 03:16 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Tons of people do it with BMW and other more established turbo tuning circles. Your bigger concern is getting caught by Lexus, not the cops. You could theoretically get your warranty voided to any applicable parts (which is literally everything in the drivetrain if you're cranking up the power) if they found you've been jerking around with the boost.

You should be fine with a piggy back though if you remove it before taking it to the dealer. They won't have a clue. Unless there's some way to read internally logged boost data. I've heard in the BMW circles, dealers do scans of the car and instantly flag any cars showing modified software tables (due to a flash tune). Then you're marked for life. Don't know if Lexus does that but probably not since the "scene" is nowhere as big as BMW.

Up to you!
Old 04-30-18, 03:54 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

Burger Motorsports are just abiding to state laws. You are safe with a BMS piggyback since like E46CT said it doesn't store information on the ECU. Boost data is not logged because the piggyback is sending a lower value to the ECU. The only issue is that they cannot be shipped to California from Burger Tuning, so if you can get someone from another state to purchase for you or if you can find a used one.
Old 04-30-18, 04:20 PM
BippuLexus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by E46CT
Tons of people do it with BMW and other more established turbo tuning circles. Your bigger concern is getting caught by Lexus, not the cops. You could theoretically get your warranty voided to any applicable parts (which is literally everything in the drivetrain if you're cranking up the power) if they found you've been jerking around with the boost.

You should be fine with a piggy back though if you remove it before taking it to the dealer. They won't have a clue. Unless there's some way to read internally logged boost data. I've heard in the BMW circles, dealers do scans of the car and instantly flag any cars showing modified software tables (due to a flash tune). Then you're marked for life. Don't know if Lexus does that but probably not since the "scene" is nowhere as big as BMW.

Up to you!
Oh snap. I knew warranties can be voided but I didn't know dealers (like BMW) could scan your vehicle. I never heard of marking you for life either. This is very interesting. Thanks for the info!

Yeah. I'm not surprised the BMW scene is bigger. I seen a couple of Vishnu Chipped 335is in California before.

Originally Posted by Sheddy
Burger Motorsports are just abiding to state laws. You are safe with a BMS piggyback since like E46CT said it doesn't store information on the ECU. Boost data is not logged because the piggyback is sending a lower value to the ECU. The only issue is that they cannot be shipped to California from Burger Tuning, so if you can get someone from another state to purchase for you or if you can find a used one.
Burger Tuning is the only one that doesn't ship to California, right? What about VR Tuning or Tom's? Does VR Tuning ship to California if the wavier is signed?

In case I wanna order it, I want to make sure the company actually sends it to Cali.
Old 05-01-18, 07:53 PM
NEEDB00ST
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Does anybody know if it would be possible to do a TTI Stage 2+ tune and install a slightly larger aftermarket turbo with that tune?

I'm still trying to figure out why nobody has tried this yet. I understand that the ability to tune this ECU is a pretty recent development, but TTI seems to have that down to an extent so why not use that tune with a bigger turbo that won't drop off at high RPMs?

Is there some piece of information I am missing or not understanding?

Quick Reply: IS200t tune