anyone getting the grom vline?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-17, 09:54 AM
gromaudio
Vendor
CL Vendor - Starter

Received 160 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by 10lexus350
Well, back to the disappointed/regret stage. Update seems to have completely broken Bluetooth, AGAIN..... Sighhhhhhhh. 😥👿
There was no changes in A2DP. All our tests pass normally.
Any more info on issue ?
Old 05-26-17, 10:24 AM
10lexus350
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gromaudio
There was no changes in A2DP. All our tests pass normally.
Any more info on issue ?
it's doing the same thing as before. It will just disconnect after about 5 seconds.
Old 05-26-17, 10:42 AM
gromaudio
Vendor
CL Vendor - Starter

Go to DashLinq->Settings->Disconnect A2DP profile (uncheck)
Old 05-26-17, 10:50 AM
10lexus350
Driver School Candidate

Go to DashLinq->Settings->Disconnect A2DP profile (uncheck)
i can't scroll down
Old 05-26-17, 10:59 AM
gromaudio
Vendor
CL Vendor - Starter

Yes we addressed this issue in upcoming OTA. For now use any USB or BT mouse or keyboard.
Old 05-27-17, 11:46 AM
jadeboy
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Yes, we'll add Changelog showing for next OTA.
For 2.0.3.0 it was:
* GPS fixes
The update seems to make GPS worst sometimes in the first few minutes after boot up.. Neither Waze nor Google Map was able to get GPS.. but after several minutes it works fine..

Last edited by jadeboy; 05-27-17 at 05:16 PM.
Old 05-27-17, 11:50 AM
mahcah
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts

I bought this unit from when it was introduced and never updated it. I don't plan to at this rate for fear of messing up the unit.
Old 05-27-17, 01:40 PM
10lexus350
Driver School Candidate

Anyone else able to get a Bluetooth keyboard working? Mine connects but the vline won't accept any inputs from it.
Old 05-27-17, 05:10 PM
LexusinBoi
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mahcah
I bought this unit from when it was introduced and never updated it. I don't plan to at this rate for fear of messing up the unit.
I can't even remember what it was like when I got it, but there have been some solid improvements.

I never installed gapps though for the same fear.
Old 05-28-17, 10:55 AM
rselby
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i would like to get one, but have quit checking up on this as it seems there is some bugs to be worked out, any idea on when will this will be a 100% solid system.
Old 05-29-17, 06:30 AM
newgsman
Instructor

Received 95 Likes on 66 Posts

I just installed my VLine unit into my MY2012. I connected to my home WIFI but I cannot seem to install Google Maps. The Google Play site is telling me there is no compatible android devices that Maps can be installed on. Presumably it is not recognizing VLine as an Android unit. FYI I did not do any software updates yet on the unit. Everything is as it came from the factory.
Old 05-29-17, 10:17 AM
gromaudio
Vendor
CL Vendor - Starter

Originally Posted by newgsman
I just installed my VLine unit into my MY2012. I connected to my home WIFI but I cannot seem to install Google Maps. The Google Play site is telling me there is no compatible android devices that Maps can be installed on. Presumably it is not recognizing VLine as an Android unit. FYI I did not do any software updates yet on the unit. Everything is as it came from the factory.
Make sure to install Google Apps (gapps) as explained in the Manual.
Old 05-30-17, 10:29 AM
crazy_vag
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Finally got it installed, and here are my initial thoughts

1) Somewhere in this installation video (
) at around 3:40 mark, show how cables are router to the glove box. The video shows all details needed to get behind the head-unit, so annoying that this one step is missing. I ended up spending $440 on an installation that probably could've been avoided had the video been complete.
2) Microphone doesn't work. I might have to go back to the installer to see if they messed up.
3) About 1/8 times I power up the car, the unit is stuck in the bootup screen with the steering wheel going back and forth. When this happens, there's a high chance that power cycling the car will NOT fix it. The issue goes away, but in the meantime, I'm back to using stock navigation or my phone. This needs to be fixed or some work-around provided. Or maybe the software should detect that it's been trying to boot up for 5 mins.
4) Whenever I'm running Google Maps and have it navigating somewhere and switch to launch music. When I go back to Nav via the left arrow shortcut, I'm prompted whether to cancel navigation. Is there a way to jump back into maps without that prompt?
5) When you stop to get gas, navigation doesn't remember your last destination. It's probably a limitation of Android, but would be nice if there was a clever workaround a for that.
6) Need SoundCloud Plugin
7) Love CarPlay - actually, wife loves it. When Nav is in Google Maps and iPhone is plugged in, the screen gets corrupt. If you press the area where "Grom" logo is on CarPlay, graphics are restored.
8) Love that Sprint now gives you 10GB of Tethering each month for free. This couldn't have come at a better time
9) The manual says that GApps are optional. However, it would help to clarify that GApps are required for Google Maps and Navigation. I knew that GApps increase boot times, so wasn't planning on using them, but then for life of me couldn't figure out how to get the Nav button to work that's there by default.

Overall, I'm very impressed with the product. Very amazed with the design that Lexus engineers created back in 2005 that can support features we see today from Grom. The fact that touch events get pushed through and that existing volume controls draw themselves seamlessly over the Android UI is amazing. Really gotta hand it to both teams on a job well done.
Old 05-30-17, 12:27 PM
wildta
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

GPS fixes are coming in couple of days. Backup camera in Gen6 still in works. Try to shift gears slower. There is 1-2 sec delay in signals which causes VLine to take over the camera if you put in reverse too fast.
Grom's fix is to ask the customer to change their driving habits instead of fixing the software. LOL.
Old 05-30-17, 01:33 PM
crazy_vag
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Make sure to install Google Apps (gapps) as explained in the Manual.
Actually, the manual doesn't say that gapps are required for Maps. The user (as did I), thought you could get maps without gapps because the stock UI already comes with a Navigation icon. Clicking it does nothing, but perhaps it should pop up a message to say " Please install gapps to enable Google Maps" ?

Quick Reply: anyone getting the grom vline?