LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

10" Android screen for LS430

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-19, 07:45 AM
Ricklin
Intermediate

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Will let Ya'll go first!

Am following this with great interest. I was about to pull the trigger on the Vaistech Sl3b for my 06 430 UL. This appears to be the superior solution. Vaistech is very proud of their little box. It's just not that much more money to go this way. I also really like the idea of OBD2 available, I've already got the bluetooth dongle.

I'm not in a hurry to upgrade it. My Phablet type phone is doing the job now with a Monster BT adapter. It's just OK, but tolerable for now.

I don't like the idea of stringing wire through my car for the camera. I do want to retain the backup camera function. I shall follow the thread and decide.
Old 03-27-19, 06:47 AM
vredniykot
Lexus Test Driver

Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts

My order was shipped 3/23, arrived at customs in LA on 3/26. Should be here soon
Old 03-28-19, 01:11 PM
Sentinel99
Driver School Candidate

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Keep us posted thank you very much
Old 03-28-19, 02:21 PM
nbizzle
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

So, excited for these updates!
Old 03-29-19, 10:18 AM
lovelexus3
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by vredniykot
My order was shipped 3/23, arrived at customs in LA on 3/26. Should be here soon
Looks like you will receive before me. I was waiting for my wife's radio to ship together. Are you planning on installing yourself?
Old 03-29-19, 10:24 AM
vredniykot
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by lovelexus3
Looks like you will receive before me. I was waiting for my wife's radio to ship together. Are you planning on installing yourself?
my tracking says that it "arrived at post office" on 3/28 and nothing else after that. it probably will ship through USPS the rest of the way, not sure if EMS will have status updates through it...
yes, i will install it myself, i have an issue with my smart key that requires me replacing the theft deterrent ECU which is located right behind the climate control unit anyhow so i'll have to tear into it
Old 03-29-19, 02:19 PM
vredniykot
Lexus Test Driver

it has arrived!!!
I'll be following up with pics of install
Old 03-29-19, 02:52 PM
toantran99
Intermediate

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by vredniykot
it has arrived!!!
I'll be following up with pics of install
YES PLEASE. Steps by steps with pics and/or videos
Old 03-29-19, 03:33 PM
vredniykot
Lexus Test Driver

Well...
This thing came with no instructions whatsoever...
I plugged in what fit, still have a couple of plugs that dont fit anywhere.... got power to the unit but no sound... grrr...
This is going to be fun...
Old 03-29-19, 04:53 PM
Sentinel99
Driver School Candidate

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Fitment

Hi glad to hear you have received the unit

Sucks that they did not include any instruction or email you a video link also that was my concern when I saw the plugs in the pictures 04 through 06 does not have those plugs

If you would be so kind to let me know does the unit control the climate controls?
Old 03-29-19, 06:25 PM
imdking
Pole Position

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Hope the installation goes well. Waiting to see the finished product.

Last edited by imdking; 03-31-19 at 03:31 AM.
Old 03-29-19, 08:02 PM
vredniykot
Lexus Test Driver

ok....
so i installed it and played with it a little bit...
overall i am not impressed.
I will try to run down the things that i found out and add as i remember or discover more:
1. this unit does require an old fashioned antenna/adapter, it does not utilize stock harness for antenna connection, not sure why, shouldn't be that hard if they got everything else using stock wires...
2. i have 1 piece of wire with 2 plugs on it that came with the unit that does not fit anywhere in the stock harness or the adapter harness that came with the unit.
3. i have no sound from CD changer. it displays and counts the time as it plays, but no sound
4. steering wheel controls only work for "mode" function and "up" and "down" function for track selection, volume does not work
5. track controls on the stock stereo do not work but volume does, so do the "AM/SAT" "FM" and "CD" buttons. "TAPE" function does not work
6. AC controls do work with exception of "DUAL" button on the touch screen. Dual climate still works with the stock button and temperature can be adjusted on touch screen if the stock "DUAL" button is pressed
7. there are a couple of buttons on AC control screen that do nothing when pressed, not sure if those are for the UL models? one looks like a rear defrost icon but rear defrost is actually labeled "rear" and looks like the front windshield icon... a bit confusing...

there are a few functions under "original car" icon on the touch screen that bring up what looks like radio tuner but there is no sound in that mode, radio tuner works through what looks like an app on the home screen
bluetooth functions are... usable...

i gotta run, i'll be back to add some more, later
The following 3 users liked this post by vredniykot:
lovelexus3 (03-30-19), nbizzle (03-29-19), Ricklin (03-31-19)
Old 03-29-19, 08:29 PM
nbizzle
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Talking

Still excited! We need some pics, if you could do a video that would be so amazing. Also, hoping that you're able to hammer out some of the issues, maybe programming stuff? I think we're all rooting for you!
Old 03-30-19, 06:04 AM
lovelexus3
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Are you using the stock CD changer or did you order a new one? What do you think about the gps?
Old 03-30-19, 08:37 AM
vredniykot
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by lovelexus3
Are you using the stock CD changer or did you order a new one? What do you think about the gps?
yes, using the stock CD changer. it seems that the CD's are playing and i can change discs and tracks but there is no sound.
GPS on this unit apparently works through an app, but, it requires an internet connection. i do not see a SIM card slot or anything like that, so not sure how it connects to the internet...
the only other way that i was able to get the GPS to work is through the USB connection to my phone using Google maps. pretty much i just have a duplicate screen of my phone on the dash...

i sent a message to my "rep" about it all, asking for a wiring diagram, she sent me some .rar file that i can not open...
and she sent me this picture
The following 2 users liked this post by vredniykot:
Nay (11-04-20), Z7USUDRV (05-15-23)

Quick Reply: 10" Android screen for LS430