IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

anyone getting the grom vline?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-17, 02:13 PM
regeenoble
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by angelohorn
I am thinking very hard or purchasing one, strictly for the carplay feature and seems like it doesn't have as many issues. If I were to use it strictly for the carplay, would I need to have a moblie hotspot, or does it use iphone's data for nav, and music?
I use mine strictly with CarPlay and Waze. You need a hotspot for most apps on the vline, but not if you just use CarPLay. I have had my vline since December and I am a very happy customer. Outside of a few quirks, like the backup cam sometimes not coming on, the vline has been a godsend.
Old 07-11-17, 03:49 PM
Cpartipilo
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I continue to be happy with my system, however i found a new bug.

I have an 8gb USB drive plugged into the lower port of the Vline. If I'm playing music using the local music player and make a quick stop, like a gas refill, when I turn the ignition again the Vline system resumes from sleep (starts immediately) and the local music player fails to see the files in the USB drive.
I have tried every trick i know, and have not been able to get it to play again until the system sleeps for long enough that it is forced to do the boot process again.

I have yet to try a different USB drive to see if that my drive is the issue, but i believe it is a bug in the USB driver or in the local music player when resuming from sleep. Has anyone had a similar or opposite experience where the system always see the usb?
Old 07-11-17, 04:02 PM
angelohorn
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by regeenoble
I use mine strictly with CarPlay and Waze. You need a hotspot for most apps on the vline, but not if you just use CarPLay. I have had my vline since December and I am a very happy customer. Outside of a few quirks, like the backup cam sometimes not coming on, the vline has been a godsend.
Is it possible to change out the touchscreen to a newer one with better resolution?
Old 07-11-17, 04:02 PM
jadeboy
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Cpartipilo

I have an 8gb USB drive plugged into the lower port of the Vline. If I'm playing music using the local music player and make a quick stop, like a gas refill, when I turn the ignition again the Vline system resumes from sleep (starts immediately) and the local music player fails to see the files in the USB drive.
I have tried every trick i know, and have not been able to get it to play again until the system sleeps for long enough that it is forced to do the boot process again.

I have yet to try a different USB drive to see if that my drive is the issue, but i believe it is a bug in the USB driver or in the local music player when resuming from sleep. Has anyone had a similar or opposite experience where the system always see the usb?
Yes.. this is not an isolated problem.. I have this issue too. very annoying. I have not found any fix and no work around.. I have posted this problem on this thread and there has not been any response from Grom.
Old 07-11-17, 05:21 PM
newgsman
Instructor

Received 83 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Cpartipilo

I have the same problem from time to time. I downloaded a different music player from the google play site. Haven't had a chance to try it out long enough to see if it presents similar problems.

I also downloaded Maps.me and it seems to provide offline mapping. I could not seem to get offline maps working using GoogleMaps.
Old 07-12-17, 07:04 PM
Cpartipilo
Driver School Candidate

Is it possible to change out the touchscreen to a newer one with better resolution?
I think that would be nearly impossible to do, because it is not only the screen but the screen driver that is inside the control unit. I find the resolution of this screen pretty good for its size, the graphics are better with the Vline than the stock graphics.
The following users liked this post:
angelohorn (07-14-17)
Old 07-14-17, 05:56 AM
angelohorn
Driver School Candidate

Are you able to connect the unit to your iPhone acting as a hotspot?
Old 07-14-17, 07:37 AM
regeenoble
Driver School Candidate

Are you able to connect the unit to your iPhone acting as a hotspot?
Not sure if I understand the question, but you ARE able use your iphone as a hotspot (at least with Verizon). Also, you are able to use the iphone as a hotspot even when connected to CarPlay, so you can use apps on CarPlay and the vline at the same time.
Old 07-14-17, 09:51 AM
angelohorn
Driver School Candidate

Not sure if I understand the question, but you ARE able use your iphone as a hotspot (at least with Verizon). Also, you are able to use the iphone as a hotspot even when connected to CarPlay, so you can use apps on CarPlay and the vline at the same time.
I just wanted to make sure if you were using your iPhone as a hotspot the vline could connect to the signal. You answered my question. Thanks!!
Old 07-14-17, 11:29 AM
gromaudio
Vendor

Received 142 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by newgsman
I purchased the bluetooth keyboard from GROM. When I try and connect I get a message that V-line cannot communicate with the keyboard. I have been able to connect and communicate with my tablet and android phone using the same keyboard. Why does the keyboard not work with V-line?
If you have not done it yet, please contact GROM tech support for help with the keyboard. http://gromaudio.com/support.html
Thank you.

Last edited by gromaudio; 07-14-17 at 11:41 AM.
Old 07-14-17, 11:38 AM
gromaudio
Vendor

Received 142 Likes on 113 Posts

We created a series of demo videos to help set up and use VLine. They include maps (Google, Waze, Sygic, Here We Go, iGo), music plugins and music apps (Spotify, Pandora, Amazon Music, etc...), and how to(s). Please check here:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...ILrOw-7u7e66Qs
Old 07-15-17, 01:15 PM
FWizard
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Has there been a new hardware release yet for this platform?
Old 07-15-17, 07:10 PM
newgsman
Instructor

Received 83 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by gromaudio
We created a series of demo videos to help set up and use VLine. They include maps (Google, Waze, Sygic, Here We Go, iGo), music plugins and music apps (Spotify, Pandora, Amazon Music, etc...), and how to(s). Please check here:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...ILrOw-7u7e66Qs
Looking at these demos, I notice that I cannot touch and scroll on my screen. I also do not have a scroll bar on the right side of my screen as seen in several of the demos.
Anyone else have these issues. I can sometimes scroll up and down when I have a BT keyboard connected by using the up and down arrows on the keyboard, otherwise I am out of luck. There are some instances where the arrow buttons on the right side of the screen allow for scrolling but usually for pop up menus, web pages, and other embedded screens I cannot drag and scroll.
Old 07-15-17, 08:29 PM
Cpartipilo
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by newgsman
Looking at these demos, I notice that I cannot touch and scroll on my screen. I also do not have a scroll bar on the right side of my screen as seen in several of the demos.
Anyone else have these issues. I can sometimes scroll up and down when I have a BT keyboard connected by using the up and down arrows on the keyboard, otherwise I am out of luck. There are some instances where the arrow buttons on the right side of the screen allow for scrolling but usually for pop up menus, web pages, and other embedded screens I cannot drag and scroll.
Make sure you update to the latest Vbase version and latest OTA version. I was missing the scroll bar in the initial version (i purchased in the launch phase) and i got it after i updated the firmware.
Old 07-27-17, 07:52 AM
eaglclon12
Driver School Candidate

Received 16 Likes on 4 Posts

Just install my vline. It's a little glitchy at times but I'm very happy with it. I use it mostly with apple CarPlay. Is there anyway to auto hide the navigation buttons on the left when using google maps or YouTube. I want to be able to go full screen. It should be in the next update.

Quick Reply: anyone getting the grom vline?