LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

LS remote start install DIY

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-18, 09:25 AM
Mbbarron
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by dc5423
Aw ok ya when I first saw it. It was 32999, and I waited until the friday before NYE and it was 32000. I should tried to get another 1000 off lol
I doubt they would have gone much lower. When I first saw it, it was at $34K, and I got them down to $32K but he didn't seem to want to go lower to make the sale to me by the EOY. He said he had arranged to sell it to a dealer in IL for $31K, for what that's worth. If I was truly interested, I would have asked him why he wasn't willing to sell it to me for $31K but maybe that price was without the L-certified warranty because he had said I could buy it for $31K without the warranty. I thought the L-certification was worth $1K more. I think you did fine! I assume that was price of the car PLUS dealer fee, tax, tags, title/registration?
Old 01-09-18, 05:53 PM
tofuprod
Instructor

Received 231 Likes on 183 Posts

UPDATE:

The Dball3 whatever unit I had installed recently somehow had some sort of issue with the auto-headlight on/off stuff interfering, where the lights would shut off right away, without delay.

See my thread here:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...-question.html

I called my installer after getting off of the phone with Lexus, and he said it may be a firmware issue, saying he may have to move it to an older update of the firmware, stating the newer toyotas sometimes had this issue.
Perhaps that is why recently lately my headlights were acting up, but not within the month that I first had the remote start installed??

We will see, supposed to have this looked at by my installer next Wednesday, but lately he hasn't been too good on keeping up with communications.
Old 01-09-18, 05:57 PM
DavidinCT
Racer

Received 195 Likes on 147 Posts

If you read though this thread... in the first 5-10 pages or so, pretty sure the headlight issue is a known issue...for someone who did more than the 5 wire install.

This was a very simple DIY, some red T-Clips and this whole thing was done in about 45 min... and I'm not great at wiring...
Old 01-09-18, 06:00 PM
tofuprod
Instructor

Received 231 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by DavidinCT
If you read though this thread... in the first 5-10 pages or so, pretty sure the headlight issue is a known issue...for someone who did more than the 5 wire install.

This was a very simple DIY, some red T-Clips and this whole thing was done in about 45 min... and I'm not great at wiring...
really?
I swear I read through this all but I must have been mistaken, can you direct me to the 'fix'? Perhaps I can somehow show this to my guy in case if anything was missed on my 2013 LS.

Edit: it's just odd that this 'headlight issue' would happen nearly a month after the install when prior to that, I had zero issues post-install.

Last edited by tofuprod; 01-09-18 at 06:09 PM.
Old 01-10-18, 02:19 PM
sha4000
Lexus Test Driver

Received 334 Likes on 288 Posts

Originally Posted by sha4000
I just sent my dball3 back to the eBay seller Doug. Roadfrog posted the link early in the thread. I could not get the module to program. I hooked all the wires up and hit the ignition twice like it says in the instructions and could not get a green light which indicates its programmed. I even hit the ignition 3 times like roadfrog suggested even though that's not what the instructions tell you to do and all it does is shut the car down. I sent it back for a replacement because i didn't think he flashed it with the old firmware which he assured me he did. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.
Got this installed today. Like I already said the first unit I got did not work and I can only assume that it was not flashed correctly but the seller quickly sent me out another unit once he got the return and since I had the wires connected from the first time I just plugged it in and was good to go. The seller also programmed it to have a 60 minute run time.
Old 01-10-18, 04:34 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

Nice. Glad it worked out.
Old 01-10-18, 11:52 PM
Kadrian87
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got this installed by Best Buy last Sunday for 125 plus tax since I bought the pre flashed dball3 they erased it and reinstalled the firmware they say they do that to make sure you have the right one he told me I could have bought the regular dball3 that’s not flashed since they were going to do it anyway total cost for me was around $200 they also sell the viper smart start vsm300 with installation for 189.99 here in Texas which I’m getting at a later date

Last edited by Kadrian87; 01-10-18 at 11:55 PM.
Old 01-11-18, 06:02 PM
Mekoz
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

^^ since you got a dball why dont you just buy the smart start and install ot yourself itll be cheaper that way(99$). You litterally just connect it to the back of your dball and ground the unit thats it.
Old 01-15-18, 04:04 AM
jmsmiff
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default DBall

anyone else having issues with remote starting?
So I have an 07 460L and I installed the DBall2 and viper modules a few years back. Now I’m noticing that the 3x lock/start feature isn’t starting the car; it works at random times. Same with the Viper app; works when it wants to. It will lock and unlock but not start! I read somewhere about hard and soft resetting but I didn’t want to screw with anything before checking here. Thanks team

Ray
Old 01-15-18, 11:35 AM
DavidinCT
Racer

I've noticed that using the 3X lock dball3 remote start.... The heated seats don't come on as they are on when I shut off the car. Is this because the seat sensor is not pushed down? Any work-a-round for this?

If it does not heat, does it cool in the summer or am I in the same boat ?
Old 01-16-18, 11:42 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by DavidinCT
I've noticed that using the 3X lock dball3 remote start.... The heated seats don't come on as they are on when I shut off the car. Is this because the seat sensor is not pushed down? Any work-a-round for this?

If it does not heat, does it cool in the summer or am I in the same boat ?
My 08 heats up the seats when remote starting. No work around required, as the switch is a "hard switch", unlike the steering wheel heater. Somethin' ain't right Dave.
Old 01-17-18, 07:08 AM
DavidinCT
Racer

Originally Posted by roadfrog
My 08 heats up the seats when remote starting. No work around required, as the switch is a "hard switch", unlike the steering wheel heater. Somethin' ain't right Dave.
When I sit on the seat (after remote starting), it heats up with in 2 min or so and gets very hot (if set up that high), so I know it's working fine.

I was thinking it was a sensor like the air bag notification, seat not heating up unless it detects pressure on the seat.

I did notice there was never any calibration updates on my car(odd as the car was serviced at Lexus)... Even when I connect to my version of Techstream, it shows the calibration version and it's from 2007....could it be something like this in getting a car update that could fix it ?
Old 04-15-18, 07:38 PM
Luscombe8A
Pit Crew

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Will this work on a 2011 LS460

I have read through the thread but am a bit confused on the latest version of DBall and what it will work with.

This is the link to ebay.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/301085632013?rmvSB=true
Will it work on a 2011 460 with ML/NAV?

Here is a second one I found on Ebay.
Anyone have any experience with this one?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Complete-Ad...laZnRG&vxp=mtr

I would like to be able to start the car with the OEM remote, 3x on the lock, and not have to carry a second remote.
I am ok with installing this myself, just want to be sure it will work.

Appreciate the help.
Thanks

Last edited by Luscombe8A; 04-15-18 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Second Ebay ref.
Old 04-16-18, 05:29 AM
DeeBrown
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Luscombe8A
I have read through the thread but am a bit confused on the latest version of DBall and what it will work with.

This is the link to ebay.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/301085632013?rmvSB=true
Will it work on a 2011 460 with ML/NAV?

Here is a second one I found on Ebay.
Anyone have any experience with this one?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Complete-Ad...laZnRG&vxp=mtr

I would like to be able to start the car with the OEM remote, 3x on the lock, and not have to carry a second remote.
I am ok with installing this myself, just want to be sure it will work.

Appreciate the help.
Thanks
Yes the Db3 is the newest version it works great I bought it for cheap from ebay from a seller in the NY area and it was pre-programmed for my LS just need to request it and you won't need to buy the programming module. Easy job just follow the instructions
Old 05-24-18, 04:35 PM
bigsherv
Intermediate

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

Hey Guys,

I need some help with my remote start install. I got everything from Toby Broadfield who has been awesome with helping me. I have a 2014.

I got the dball3 and the smart start.

I got all the wiring correct. I used Ttaps to make all the connections.

When I fired it up it flashes green the starts to flash red red orange. I worked with Toby verifying each and every connection. He then mailed me a second dball3. When I got the new one I plugged the harness into it I got solid red light which was good. I then pressed on the start button twice and then it started doing red red orange again.

I unplugged it again and put it back together and from that point on it was green when I plugged it in the flashes red red orange from then on just like the first unit.

Do you think I am doing something to clear the programming? I never pushed the button? Anyway I can program it myself?

I did want to note I have been pushing the start button twice but never had stepped on the brake. I don’t think that is causing it but wanted to mention that.

Quick Reply: LS remote start install DIY