IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

anyone getting the grom vline?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-17, 08:10 AM
drischnie
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes. Still broken for audio through lightning cable.
its a pity
Old 10-06-17, 09:43 AM
hochiminh
Driver School Candidate

Does the grom have ipod classic connectivity? Seems as though my only options for aftermarket infotainment piggybacks have ipod classic connectivity or bluetooth, but not both.
Old 10-07-17, 08:49 AM
rehr0001
Pit Crew

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

I don't know the answer to your question, but have a question back to you. Why? If your music is on an ipod classic, just move it to an SD card or USB stick and you can use the vline to play the music using the touchscreen interface. Your ipod classic really isn't anything other than a USB storage device at this point anyway ......
Old 10-07-17, 11:28 AM
hochiminh
Driver School Candidate

That's a good question. I didn't think about it like that. Guess I'll have to spend an extra $50 for an SD card.

Related question, does anyone know what formats the vline can play? WMA, MP3, WAV? What about FLAC?
Old 10-12-17, 06:01 PM
newgsman
Instructor

Received 83 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by gromaudio
Can you make a video of the freezing ? We should have new OTA coming out next week and we do not see any freezing in our cars. It will help to narrow down the root cause.
I have never uploaded videos but here goes. In this video you will notice that there is a pop-up message (which you can't really read in the video). The unit has become unresponsive to any input. It continues to play music (you can hear it in the background) from the USB stick using the Poweramp app. The pop-up message says Dashlinq has stopped woking, although I don't use DashlinQ so I don't know why this pops up. This pop-up message happens quite regularly. I can push ok on the pop up message but nothing happens. I can try and select any other app on screen and nothing happens. The only solution for this problem is to switch out of Vline (i.e. go to FM radio) and then switch back to Vline. The unit then starts working ok.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7aj...ature=youtu.be
Old 10-12-17, 06:27 PM
newgsman
Instructor

Received 83 Likes on 56 Posts

Here is another video where the unit has suddenly switched to vertical lines mode. The unit continues to operate and my android musice player app is still playing music. I can also switch music songs using the steering wheel or OEM track switch buttons but obcisously I can't do anything onscreen. I can switch out to the OEM DVD player and the the video is fine. Similarly I can switch to the radio and it works fine also. When I switch back to Vline (using the USB switch) the screen remains in the vertical lines mode. The only way out of this is to turn the car off and wait for everything to reset. I can speed up the process by pulling out the connectors at the back of the Vline unit when the car is off.

Old 10-12-17, 07:06 PM
eaglclon12
Driver School Candidate

Received 16 Likes on 4 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by newgsman
I have never uploaded videos but here goes. In this video you will notice that there is a pop-up message (which you can't really read in the video). The unit has become unresponsive to any input. It continues to play music (you can hear it in the background) from the USB stick using the Poweramp app. The pop-up message says Dashlinq has stopped woking, although I don't use DashlinQ so I don't know why this pops up. This pop-up message happens quite regularly. I can push ok on the pop up message but nothing happens. I can try and select any other app on screen and nothing happens. The only solution for this problem is to switch out of Vline (i.e. go to FM radio) and then switch back to Vline. The unit then starts working ok.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7aj...ature=youtu.be
when the screen looks fine and everything is working, but screen is not responsive, try hitting the audio button instead of toggling between sources. It’s quicker. It only does that when you shift into reverse and the backup camera comes on. Some how when you put it in drive after reversing the nav will switch back to vline but vline still thinks it’s in reverse that why it’s not responding. By hitting audio button it syncs it back. So just hit audio button it’s quicker.
Old 10-13-17, 05:04 AM
drischnie
Driver School Candidate

@gromaudio:

We should have new OTA coming out next week
Any news about that? And will CarPlay work with iOS 11 with this coming update?
Old 10-13-17, 09:03 AM
gromaudio
Vendor

Received 142 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by drischnie
@gromaudio:
Any news about that? And will CarPlay work with iOS 11 with this coming update?
There was slight delay with DashLinq. We plan on releasing it upcoming Monday and OTA 2-3 days later. Not much progress on understanding what is wrong with CarPlay. We will get to it after OTA and LEX6 fixes
Old 10-13-17, 09:05 AM
gromaudio
Vendor

Received 142 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by newgsman
Here is another video where the unit has suddenly switched to vertical lines mode. The unit continues to operate and my android musice player app is still playing music. I can also switch music songs using the steering wheel or OEM track switch buttons but obcisously I can't do anything onscreen. I can switch out to the OEM DVD player and the the video is fine. Similarly I can switch to the radio and it works fine also. When I switch back to Vline (using the USB switch) the screen remains in the vertical lines mode. The only way out of this is to turn the car off and wait for everything to reset. I can speed up the process by pulling out the connectors at the back of the Vline unit when the car is off.
Yes we see the issue and it seems different from backup camera problem. Will get to it next week. Should be resolved by end of next week.
Old 10-21-17, 02:35 AM
ALK
Advanced

Received 133 Likes on 108 Posts

Yes we see the issue and it seems different from backup camera problem. Will get to it next week. Should be resolved by end of next week.
Any ETA on VL2 for LS 460 . I am on stand by. I want to ask if it is possible to ingrate a front camera port in the future ?
Old 10-21-17, 02:43 PM
s2kjer
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Waiting....
Old 10-24-17, 05:59 PM
DaveAlbz
Driver School Candidate

So after using a vehicle with Android Auto I decided to investigate getting one into my 2008 IS250. After reading all the posts, I want the Vline - however given the speed issues, am thinking will wait until either the new version comes out with faster processor, or it integrates Android Auto to use my phone for the grunt work.

Hopefully I don't have to wait too long!
Old 10-26-17, 11:52 AM
tripp03
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Any word in regards to Apple car play? So far, I’m not able to use it as it only plays music through the iPhone only...
i believe an update was to be pushed weeks ago but that’s the last I heard of it.
Old 10-27-17, 07:24 AM
robertrios
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am waiting on Apple Car Play, if anyone wants classic ipod/iphone connectivity I have two VML+ from Vais one being brand new that I could let go for cheap.

Quick Reply: anyone getting the grom vline?