IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

anyone getting the grom vline?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-17, 12:56 PM
wildta
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by s2kjer
I just updated and I am getting random freezing when I am at the launcher.
The only way I can unfreeze it is to switch to a different input and then go back.... WTF GROM??
Definitely don't update as I think it made the software even worse because of the freezing. I am experiencing same freezing issue. Also for Android users, HeadUnit Reloaded no longer works with this new update (tried both ports, tried factory reset) so forget about using Android Auto from your phone and casting it to your Vline using the HeadUnit Reloaded app. I will say it seems to boot up quicker.

Edit: Got Wi-Fi to work with HeadUnit Reloaded but not USB which is too bad because USB is a lot easier, just plug and play.

Last edited by wildta; 09-29-17 at 12:00 AM.
Old 09-28-17, 01:25 PM
drischnie
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

carplay works now, but its the same on my car/vline: carplay yes, but no sound with ios11 ... :-( have to usw bluetooth for the sound but thats not nice
Old 10-01-17, 02:02 AM
10lexus350
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jadeboy
I confirmed this also happened to me. I am surprised they didn't catch this in testing.
I can also confirm this is happening to me. I'm happy that the back up camera works great now though.
Old 10-01-17, 04:45 PM
newgsman
Instructor

Received 83 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by jadeboy
I confirmed this also happened to me. I am surprised they didn't catch this in testing.
Yeah, this thing is becoming a major disappointment. Here os a list of things that happen randomly in no particular order or frequency. Every day is a day waiting for any one or more of these events.
1) unit will just freeze
2) sometimes displays vertical lines while frozen
3) sometimes there will be no sound at all
4) sometimes the screen will just go blank
5) still somewhat sketchy with the bloototth
6) randomly pops up with dashlinq failure, even though I don't use dashlinq

The frustrating thing about all this is that sometimes the thing actually does what it's supposed to be doing and it is kind of nice to see the various apps like Google Maps, PowerAmp, and stuff work. I even got the voice search on Google Maps working which is a whole lot better than the 10000 voice commands you have to give out just for a measly address when using the Lexus Nav unit.
It's just crazy how every time I go to show off this Vline unit to my friends the thing decides it's time for a crap and rolls over and plays dead...
There's more than a couple of people who were interested in this but not so much with all of the random issues.
Old 10-02-17, 11:46 PM
wildta
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by newgsman
I even got the voice search on Google Maps working which is a whole lot better than the 10000 voice commands you have to give out just for a measly address when using the Lexus Nav unit.
My "OK Google" voice assistant worked quite well prior to this recent update--I'd guess about 85-90% accuracy (with air vents on) when asking what song to play, who to call, where to navigate, what's the weather, who to text along with message, etc. Now that I've updated it, the accuracy is about 20-25% (even with air vents off... so very quiet in the car). Something really affected the mic's ability to pick up sound with this new update.
Old 10-03-17, 10:21 AM
unagijimbo
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Google Maps

Does anyone else have an issue with Google Maps force closing when navigating? I don't know if it is because I am in a city and there is a lot of data being pushed through or what, for what it's worth, I have not done the most recent update.

Is it working better for anyone who has updated than it was before the update?
Old 10-04-17, 10:59 AM
gromaudio
Vendor

Received 142 Likes on 113 Posts

1) unit will just freeze
Can you make a video of the freezing ? We should have new OTA coming out next week and we do not see any freezing in our cars. It will help to narrow down the root cause.
The following users liked this post:
s2kjer (10-04-17)
Old 10-04-17, 01:01 PM
s2kjer
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by gromaudio
Can you make a video of the freezing ? We should have new OTA coming out next week and we do not see any freezing in our cars. It will help to narrow down the root cause.
Grom, I have identified the freezing as more of a non responsive touch screen. This consistently happens then I cycle out of reverse into park or drive. The only way I can get the screen to respond again is to switch the input to another source and then back to the Vline. Please fix, this is a new bug that popped up since you fixed the camera behavior.
Old 10-04-17, 02:53 PM
eaglclon12
Driver School Candidate

Received 16 Likes on 4 Posts

Grom, I have identified the freezing as more of a non responsive touch screen. This consistently happens then I cycle out of reverse into park or drive. The only way I can get the screen to respond again is to switch the input to another source and then back to the Vline. Please fix, this is a new bug that popped up since you fixed the camera behavior.

im having the same issue as well. Instead of switching sources I hit the audio button it’s quicker.
The following users liked this post:
s2kjer (10-04-17)
Old 10-04-17, 08:07 PM
jadeboy
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I have replicated this problem:

1. Let Grom Vline fully boot.
2. Set from "Park" to "Reverse" as stated by s2kjer (I'm running Waze while doing this).
3. Set to "Drive", the touchscreen will become non-responsive.
4. Click on the "Audio" twice button as stated by eaglclon12, the touchscreen will become responsive again.
Old 10-04-17, 09:05 PM
newgsman
Instructor

Yes, now that I think about it, this is similar to my experience. Sometimes when I shift out of reverse, the screen no longer accepts input. I have also experienced the totally blank screen syndrome. When the screen goes blank the unit continues to be operating as my music app (PowerAmp app) continues to play music.
Old 10-04-17, 09:07 PM
newgsman
Instructor

Originally Posted by gromaudio
I'll try and do this on the weekend
Old 10-05-17, 05:54 AM
unagijimbo
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Yes, now that I think about it, this is similar to my experience. Sometimes when I shift out of reverse, the screen no longer accepts input. I have also experienced the totally blank screen syndrome. When the screen goes blank the unit continues to be operating as my music app (PowerAmp app) continues to play music.
Mine does this periodically, the fix I found when the screen goes blank is to shift to reverse and then back to drive, should clear it right up.

Also, when the touch screen goes unresponsive, cycling power off then back on clears this up for me.

These are just a few of the quirks that are more of a minor inconvenience than anything else.
Old 10-05-17, 02:09 PM
drischnie
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone checked carplay with the new iOS 11.0.2 Update ?
Old 10-05-17, 08:40 PM
rehr0001
Pit Crew

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by drischnie
anyone checked carplay with the new iOS 11.0.2 Update ?
yes. Still broken for audio through lightning cable.

Quick Reply: anyone getting the grom vline?