Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

GS400 Modifications

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-01, 12:40 AM
BBD
....BANNED! :-)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

does anyone know where I can get a Full Exhuast System for the GS400 ,, with NO CAT what so ever I hate it when I think about 3 cats in my car..

another thing is their a Preformance chip for the car like ECU to get more fuel air mixture in the engine,,, and takes off the engine 149 Limited top speed. reasone for the ECU IF it is avilable I am trying to Cutome build my own Air Intake and I heard from some sources it wouldnt make much of a difference unless I reprograme the ECU

Old 05-02-01, 09:59 AM
fever
Lead Lap

Forget about custom building your intake or finding a chip. Go to www.swiftacing.com. They are the only ones who offer a piggyback ECU with an intake=30 ponies and 40 pounds. Check out the Dyno.
Old 05-02-01, 11:33 AM
Mean Gene
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up SRT

Fever's right but one more thing - don't velieve the SRT piggyback ECU will eliminate the 149 mph top speed governor. That's another function of the tranny ECU from Swift, whenever Mo gets the bugs worked out!? Also - the tri-convertor ( actually two pre-cats plus main convertor ) system of the Lexus is very hard to improve on & I think it will be improbable that U could run a total cat-free system anyway as the GS uses multiple oxygen sensors in the exhaust system to regulate the engine. I recall almost twisting off the wires on one of the pre-cats installing my T/C & remember what apperared to be O2 sensors both upstream & downstream of the pre-cats for comparitive data, I suppose. Try on of the muffler-only mods from Borla, L-Tuned, GReddy or some others. Might want to scan this forum for comments on the pros & cons of each system ( mostly loudness questions ) so it depends on what YOU want. Happy hunting!
Old 05-07-01, 12:35 AM
BBD

SO damn HARD to get a CHIP I Emailed about 4 companies today asked them if they could make a Preformance chip for the Lexus ,, but I dont think I will be getting posative response on it ,,, why is it hard to FIND on other than Swift racing..... I mean a REAL upgrade .. so I can fit an INtake and a N2O System and get on with my life hehe
Old 05-07-01, 07:35 AM
Mean Gene
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down Tough to Hack!

B - Because the Lexus has computer codes that are a hacker's nightmare to crack!:eek: Rod Millen & SuperChips had been working on them for over a year & they both gave up. The only ECU is the Swift Intake ECU so there's half the battle won. I toldja in another post that nitrous is still possible but only in small quantities, IMO. Your call but keep us posted.
Old 05-07-01, 05:46 PM
BBD

Got 1 response from Hypertech today they basically told me u got the shaft on the ECU waiting on some more replays ... (looks like I would give Mo a call after all) but a 950 intake is kinda pricey dont you think ?
Old 05-07-01, 06:41 PM
RacingAristo

I've tried so many performance chip companys and there is only one thing in common in their replies, they don't have it nor either plan to make it. I guess if you are looking for ECU upgrade, you could only go with SRT at this stage. Or you could try APEXi SAFC and have them adjust the fuel map for yah according to your mod.
Old 05-07-01, 10:57 PM
BBD

RacingAristo.

Apexi is a great company with modification but I am sure they wont be bothered with us GS400 users ,, they already have enought on their hands with the 34GTR skyline ,,, I cant wait no longer gona order a N2O kit for my car as soon as Mean Gene gives us a thumbs up with the Venom system ,,, if he does I would have to go with Mo's ECU and a Universal high flow fuel system and I would call it a quites in Mods for the time being..... just enjoy my car until something different comes along.