LC Model (2018-present)

What Would You Replace Your LC With?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-22, 05:44 AM
guanche2k9
Advanced

Received 317 Likes on 181 Posts
Default What Would You Replace Your LC With?

Hey guys, I made a video recently, discussing possible replacements to the LC. This doesn't necessarily mean I want to get rid of her right away, but lately I've been getting the itch to find a replacement - keep in mind I've had her for about 5 years now. Like I said in my video, a little difficult to find a true replacement. Frankly, if Lexus came out with a next gen LC or an LFA 2 (as rumoured), I'd definitely stick with Lexus. Curious to know if any of you have driven/owned some of the choices I mentioned (AMG GT-R, Aston Martin Vantage, Nissan GT-R, Nissan NSX)? I know that the majority of these are a little sportier, but they do tick most of the boxes.

I went to Aston to build an F1 Edition Vantage - they'd sell it to me at MSRP - approximately $187K. Went to 3 different Porsche dealers to SERIOUSLY order a GT4 RS - all allocations already taken - AND worst of all, each one told me that they would have a markup of anywhere between $50K - $150K (with exact pricing when the build would begin). IMO, I love that GT4 RS, but that markup is ludicrous.

Nevertheless, I still love my LC, and wanted to get some of your opinions. Thanks!

The following users liked this post:
finny76 (10-23-22)
Old 08-09-22, 05:59 AM
breplica
Pit Crew

Received 129 Likes on 59 Posts

Definitely consider a 911. That was the only other car I would consider when shopping for my car and even though the LC500 won, if it did not exist, the 911 would definitely be the one I would buy. It has the right image, the engine has some character, it drives really well, and with the right options, can be pretty luxurious on the inside as well

Aston Martins are simply way too outdated interior wise and they will almost certainly be unreliable. And I dont think they look that good, they most definitely do not age very well at all

Nissan GT-R likewise too outdated inside and out, and I think severely lacking in luxury

I like the AMG GT but it is a 2 seater. I skipped this car because i needed a 2 + 2 as I would just have one car and I need one that can do it all. If you need a (barely usable) back seat, maybe one of the new SL55s? The new SLs do look amazing and the US spec cars sound pretty good without the OPF but you must like open top motoring (or maybe wait for the hardtop which is coming at some point)

I still think the LC500 is an overall better car (all things considered) than all of those options above though, honestly. But thats just me. If I had to choose something else it would be a well specced base 911 or an SL55.

Last edited by breplica; 08-09-22 at 06:02 AM.
Old 08-09-22, 06:33 AM
MLMLC52K18
Advanced

Received 308 Likes on 228 Posts

I am a Lexus fan thru & thru. I’ve never contemplated the idea of replacing my LC. For me she is a keeper. However, I may consider buying another vehicle, maybe the LFA2 if I can get in and out of it. Or maybe an all electric Lexus. All in all, I have no immediate plans on changing brands. We only ride Toyota round here!
DonC1 (08-15-22)
Old 08-09-22, 07:31 AM
Badhobz
Instructor

Received 565 Likes on 305 Posts

Move on to the next big thing man. All cars get boring after a while. Just buy what you like, although i do caution you that the AM Vantage has a horrible interior. The plastic buttons are a god damn joke for something of that caliber

i crossed shopped these ones below

Ferrari Roma - love the lines of the Roma the best. But they wanted a 2 year wait
Ferrari Portofino - wanted the vert, but not my first choice because of the Roma. Also 1-2 year wait
Maserati MC20 - 1-2 year wait and also that v6 TT is questionable
Bentley Continental GT convertible - wife's choice, but i wasnt too keen on it
AM Vantage convertible - i almost bought this, but the interior is garbage and the wait time is still 6months - 1 year
911 - the safe choice, but actually the least interesting for me. I dont track, i dont care about outright performance, and they are dime a dozen in vancouver

So i ended up with this LC as my "fun" car and its probably the most sensible purchase out of this list of GT's.

Last edited by Badhobz; 08-09-22 at 07:40 AM.
Vitveet (09-12-22)
Old 08-09-22, 07:56 AM
355F1
Racer

Received 599 Likes on 384 Posts

Based on the photos/vids only, I really like the new MBZ SL......just not sure you'd be able to get one just yet.
Old 08-09-22, 10:30 AM
lexsc4
Instructor

Received 181 Likes on 148 Posts

The only two cars I would considered is the LC and 911.
Old 08-09-22, 10:32 AM
DonC1
Driver School Candidate

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

So my personal car history since 2007 to the present is as follows. 2007 bought my first Corvette (new) C6. At the time I assumed it would be my forever car. I never found another car I would rather have and kept it 9 years. My only wish was that I should have bought the stick as opposed to the auto trans. Got the itch in 2016 for a C7 ordered it with the 7 speed. Loved the stick for the 1st year then the novelty wore off, somehow it was not the same as 4spds of the late 60 muscle cars. Honestly I liked my C6 better. 4 years later bought a Tundra (flawless truck) still have it today but got the itch for a new C8. Got on a wait list that lasted 15 months with still no allocation. The wife wanted a new RX 350 thats when I got up close and personal with the LC in the showroom. I saved my money for the C8, I was too close to retiring and did not want a car payment.The 2022 was about 20K above my budget. Our sales guy mentioned an L/ Certified LC.. Next thing you know they got a 2019 in and I bought it before it even hit the inventory.
Love this car, it is rare and does get an extreme amount of attention. Could be my forever car who knows. As of now nothing sparks my interest.
The following 2 users liked this post by DonC1:
MLMLC52K18 (08-09-22), Vitveet (09-12-22)
Old 08-09-22, 10:40 AM
lexsc4
Instructor

Received 181 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by DonC1
So my personal car history since 2007 to the present is as follows. 2007 bought my first Corvette (new) C6. At the time I assumed it would be my forever car. I never found another car I would rather have and kept it 9 years. My only wish was that I should have bought the stick as opposed to the auto trans. Got the itch in 2016 for a C7 ordered it with the 7 speed. Loved the stick for the 1st year then the novelty wore off, somehow it was not the same as 4spds of the late 60 muscle cars. Honestly I liked my C6 better. 4 years later bought a Tundra (flawless truck) still have it today but got the itch for a new C8. Got on a wait list that lasted 15 months with still no allocation. The wife wanted a new RX 350 thats when I got up close and personal with the LC in the showroom. I saved my money for the C8, I was too close to retiring and did not want a car payment.The 2022 was about 20K above my budget. Our sales guy mentioned an L/ Certified LC.. Next thing you know they got a 2019 in and I bought it before it even hit the inventory.
Love this car, it is rare and does get an extreme amount of attention. Could be my forever car who knows. As of now nothing sparks my interest.
My wife wanted a new RX as well, but I decided that the 2023 RX is coming and might as well wait for it. Hit the showroom with her and she actually liked the NX better, smaller than her RX and seats a little lower. We are waiting for a few more months and see what happens in the car market, all the dealers here in the SF Bay Area wants $2K markup on any Hybrid except one dealer, but they do tack on some BS accessories for $700.
Old 08-09-22, 11:18 AM
MLMLC52K18
Advanced

Received 308 Likes on 228 Posts

A N O T H E R ............ O N E !
Old 08-09-22, 02:27 PM
North1Star
Pit Crew

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

You have to consider the fact that the LC is a true daily use car. The Nissan GTR is not, as an example, as it got low clearance, very high maintenance cost for a Nissan l, and no where close to the comfy ride of the LC.

The LC is hard to replace in my opinion. Looks wise I think the new 911 is well designed especially if you will go with wide body models. MBZ GT looks amazing but I assume that a facelift/new generation is on the way soon.

after all, it all depends on your budget. Some of the new entry level Ferrari’s are made for daily use, but you will pay 200k+
Vitveet (09-12-22)
Old 08-09-22, 05:33 PM
jinrsvl
7th Gear

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

The Lexus LC500, sporting a truly effective split personality, can only be replaced by TWO cars.
North1Star (08-09-22)
Old 08-09-22, 09:51 PM
dknyov
Pit Crew

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

I would only replace my LC with 2022 NSX Type S if I can find one.
Old 08-10-22, 06:00 AM
DonC1
Driver School Candidate

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by lexsc4
My wife wanted a new RX as well, but I decided that the 2023 RX is coming and might as well wait for it. Hit the showroom with her and she actually liked the NX better, smaller than her RX and seats a little lower. We are waiting for a few more months and see what happens in the car market, all the dealers here in the SF Bay Area wants $2K markup on any Hybrid except one dealer, but they do tack on some BS accessories for $700.
She has always had RX models except in 2015 she decided to get an NX. Over all she likes the larger RX ride better than the NX. But hey to each is own, they say I have my LC , I'm good
Old 08-10-22, 06:25 AM
azmojo
Instructor

Received 118 Likes on 88 Posts

Acura NSX or C8 Z06.
Old 08-10-22, 07:32 AM
LC911JEFF
Pit Crew

Received 96 Likes on 49 Posts

Replacing LC with 911 would be different driving experience.I own both and love them but LC is much more GT car.It is also more comfortable. The Porsche is AWD and handles like a go-cart. They are both great cars and can't go wrong with either.
The following 2 users liked this post by LC911JEFF:
DFW-SC430 (08-30-22), guanche2k9 (08-11-22)

Quick Reply: What Would You Replace Your LC With?