IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Recall --- $500 gift card thread, MERGED POSTS

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-10, 01:05 PM
Myis350RWD
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recall --- $500 gift card thread, MERGED POSTS

Just found this out recently and I didn't received anything but some free gas and car wash, since I had the valve spring recall fixed like 3 months ago.

Well, I just called Lexus and being told that I should received mine in about 2-3 weeks.

If not, call 1-800-872-5398 (You should call Lexus first)

Okay, Wish me luck and everybody's luck !!!
Old 12-30-10, 04:51 PM
SlickRSM
Pole Position

Why are u receiving a $500 gift card because you had the recall done on your car? Needs some clarification
Old 12-30-10, 05:30 PM
Nellyhx
Pole Position

I actually got an email from Longo Lexus that says that I'd get a complimentary extended powertrain warranty or a $500 gift card if i had already purchased a warranty after i do the valve spring recall.

This is a copy and paste from the email i received

"As a gesture of appreciation, Lexus is offering a $1500.00 certificate exclusively to owners of affected vehicles that can be applied towards the purchase or lease of any NEW Lexus. There is also a complimentary powertrain extended warranty available to you if you do not have one or a $500.00 gift card if you previously purchased an extended service agreement. Please ask one of our sales or service consultants for further details. "
Old 12-30-10, 06:39 PM
Nothnghead
Pit Crew

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

I bought my IS350 after it was totaled 3 years ago. I've never had any warranty, did not do the valve spring recall and, in fact, have not had any work done at the dealership beyond getting a broken window replaced. I just received the complimentary $500 card in the mail this week, activated it over the phone and already spent half at sewellpartsonline for replacement maintenance parts. There has not seemed to be any strings attached to this offer (card only, no new purchase discount).
Old 12-30-10, 07:24 PM
edgeucated
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

so can anyone confirm why you are receiving a $500 giftcard? from the previous posts, it seems like it is because they bought an extended warranty of some sort
Old 12-30-10, 09:14 PM
600rr05
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i haven't rec'd anything like this at all. Edgeucated i think its just Lexus's giving back to the customers since there has been quite a bit of recalls.
Old 12-30-10, 09:48 PM
Imnutz4jdm
Lexus Test Driver

is this just for 350s' or also 250s???
Old 12-30-10, 11:29 PM
brociouz
Uber 1337 Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

^ Just 350s, and the consensus seems to be that if you had an extended warranty or bought your car CPO you get the $500 gift card in addition to the $1,500 toward a new Lexus because it would be unfair for everyone else to get an extended warranty for free while others paid for it up front.
Old 12-31-10, 07:13 AM
ecr527
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by brociouz
^ Just 350s, and the consensus seems to be that if you had an extended warranty or bought your car CPO you get the $500 gift card in addition to the $1,500 toward a new Lexus because it would be unfair for everyone else to get an extended warranty for free while others paid for it up front.
This is not true!!! I bought my IS brand new and do NOT have an extended warranty and I received both the $1500 voucher and $500 gift card. One thing I am wondering about though is that everyone is saying that this card can only be used towards the purchase of Lexus parts etc. Is this true? The letter enclosed says it CAN be used towards the purchase of parts. Nowhere does it say it HAS to be. It's a Visa gift card, so I would assume you can use it anywhere that takes Visa. Has anyone tried this??
Old 12-31-10, 07:20 AM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ecr527
This is not true!!! I bought my IS brand new and do NOT have an extended warranty and I received both the $1500 voucher and $500 gift card. One thing I am wondering about though is that everyone is saying that this card can only be used towards the purchase of Lexus parts etc. Is this true? The letter enclosed says it CAN be used towards the purchase of parts. Nowhere does it say it HAS to be. It's a Visa gift card, so I would assume you can use it anywhere that takes Visa. Has anyone tried this??
It's branded as a Lexus Loyalty Card, so I'm not sure how you are going to use it elsewhere.
Old 12-31-10, 11:06 AM
Nothnghead
Pit Crew

It says it needs to be used at a point of sale terminal. people on here (can't remember whom) have tried to use them at other POS terminals besides the dealership and have been declined. I know it works online at Sewell's site and i'll try a non-lexus site later and see what I come up with. Again, I did not buy my 350 new nor CPO and did not buy any kind of warranty. In fact, mine was a salvage so I have no warranty coverage at all. Indeed, it seems as if this is just a big apology from Lexus for all the bad press and recall tempting people to try other brands.
Old 12-31-10, 11:27 AM
Nothnghead
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Nothnghead
It says it needs to be used at a point of sale terminal. people on here (can't remember whom) have tried to use them at other POS terminals besides the dealership and have been declined. I know it works online at Sewell's site and i'll try a non-lexus site later and see what I come up with. Again, I did not buy my 350 new nor CPO and did not buy any kind of warranty. In fact, mine was a salvage so I have no warranty coverage at all. Indeed, it seems as if this is just a big apology from Lexus for all the bad press and recall tempting people to try other brands.
Just tried at Backcountry.com and DECLINED. It appears these cards can truly be used only at Lexus dealers.
Old 01-01-11, 04:08 PM
brociouz
Uber 1337 Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ecr527
Has anyone else without a CPO or extended warranty confirmed they received the $500? Perhaps you just got lucky.
Old 01-01-11, 05:10 PM
jbjones85
Lexus Test Driver

I purchased the extended warranty and got the "extended powertrain" even though I already had the extended coverage. I guess its time to call lexus and see what the deal is.
Old 01-05-11, 09:04 AM
xology
Driver School Candidate

I just got my car a few weeks back, is there a way to see if any of these recall's were performed by the previous owner (e.g. enter in your vin number somewhere)?

Quick Reply: Recall --- $500 gift card thread, MERGED POSTS