Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2022 and up NX hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the NX Hybrid models. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other 2nd generation NX models.

Any recommendation for NX350h

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-23, 05:49 PM
ryanlee923
3rd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Any recommendation for NX350h

Hi guys,

I am getting a 2023 NX350h as my first car, are there any recommendations for a new driver? I am struggling to get a proper Car mat and Car Cam, it seems so many options and I have clues what to choose. Thank you so much guys!!
Old 02-23-23, 06:50 PM
romer
Intermediate

Received 143 Likes on 99 Posts

First--congrats on your first car! You're off to a great driving beginning. My first car was a used 1961 MERCURY COMET...3 SPEED ON THE COLUMN. Your question in part depends on how much you want spend on things like floor mats, etc. I always get Tuxmats for the front rows. These days you can actually get Lexus mats for less than other after market brands. Personally the all or mostly rubber mats are too heavy and not easy to clean. Tuxmats never have to be removed for cleaning which is one reason I like them. The camera question can be better answered by others on this site. Lots of very knowledgeable people participate here. Stay tuned.
The following users liked this post:
GW350H (02-23-23)
Old 02-23-23, 08:41 PM
harper7
Pit Crew

Received 65 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by ryanlee923
Hi guys,

I am getting a 2023 NX350h as my first car, are there any recommendations for a new driver? I am struggling to get a proper Car mat and Car Cam, it seems so many options and I have clues what to choose. Thank you so much guys!!
Congrats on your first car being a Lexus! I have the rubber Lexus all weather mats and the fit is perfect. You need to look into anti theft stuff like a garage or old fashioned Club as I think Ontario is the NX theft capitol of the world.
@LSFT did a review of the FitCamx and what I'm looking to buy. Here is his video review...

Last edited by harper7; 02-23-23 at 08:47 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by harper7:
GW350H (02-23-23), LexNYC83 (02-28-23)
Old 02-23-23, 08:42 PM
LStoneX
Intermediate

Received 219 Likes on 154 Posts

Hi guys,

Your best option for mats are from Lexus directly. The all weather mats that came with my NXh are fantastic. Very durable and sturdy through our Canadian winters (I've had since June '22) and really easy to clean. I'm not sure any aftermarket options will have better fitment.

For a dashcam, there's several threads that have discussed the issue ad infinitum. Check those out

Here: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-...-dash-cam.html

And here: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-...use-panel.html

And here:​​​ ​​​​https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es-...-hardwire.html

The following 2 users liked this post by LStoneX:
Doug007 (02-24-23), GW350H (02-23-23)
Old 02-23-23, 09:09 PM
GW350H
Rookie

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Congrats! Also in the same boat with dash cams but still looking too lots of options though. Our NX is the first vehicle where I didn't get WeatherTech mats for it because it came optioned out with all-weather floor mats. I settled for it since I didn't want to wait and buy another redundant set from WeatherTech, although they do the job and are nice with the NX branding. I like the WeatherTech mats/floor liners because they are more rigid and they make cleaning/scrubbing a breeze. The OEM Lexus all-weather ones have really deep ridges and are more pliable so when removing them they can be very flimsy, and the material definitely has more rubber in it so dust and other fine particle seem to stick on it more versus the WeatherTech's material. Can't go wrong with either though and anything is better than the carpet ones. There might be other alternatives too on Amazon, bought Husky before for my parents car and see other floorliner type brands out there but WeatherTech is my go to. Enjoy the NX!

Oh also gloss through the manuals/documentation if you have time especially if this your first car / new driver, there's a TON of features, and there was a thread here on it.

Last edited by GW350H; 02-23-23 at 09:12 PM.
Old 02-23-23, 09:26 PM
ryanlee923
3rd Gear

Truly thanks all of you, I really learned a lot from you guys. For the dash cam, I am thinking Thinkware as a lot of people say it is a very good one. Also, I am living in a condo so do I really need a wheel lock for my car, but I indeed worry about getting stolen. Any extra advice for a beginning driver, really appreciates it!
Old 02-23-23, 09:35 PM
romer
Intermediate

Received 143 Likes on 99 Posts

One driving item I always encourage is, and not just for new drivers, please use your turn signals. They are a communication to other drivers of your intentions. This isn’t just for new drivers since far too many drivers don’t seem to realize this safety feature came equipped on their vehicle.
GW350H (02-23-23)
Old 02-23-23, 09:37 PM
ryanlee923
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by romer
One driving item I always encourage is, and not just for new drivers, please use your turn signals. They are a communication to other drivers of your intentions. This isn’t just for new drivers since far too many drivers don’t seem to realize this safety feature came equipped on their vehicle.
Completely agree, it makes it a lot safer when everyone follows it!
LStoneX (02-23-23)
Old 02-23-23, 10:17 PM
LStoneX
Intermediate

Received 219 Likes on 154 Posts

Truly thanks all of you, I really learned a lot from you guys. For the dash cam, I am thinking Thinkware as a lot of people say it is a very good one. Also, I am living in a condo so do I really need a wheel lock for my car, but I indeed worry about getting stolen. Any extra advice for a beginning driver, really appreciates it!
Since you're in Canada, I believe your car comes with a wheel lock. If on the other hand, you meant a steering wheel lock, ultimately it's up to you. I didn't get one for myself and I'm not planning to. Your preference may differ. I'm in BC, and while there's auto theft here, it's not nearly as prevalent as i the GTA and environs. Also, in a sea of daily driven Porsches, Audis, Mercs and BMWs, Jags, Range Rovers, the occasional Lambo, Ferrari or McLaren, no one is going to be paying attention to my puny Lexus. Vancouver is awash with so many high value cars that the chances of someone trying to steal my car is really low. And if it does get stolen, while it'll be a bummer, and the hassle of insurance paperwork can be crazy, it's still no big deal ultimately.

Life's too short to get worked up about too much😁

As for Thinkware, it's a great brand. Like many other dashcam, premium or otherwise, I firmly believe the higher trims are way overpriced for the functionality you get. I have the F200 Pro; it's dual channel stop, with 2K revising and a decent field of view. Ticks all the necessary boxes. I can't justify spending a mini fortune on something that is just going to sit there. I installed mine early in July '22 shortly after I got my car. Aside from the first couple of days when I was excited about installing it and checking the recorded footage, I have never checked any recording footage again. Is it working as expected? Yes, it never fails to remind me anytime I start up or turn it off.🤣😜 Also, I got a really good deal on it and it only cost me about $80CAD of my own money😜

Ultimately, the choice is yours and you're the one to decide what you want. Whatever you choose to go with, that's the right choice.

Last edited by LStoneX; 02-23-23 at 10:22 PM.
Old 02-24-23, 06:17 AM
JasDmw
Advanced

Received 230 Likes on 158 Posts

My NX replaced our RX that was stolen from Park N Fly at YYZ this past December. I have a club like device, one with a combination lock instead of a key. Keeps everything keyless. I am also trying to get an immobilizer installed. I'm wating for a local dealer for the AutoWatch Ghost II to be certified. I live about 2 hours from the current closest dealer, the new one will be less than an hour away.

The car comes with wheel locks. It also comes with 2 sets of floor mats, carpets for summer and rubber/plastic for winter. Those are more than adequate. I purchased the trunk liner, which is the same plastic material as the winter mats in the rest of the car, from the Lexus dealer. They are 3 parts now, one big flat one for the trunk floor and 2 for the backs of the rear seats. Just adds a level of protection for the stuff you might carry back there.

I also have the FitCamX dash cam. Had it on my RX, it's great. Installation for front only is a breeze, no one can tell it's there as you replace a factory plastic housing that surrounds the sensors in the windshield by the rear view mirror with an identical piece with the camera mounted inside. Very clean look and works well. I ordered mine with the rear camera this time and am waiting for warmer weather to do the installation.

You should also invest in a set of winter tires mounted to dedicated wheels. I've done that for my last 3 cars and one of the benefits is I've never replaced any tires during the time of ownership, typically 6+ years (except when the car is stolen!). You also get a bit of a discount on your insurance plus of course the benefit of having proper tires for traction in winter! The cost is easily offset by avoiding only 1 trip into the ditch or into another vehicle.
Old 02-24-23, 08:36 AM
andys1548
Driver

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by JasDmw
My NX replaced our RX that was stolen from Park N Fly at YYZ this past December. I have a club like device, one with a combination lock instead of a key. Keeps everything keyless. I am also trying to get an immobilizer installed. I'm wating for a local dealer for the AutoWatch Ghost II to be certified. I live about 2 hours from the current closest dealer, the new one will be less than an hour away.

The car comes with wheel locks. It also comes with 2 sets of floor mats, carpets for summer and rubber/plastic for winter. Those are more than adequate. I purchased the trunk liner, which is the same plastic material as the winter mats in the rest of the car, from the Lexus dealer. They are 3 parts now, one big flat one for the trunk floor and 2 for the backs of the rear seats. Just adds a level of protection for the stuff you might carry back there.

I also have the FitCamX dash cam. Had it on my RX, it's great. Installation for front only is a breeze, no one can tell it's there as you replace a factory plastic housing that surrounds the sensors in the windshield by the rear view mirror with an identical piece with the camera mounted inside. Very clean look and works well. I ordered mine with the rear camera this time and am waiting for warmer weather to do the installation.

You should also invest in a set of winter tires mounted to dedicated wheels. I've done that for my last 3 cars and one of the benefits is I've never replaced any tires during the time of ownership, typically 6+ years (except when the car is stolen!). You also get a bit of a discount on your insurance plus of course the benefit of having proper tires for traction in winter! The cost is easily offset by avoiding only 1 trip into the ditch or into another vehicle.
I just always assumed people that own winter tires have them mounted on separate rims to begin with. Surprised there’s people out there that pay to have them mounted and balanced as each season approaches. Paying the extra money to have mounted and balance will easily buy you a set of steel rims in the long run
Old 02-24-23, 08:52 AM
JasDmw
Advanced

Received 230 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by andys1548
I just always assumed people that own winter tires have them mounted on separate rims to begin with. Surprised there’s people out there that pay to have them mounted and balanced as each season approaches. Paying the extra money to have mounted and balance will easily buy you a set of steel rims in the long run
I have a neighbour, not a car guy, who didn't know about winter wheels for his winter tires for the first 4 years of owning his Audi A3. We all know what assume means, eh!