LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

10" Android screen for LS430

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-19, 07:26 AM
m1pnk
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

"You guys are not getting any signal from your factory radio or CD changer you probably did not plug in the male RCAs into the female RCAs " ... is there a pick or order to follow ?

update... all rca leads swapped a few times... no difference in radio ???.... love any help... thanks

Last edited by m1pnk; 07-21-19 at 05:34 AM.
Old 07-21-19, 01:51 PM
m1pnk
Driver School Candidate

so i got one of these "MVA-24L" ... looks like there saying i can put an aditional android unit in and keep original ? ... what you all think
? ... https://www.carid.com/images/beat-so...14-catalog.pdf .... the bottom unit to act as AMP ?

Last edited by m1pnk; 07-21-19 at 01:56 PM.
Old 07-22-19, 07:33 AM
Euro09
Lead Lap

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Ok so does anyone here already installed the Non-Navi and " actually" get everything works ? I am talking about the Non-Navi from 01-03 .
Old 08-04-19, 11:04 AM
Sentinel99
Driver School Candidate

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Parking sensors

Hey guys
everything is working good

but... Anybody figure out a way to display the parking sensors on the android screen?

The parking sensor warning does come up in the main cluster but I'm wondering if there is a way to have it show the parking sensors on the big tablet like it was on the OEM screen

does anyone know if there is a RGB signal video signal coming out from one of the computers or how to go about finding that out?

Any help would be appreciated
Old 08-05-19, 03:29 AM
lexusonly1
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sentinel99
Hey guys
everything is working good

but... Anybody figure out a way to display the parking sensors on the android screen?

The parking sensor warning does come up in the main cluster but I'm wondering if there is a way to have it show the parking sensors on the big tablet like it was on the OEM screen

does anyone know if there is a RGB signal video signal coming out from one of the computers or how to go about finding that out?

Any help would be appreciated
Hi
I contacted the seller (China) about this issue, according to them the parking sensors will not show on android screen. But when I read the product description it clearly says that will be shown on the screen. I sent them a screenshot of the product description; to which they mentioned that this part must be written mistakenly in the product description. Well, it doesn't make sense to me.
Old 08-10-19, 05:56 AM
Sentinel99
Driver School Candidate

Default Original car app

Hey guys I'm having this issue and maybe you can chime in what your app does

for the original car radio app my frequencies only go up to 97.5
I
emailed the seller he said he would ask the engineers took a couple weeks I remind him again and he said that's the way the radio are.... They don't go past 97.5

I went into the extra settings and changed my radio region to us and North America but that did not change anything

can you please check any of you guys your original car app how far does it go on the megahertz scale.... I have the cable to run to the factory FM antenna in the trunk I just don't have the time to put it in yet and I do listen to the radio sometimes... your input would be greatly appreciated
Old 08-12-19, 12:37 AM
m1pnk
Driver School Candidate

glad to see this thread is still alive.... a few outstanding this going on like radio reception and feeds.... dare i ask if we will ever get a firmware update... no... thats silly.... anyone done anything cool in settings they find useful that we can all try.... cheers guys
Old 08-12-19, 07:53 AM
Sentinel99
Driver School Candidate

Default YouTube in background

Originally Posted by m1pnk
glad to see this thread is still alive.... a few outstanding this going on like radio reception and feeds.... dare i ask if we will ever get a firmware update... no... thats silly.... anyone done anything cool in settings they find useful that we can all try.... cheers guys

I've been on a quest to find a solution to have YouTube playing in the background when I go back to the home screen while the video/music is playing

here's what you do..,,you download Mozilla Firefox and add a video in the background fix extension and it works great you can open up Google Maps or any other app with the YouTube video/ music playing in the background
Old 08-12-19, 07:58 AM
Sentinel99
Driver School Candidate

Default Reset after lock

Here's what I noticed when I lock the car no matter if I have the settings for 1 hoour sgut down delay... the radio resets but if I don't lock the car the radio does remain booted and holds without restart for 1 hour

anybody else having this same issue? I believe it's due to the fact that when the car is locked the voltage drops I'm thinking of installing and diode circuit and maybe a capacitor to keep the radio memory alive for a while

Let me know guys
Thnx
Old 08-15-19, 05:19 PM
JayPDX503
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04-06 wiring

Anybody have a diagram for the rest of the wires besides the plug and play wires?
Old 08-17-19, 04:21 AM
m1pnk
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Sentinel99
Here's what I noticed when I lock the car no matter if I have the settings for 1 hoour sgut down delay... the radio resets but if I don't lock the car the radio does remain booted and holds without restart for 1 hour

anybody else having this same issue? I believe it's due to the fact that when the car is locked the voltage drops I'm thinking of installing and diode circuit and maybe a capacitor to keep the radio memory alive for a while

Let me know guys
Thnx

i get same thing... im still trying to get a antenna signal to default radio... no matter how i have the red and white plugged in it no signal... i can get radio app fine as i have a external antenna plugged in... messing with it again now... also what to look for cjange to defaut setting so last app plays.... prob have to look at https://ifttt.com/ to set something up with wifi connection ?.... lets keep this thread going guys...
Old 08-19-19, 02:37 PM
Sentinel99
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by m1pnk
i get same thing... im still trying to get a antenna signal to default radio... no matter how i have the red and white plugged in it no signal... i can get radio app fine as i have a external antenna plugged in... messing with it again now... also what to look for cjange to defaut setting so last app plays.... prob have to look at https://ifttt.com/ to set something up with wifi connection ?.... lets keep this thread going guys...
Check out Page 6 -here's what you need to do and there's a picture on there as well....

so basically, the red/white RCA wires that are coming out of the CD changer plug have to be connected to the red/white RCA plugs that are labeled "AUX L IN" and "AUX R IN" that are in the bunch of RCA wires that are coming out of the unit on the other plug, the one with a bunch of yellow video input plugs. Now my CD changer's sound works.

And im having the same issue.... all of the apps reset every time I start the car

because our cars dropps voltage to10 volts when you start the car and the radio cant handle such low voltage

I'm trying to find a solution for this either putting a capacitor in line or a second small battery in the glove box with a relay to switch over does anybody have a better suggestion please reply

Old 08-21-19, 12:09 AM
m1pnk
Driver School Candidate

many thanks for this... but im talking about the stock radio ... i got sound from cd changer ok .... but not getting radio... as it seems antenna not connected... i have ordered the aerial converter and would love to know where to plug it into if anyone has used one... thanks again guys
Old 08-21-19, 09:00 AM
m1pnk
Driver School Candidate

so i got this... did i waste my money ?... can anyone confirm fitting to help me... thanks
The following users liked this post:
Z7USUDRV (06-01-23)
Old 08-21-19, 09:01 AM
m1pnk
Driver School Candidate

im looking to get the original antenna working on new head unit and get audio from default radio... not the digital radio thats an app... many thanks

Quick Reply: 10" Android screen for LS430