IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Weapon in Lexus

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-12, 10:43 PM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheRyanGS
Thank you...I know I wasn't drunk when I found this information out....about once u have a CCW it can be ready accessible..."point n shoot"
No IT CANT. With a CCW all that you are exempt from is having it "securely enclosed", even with a CCW the weapon must STILL be concealed...

Old 08-24-12, 05:42 AM
iRyan
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Vroomin350
No IT CANT. With a CCW all that you are exempt from is having it "securely enclosed", even with a CCW the weapon must STILL be concealed...

Concealed yes...meaning out of sight to the open eye..but it can be in point n shoot status...meaning u can pick it up n shoot...whether it be pulling it from ur waist or from under your bag or under ur mat...you don't have to pull snap or load or any of that other stuff....
Old 08-24-12, 05:58 AM
Z06Boricua
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheRyanGS
Concealed yes...meaning out of sight to the open eye..but it can be in point n shoot status...meaning u can pick it up n shoot...whether it be pulling it from ur waist or from under your bag or under ur mat...you don't have to pull snap or load or any of that other stuff....
Exactly, the point here is that there are no "steps" that need to be followed. Even if you don't have a CWFL, you can still have a loaded pistol in your center console right next to you unholstered, as long as the console has a lid that needs to be opened. If it's one of those open consoles without a cover or lid, then it will need to be in a snapped holster, zippered pouch, or closed box. If the console has a lid, then it meets the "securely encased" criteria and doesn't also have to be in a snapped holster or zipped pouch or anything like that. The same goes for if you place it under the passenger's seat. You can have an unholstered weapon under the passenger's seat as long as it's not "readily accessible" to you. But again, there are no steps that need to be followed. The law says NOTHING about steps!

Jose
Old 08-24-12, 06:04 AM
4wheelin
Rookie

I think you guys are arguing semantics. To some, opening a lid is a "step".
Old 08-24-12, 08:17 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,297 Posts

Guys lets take the state specific rule wrangling to pm and get this thread back on topic about weapon storage in a 2is
Old 08-24-12, 09:28 AM
jpsilvia
Rookie

I Keep a Taurus Judge in the door pocket...

Originally Posted by CCJ22
^Sucks your government makes you have front plates
Actually its now optional to have front plates in Texas
Old 08-24-12, 11:42 AM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Z06Boricua
Exactly, the point here is that there are no "steps" that need to be followed. Even if you don't have a CWFL, you can still have a loaded pistol in your center console right next to you unholstered, as long as the console has a lid that needs to be opened. If it's one of those open consoles without a cover or lid, then it will need to be in a snapped holster, zippered pouch, or closed box. If the console has a lid, then it meets the "securely encased" criteria and doesn't also have to be in a snapped holster or zipped pouch or anything like that. The same goes for if you place it under the passenger's seat. You can have an unholstered weapon under the passenger's seat as long as it's not "readily accessible" to you. But again, there are no steps that need to be followed. The law says NOTHING about steps!

Jose
If this isn't a 2step procedure then I dont know what is.
Old 08-24-12, 01:07 PM
NoLFA4U
Driver

Originally Posted by stasis3131
Lmao at tactical...gimmie a break 95 percent of people with guns have no idea of what tactical means except of call of duty. The element of surprise is always in favor of the aggressor not the guy defending themselves. But to each it's own....just protect yourself the best way you know how.
You're right. Only 5% of gun owners know how to use them. That's a really intelligent assumption to make.

People who open carry, want people to know they are carrying a gun.

I don't want anyone to know I am carrying a gun. Its better that way.

Last edited by NoLFA4U; 08-24-12 at 01:11 PM.
Old 08-24-12, 11:45 PM
stasis3131
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by NoLFA4U
You're right. Only 5% of gun owners know how to use them. That's a really intelligent assumption to make.

People who open carry, want people to know they are carrying a gun.

I don't want anyone to know I am carrying a gun. Its better that way.
Pulling a trigger is a easy thing to do against paper. Knowing how to use a weapon in the heat of the moment and your heart is racing is another thing. I challenge any person that hadn't been in the military or law enforcement to take a tactical weapons coarse where you get shot with rubber bullets. Even though they aren't lethal it's a totally diffenent ball game when somebody is shooting back and you really have to use tactical skills. And that's what I mean by 95 percent of people have no idea how to really use them. You can shoot paper all day that's just practicing , shooting in the field or exercises against real people is training . Not ragging anyone at all. I just recommend that all gun owners actually take some type of live fire training coarse. There are tons of them available here in tx .
Old 08-25-12, 04:27 AM
SteveCraig
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by reyoasian
Canadian here....................my face is like :O
Mine too...........!
Carrying a personal handgun is so far removed from my daily life it's akin to talking about going to Mars for a weekend trip. No offence intended in any way but we just don't have the need or the desire to carry a gun in Canada.
Old 08-25-12, 06:12 AM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by stasis3131
Pulling a trigger is a easy thing to do against paper. Knowing how to use a weapon in the heat of the moment and your heart is racing is another thing. I challenge any person that hadn't been in the military or law enforcement to take a tactical weapons coarse where you get shot with rubber bullets. Even though they aren't lethal it's a totally diffenent ball game when somebody is shooting back and you really have to use tactical skills. And that's what I mean by 95 percent of people have no idea how to really use them. You can shoot paper all day that's just practicing , shooting in the field or exercises against real people is training . Not ragging anyone at all. I just recommend that all gun owners actually take some type of live fire training coarse. There are tons of them available here in tx .
are you even talking about the same thing anymore?

There is nothing else to it, ask a cop, ask a marine, a navy seal, whoever you want. The truth is no matter what, you are ALWAYS better off having the element of surprise on your side.

I dont think nolfa4u ever said it would be an easy situation being under fire.
Old 08-25-12, 06:16 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,297 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Guys lets take the state specific rule wrangling to pm and get this thread back on topic about weapon storage in a 2is
Another request to get back on topic please.
Old 08-25-12, 11:50 AM
don
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You guys and your fancy guns, this is where I put my weapon

Not many places to put it though.
Old 08-25-12, 12:02 PM
LaVaism
Pole Position

@don that's awesome, might be a bit hard to use though.

I think I am going to go with the magnet on the side. Going to see if I can cut a hole and have the magnet sticking out of the carpet area, so it looks clean. Plus it will still be very close if I should ever need it. I figure my leg will be blocking the view so it is still concealed, worse case scenerio I can just attach a piece of cloth over it.