LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

10" Android screen for LS430

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-19, 08:46 AM
lovelexus3
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Do you have sound now? Did you make sure the sound was turned all the way up before disconnecting the factory unit? I know it sounds strange but tool me a bit when I was doing my Toyota solara.
Old 03-30-19, 08:48 AM
vredniykot
Lexus Test Driver

Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts

can anyone open this?

https://www.file-up.org/efx04dvjqn2m
Old 03-30-19, 08:56 AM
lovelexus3
Driver

https://s.amsu.ng/pgOdMM5Lit8N
Old 03-30-19, 08:57 AM
lovelexus3
Driver

Had to break it up and share as a link...its a video.
Old 03-30-19, 08:59 AM
vredniykot
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by lovelexus3
Do you have sound now? Did you make sure the sound was turned all the way up before disconnecting the factory unit? I know it sounds strange but tool me a bit when I was doing my Toyota solara.
I do have sound when playing through either bluetooth or USB connection. I also have sound for FM tuner, just not for the factory CD changer.
The following users liked this post:
Nay (11-04-20)
Old 03-30-19, 09:03 AM
vredniykot
Lexus Test Driver

thanks for uploading that

that is the plug that is extra that i was talking about earlier, that has no connection to stock wire harness, or at least i do not see it...
Old 03-30-19, 09:10 AM
lovelexus3
Driver

I wonder if that is for the new CD changer. I was not too keen how I discovered the need for the new DVD player. Does the plug maybe go to the CD changer or on the factory radio?
Old 03-30-19, 09:20 AM
vredniykot
Lexus Test Driver

I wonder if that is for the new CD changer. I was not too keen how I discovered the need for the new DVD player. Does the plug maybe go to the CD changer or on the factory radio?
i doubt it. the wire that plugs into the stock CD changer is the bunch with the pink wires, in the center of last pic. one end plugs into the stock CD changer the other plugs into the stock harness.
the top center and far right plugs plug into the two plugs from the stock climate control. the one that is next to the far right is the extra that has no visible place to plug into. the two on the far left are the ones that are a separate piece that needs splicing, but, i don't see where they plug into either...
Old 03-30-19, 09:36 AM
Ricklin
Intermediate

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Does the unit have WI-Fi vredniykot? I've been following closely. BTW I'm in Longview.
Old 03-30-19, 09:52 AM
vredniykot
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Ricklin
Does the unit have WI-Fi vredniykot? I've been following closely. BTW I'm in Longview.
Yes, wi-fi works good, I was able to connect to my wireless network while in my driveway, no problem.

I'm quite bit north of you, Bonney Lake
Old 03-30-19, 05:06 PM
lovelexus3
Driver

Originally Posted by vredniykot
Well...
This thing came with no instructions whatsoever...
I plugged in what fit, still have a couple of plugs that dont fit anywhere.... got power to the unit but no sound... grrr...
This is going to be fun...
After playing with it more and spending some time...have you come with any further advantages? Has return and reinstall original unit crossed your mind?
Old 03-30-19, 07:44 PM
lovelexus3
Driver

Originally Posted by vredniykot
i doubt it. the wire that plugs into the stock CD changer is the bunch with the pink wires, in the center of last pic. one end plugs into the stock CD changer the other plugs into the stock harness.
the top center and far right plugs plug into the two plugs from the stock climate control. the one that is next to the far right is the extra that has no visible place to plug into. the two on the far left are the ones that are a separate piece that needs splicing, but, i don't see where they plug into either...
Just checked with my sales rep about the wiring. (Numbers correspond to the picture). The wire that goes nowhere (#1) and was told "it is a wire when you When the main line is not fit, you can use this one. (#4) is GPS Antenna (#3) is canbus,Used to crack the original car password, so that the function of the original car can be used.
Old 03-30-19, 08:03 PM
Peacebay
Advanced

Received 253 Likes on 166 Posts

That’s nonsensical.. this reminds me of when I purchased an adapter from Crutchfield that claimed to retain the steering wheel controls with my aftermarket radio. Which of course wasn’t the case, realized after my purchase when I had everything apart.

Its tough buying things like this for these cars. The market is relatively small and the incentive for companies to make quality, bespoke adapters/harnesses/interfaces is pretty low.
Old 03-31-19, 09:20 PM
vredniykot
Lexus Test Driver

Sorry fellas, I didnt get to play with this thing over the weekend, had too much house work to do
Old 03-31-19, 09:36 PM
vredniykot
Lexus Test Driver

Just checked with my sales rep about the wiring. (Numbers correspond to the picture). The wire that goes nowhere (#1) and was told "it is a wire when you When the main line is not fit, you can use this one. (#4) is GPS Antenna (#3) is canbus,Used to crack the original car password, so that the function of the original car can be used.
#1 still doesnt make sense...
There are no factory plugs that that thing plugs into.
What "main line" are they talking about?

Steering wheels volume controls do work, from home screen press the icon with red/yellow/pink/green squares on it, then flick the screen to the left once, there is an app on the second page of the screen named "steering wheel", you have to open it and it will have a bunch of options/buttons listed, you have to press "start" then "vol+" and it will highlight yellow, then press volume up button on the steering wheel and the highlighted "vol+" will go black, that means it accepted the command. Do the same for volume down button with the corresponding "vol-" button on the screen.
Hit "end" when done.

Quick Reply: 10" Android screen for LS430