anyone getting the grom vline?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-17, 03:23 PM
tripp03
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Waze

Howdy fellas,

I've been reading thru the entire post although I'm unable to find step by step instructions for enabling waze. If someone could please post, I would be eternally grateful.

Thanks everyone.
Old 05-30-17, 04:40 PM
crazy_vag
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tripp03
Howdy fellas,

I've been reading thru the entire post although I'm unable to find step by step instructions for enabling waze. If someone could please post, I would be eternally grateful.

Thanks everyone.
I use Google Maps, but try the following:
1) Install V-Line
2) Settings --> About --> Update to Latest Software
3) Settings --> About --> Enable GApps
4) Repeat #2 if needed
5) You should now have a working Google Play App.
6) Install Waze
7) Click on the settings icon for the launcher to set the app for Navigation - this will enable the "arrow icon" to take you to Waze... (so I think)
Old 05-31-17, 07:11 PM
newgsman
Instructor

Received 79 Likes on 55 Posts

I installed google maps but I can't figure out how to save off line maps. On my android phone there is a menu option to save maps, there does not seem to be the same on the VLine installation of google maps.
Old 06-02-17, 02:36 PM
crazy_vag
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by newgsman
I installed google maps but I can't figure out how to save off line maps. On my android phone there is a menu option to save maps, there does not seem to be the same on the VLine installation of google maps.
I don't have this option either, but I haven't installed an SD Card yet. Do you have on installed?
Old 06-02-17, 04:29 PM
specONE
Racer

Received 487 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by crazy_vag
I don't have this option either, but I haven't installed an SD Card yet. Do you have on installed?
Maybe try to plug a Mouse in to see if you can scroll down? Maybe the Offline Maps option is off the display screen?
Old 06-03-17, 01:24 PM
newgsman
Instructor

So I installed a new MicroSD card and it seems that I now have a download option available but...

When I try and save a map area I am unable to do a pinch/zoom/drag to select the map area that I want to save. In fact there is no working pinch and zoom feature on the display. This is very disappointing since the whole point of having a touch screen is to avoid having a mouse. Actually I don't even know if a mouse would help as I haven't tried one.
Old 06-03-17, 01:45 PM
s2kjer
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

So I installed a new MicroSD card and it seems that I now have a download option available but...

When I try and save a map area I am unable to do a pinch/zoom/drag to select the map area that I want to save. In fact there is no working pinch and zoom feature on the display. This is very disappointing since the whole point of having a touch screen is to avoid having a mouse. Actually I don't even know if a mouse would help as I haven't tried one.
Sorry, pinch and zoom is not built into the Lexus hardware. Someone brought that up earlier in the thread. Nothing Grom can do about that.
Old 06-04-17, 07:46 AM
newgsman
Instructor

Thanks for the info, Anyone know if an external track pad would help
Old 06-04-17, 08:50 AM
AlexSweISF
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

aight, so finally pulled the thumb out my *** and installed this ( bought it on the releasesale ) the installation was straight forward, mounted in the glovebox, BUT I have a major problem, all works except for the volume, at MAX it plays like its on maybe vol 20.. cant adjust anywere, also the soundquality is worse than a boombox from the 70s.
anyone had this problem?
Old 06-04-17, 11:04 AM
10lexus350
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AlexSweISF
aight, so finally pulled the thumb out my *** and installed this ( bought it on the releasesale ) the installation was straight forward, mounted in the glovebox, BUT I have a major problem, all works except for the volume, at MAX it plays like its on maybe vol 20.. cant adjust anywere, also the soundquality is worse than a boombox from the 70s.
anyone had this problem?
Go into settings>sound and notifications. Then turn up media volume.
Old 06-04-17, 11:05 AM
10lexus350
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the info, Anyone know if an external track pad would help
i can't even get a Bluetooth keyboard to work...
Old 06-04-17, 12:37 PM
AlexSweISF
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 10lexus350
Go into settings>sound and notifications. Then turn up media volume.
already did that.
Old 06-08-17, 03:56 PM
wildta
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by AlexSweISF
already did that.
And you've turned up the volume on both your phone and the GROM system?

I've had issues with my volume as well. It will fluctuate for no reason and the GROM system will randomly attenuate the media volume so I have to go back into settings to adjust to max. It's really odd and buggy. This is after numerous factory wipes of the GROM system after each major update they've rolled out.
Old 06-08-17, 05:18 PM
newgsman
Instructor

I was using the "Local Music" app to play music off my USB stick and then switched to the FM radio to listen to a news station. When I switched back the Vline unit would not output any sound at all. This unit is really starting to disappoint. Tried turning the power on and off a few times and still nothing.

I also notice that when using the "Local App" there is now way to adjust the fader/balance or the DSP audio settings. There is the built in equaliser feature but no fader or balance control. Another disappointment.
Old 06-10-17, 09:37 AM
gromaudio
Vendor

Received 140 Likes on 111 Posts

I was using the "Local Music" app to play music off my USB stick and then switched to the FM radio to listen to a news station. When I switched back the Vline unit would not output any sound at all. This unit is really starting to disappoint. Tried turning the power on and off a few times and still nothing.
Make sure to update everything via OTA to the latest version. If still see the issue, check with our support.
I also notice that when using the "Local App" there is now way to adjust the fader/balance or the DSP audio settings. There is the built in equaliser feature but no fader or balance control. Another disappointment.
I would suggest checking Manual and our FAQ page:
http://gromaudio.com/support/vl1-faq.html
Functionality->How can I adjust fader/balance ?

Quick Reply: anyone getting the grom vline?