LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Techstream

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-19, 09:32 PM
fwhomeboy
Racer

Received 211 Likes on 177 Posts
Default Techstream

Hey guys, have you seen this?

Last edited by RA40; 08-06-19 at 11:06 AM. Reason: link removed
Old 02-03-19, 05:27 AM
mckellyb
Lexus Test Driver

Received 147 Likes on 109 Posts

Intriguing, purely for the pass code.
Old 02-03-19, 07:10 AM
UZ214
Pole Position

Received 221 Likes on 163 Posts

What is the passcode used for? I have techstream don’t have any idea what passcode is
Old 02-04-19, 09:55 AM
fwhomeboy
Racer

I'm wondering if anyone here has used Techstream and could see the transmission temperature with it?
Old 02-04-19, 10:08 AM
fwhomeboy
Racer

Is there a link to the recommended Techstream setup for our cars?
Old 02-04-19, 11:50 AM
yyymmm31
Intermediate

Received 213 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by fwhomeboy
I'm wondering if anyone here has used Techstream and could see the transmission temperature with it?
Here are the steps:
1. Connect to Techstream to the ODB port under the dash;
2. Click “Engine & ECT” to go to the next screen,
3. Click “Data List” on the left panel,
4. View “A/T Oil Temperature 1” to watch the transmission fluid temperature.
BTW, the correct AT temperature for LS460 is 95-108F or 35-42C.
Here are the toques for transmission plugs:
​​​​​​Overflow check plug (10mm hex): 15 ft lbf
Refill plug (24mm): 29 ft lbf
Drain plug (14mm): 21 ft lbf
Transmission pan bolts: 39 ft lbf
In addition to checking transmission fluid temperature, among many other useful functions, Techstream is a necessity for properly bleeding LS460 brake system.
The following users liked this post:
sha4000 (02-04-19)
Old 02-04-19, 02:28 PM
fwhomeboy
Racer

Originally Posted by yyymmm31
Here are the steps:
1. Connect to Techstream to the ODB port under the dash;
2. Click “Engine & ECT” to go to the next screen,
3. Click “Data List” on the left panel,
4. View “A/T Oil Temperature 1” to watch the transmission fluid temperature.
BTW, the correct AT temperature for LS460 is 95-108F or 35-42C.
Here are the toques for transmission plugs:
​​​​​​Overflow check plug (10mm hex): 15 ft lbf
Refill plug (24mm): 29 ft lbf
Drain plug (14mm): 21 ft lbf
Transmission pan bolts: 39 ft lbf
In addition to checking transmission fluid temperature, among many other useful functions, Techstream is a necessity for properly bleeding LS460 brake system.
I need to get Techstream first. I don't know yet which one to buy.
Old 02-04-19, 06:12 PM
305Busa
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by UZ214
What is the passcode used for? I have techstream don’t have any idea what passcode is
I came across this "passcode" issue last week when trying to program a key into the wifes car. But I think thats the only part in techstream that you need a passcode for. I was trying to program a master key but only have a valet key.
Old 02-05-19, 07:37 AM
mckellyb
Lexus Test Driver

Received 147 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by fwhomeboy
Oh, yes...yes you can. Down to a resolution of 1F, too. This is what I used when I swapped out all the fluid in my '08.

Get the latest TS, honestly. I have them back to at least version 9, and I have yet to find where there's been a change which eliminated data (though my use of 13 has been limited).

The passcode is purely for new "keys". I have two credit-card keys and one remote which need programming to my "new" '12, but first, it must return from the body shop.

I've reprogrammed remotes with the Techstream, and while there's a bit of anxiety, it does work as it should.
Old 02-06-19, 01:28 PM
johnnyg66
Racer

Received 152 Likes on 130 Posts

Finally got my techstream working today. I had to use 10.028 version the newer ones just didnt work for me. App would crash or it was missing menu options. Ran a health check and i was amazed with how many codes popped up. I would say about a dozen spread out. I have no lights on the dash. I didn't clear them.

Who has ran a health check and gotten back a lot of codes??

I also wonder if the dealer ran that test last month. If they care to or even share the results.
Old 02-06-19, 01:48 PM
yyymmm31
Intermediate

Received 213 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnyg66
Finally got my techstream working today. I had to use 10.028 version the newer ones just didnt work for me. App would crash or it was missing menu options. Ran a health check and i was amazed with how many codes popped up. I would say about a dozen spread out. I have no lights on the dash. I didn't clear them.

Who has ran a health check and gotten back a lot of codes??

I also wonder if the dealer ran that test last month. If they care to or even share the results.
For Techstream Version 10, there are four types of error codes - Current, Pending, History and Permanent. Only the codes in the "Current" category are of an immediate concern. Current codes mean that there are issues now. Codes in the "History" category mean trouble codes shown in the past but are no longer issues. "History" codes are like trouble records and they will be there until you clear the codes. If you have "Current" codes, without fixing the issues, after you clear them, they will show up again. I have not seen "Pending" and "Permanent" codes in Version 10 of Techstream. Additionally, you may save both "Current" and "History" codes to a local file for future references.
Hope that this helps.
Old 02-06-19, 04:40 PM
fwhomeboy
Racer

Originally Posted by yyymmm31
For Techstream Version 10, there are four types of error codes - Current, Pending, History and Permanent. Only the codes in the "Current" category are of an immediate concern. Current codes mean that there are issues now. Codes in the "History" category mean trouble codes shown in the past but are no longer issues. "History" codes are like trouble records and they will be there until you clear the codes. If you have "Current" codes, without fixing the issues, after you clear them, they will show up again. I have not seen "Pending" and "Permanent" codes in Version 10 of Techstream. Additionally, you may save both "Current" and "History" codes to a local file for future references.
Hope that this helps.
Can someone please give me a link to the recommended Techstream setup to buy?
jayhawkgal (01-27-20)
Old 02-06-19, 06:30 PM
Outofspec
Pit Crew

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

I bought This on Ebay:
Mini VCI J2534 Diagnostic Cable For Toyota Lexus Scion TIS Techstream V13.00.022
From the seller: capital_auto
My experience was good (So Far). Software disk and cable delivered quickly. Cable looks like a quality item and the software loaded, and appears to be working, but it's been cold here, so it is as yet untested. The seller was quick to respond to emails when I needed some help with the installation. The guy has a lot of positive feedback on Ebay for this item, and at $34.95 it's reasonably priced. I'd be interested to know if anyone else has used this Ebay vendor and product. Using this bastardized software does give me some heartburn though. I have an old laptop that I'm using as a dedicated machine for this so I'm not freaked out about viruses or identity, but the integrity of the data this software will eventually produce for me, and the connectivity to my car, gives me pause.
fwhomeboy (02-06-19)
Old 02-06-19, 07:05 PM
fwhomeboy
Racer

Originally Posted by Outofspec
I bought This on Ebay:
Mini VCI J2534 Diagnostic Cable For Toyota Lexus Scion TIS Techstream V13.00.022
My experience was good (So Far). Software disk and cable delivered quickly. Cable looks like a quality item and the software loaded, and appears to be working, but it's been cold here, so it is as yet untested. The seller was quick to respond to emails when I needed some help with the installation. The guy has a lot of positive feedback on Ebay for this item, and at $34.95 it's reasonably priced. I'd be interested to know if anyone else has used this Ebay vendor and product. Using this bastardized software does give me some heartburn though. I have an old laptop that I'm using as a dedicated machine for this so I'm not freaked out about viruses or identity, but the integrity of the data this software will eventually produce for me, and the connectivity to my car, gives me pause.
Bingo!!! This is what I've been waiting for. Thanks Man.
Old 02-06-19, 07:06 PM
johnnyg66
Racer

Received 152 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by Outofspec
I bought This on Ebay:
Thats the version i tried on my 07. No luck. If your disk comes with older version try one of those if the newer one fails.

There is even a newer version out now that came out at end of December.
JMLS (02-10-19)

Quick Reply: Techstream