GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Inporting Contacts From Blackberry Z10?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-13, 07:29 PM
Leonard15
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Inporting Contacts From Blackberry Z10?

Hi guys I have a 2009 GS 350 and I just got a new phone the Blackberry Z10 and I connected the bluetooth but I can't seem to inport the contacts from the new phone into the contacts for my car? My old blackberry storm did it automatically but this new one doesn't do it? Is there anything I need to know?
Old 08-22-13, 07:54 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

It needs to be in a certain format, and you send it from your phone to the system.

You have to export your contacts in a CSV format. From there you sync into your car and upload it through that.... It's been a while so someone correct me if I am wrong.
Old 08-23-13, 07:40 AM
Leonard15
Rookie

So how do you sync your contacts? I got the cell phone store to transfer my contacts from my old blackberry storm to the Z10 phone and the contacts are all in my new phone so what else do I need to do with the new phone?
Old 08-23-13, 03:48 PM
jamodeo

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Leonard15
So how do you sync your contacts? I got the cell phone store to transfer my contacts from my old blackberry storm to the Z10 phone and the contacts are all in my new phone so what else do I need to do with the new phone?
Did you delete the contacts out of your car? They will still be there even though you changed phones.

-Joe
Old 08-23-13, 08:12 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Yup! exactly what joe said..... you should still be able to keep ur contacts although transferring phones.

-To send it, you "export to CSV" (I do it through Gmail since my contacts are synced on gmail..... google gmail contacts).

-To put it on the car, you do a file transfer from your phone to your car...... it would be a sync contacts or something on your car, and send the file (CSV) like you would any normal file transfer from your phone.

GL, and hope this clarifies things.
Old 08-26-13, 05:48 AM
Leonard15
Rookie

Originally Posted by jamodeo
Did you delete the contacts out of your car? They will still be there even though you changed phones.

-Joe
Yes I deleted the old contact list as I thought I was supposed to do so.
Old 08-26-13, 05:49 AM
Leonard15
Rookie

Originally Posted by XxGoKoUxX
Yup! exactly what joe said..... you should still be able to keep ur contacts although transferring phones.

-To send it, you "export to CSV" (I do it through Gmail since my contacts are synced on gmail..... google gmail contacts).

-To put it on the car, you do a file transfer from your phone to your car...... it would be a sync contacts or something on your car, and send the file (CSV) like you would any normal file transfer from your phone.

GL, and hope this clarifies things.
Can you link me to a website that shows me how to export to CSV as I am not familiar with that type of thing.
Old 08-26-13, 09:56 PM
XxGoKoUxX

apparently your phone is very problematic in that category... It was BB's biggest flaw for that phone lol.

If possible, can you go back to your old phone and grab the contacts off of that? If you can't.... I would try this....

And please don't quote me on this as for 1, I do not own a BB Z10, and 2, I haven't done a contact transfer since I first owned the car:

1. Create a Gmail account
2. Have your Blackberry Z10 Sync all the contacts onto the gmail account. (Refer to this site for details, preferably post #7 for reference: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ntacts-778891/ ).
3. After all your contacts from your blackberry has synced to THAT email address..... Go to the following website: https://www.google.com/contacts/#contacts, Login and select which contacts you want to put in the address book #1 and #2 (remember, the car has limits to how many phone #S you are allowed to have).

4. AFTER selecting the contacts you want by CHECKING them,

Hit the "More" button, hit "Export", hit "okay"

5. Now you've got the CSV file, hopefully this is where you upload it to the car.

I would try to "send file" from blackberry to the car, if that does not work.... You're just SOL and need to use a legit android phone to do your transfers.

GL OP!
Old 08-27-13, 11:47 AM
Leonard15
Rookie

Originally Posted by XxGoKoUxX
apparently your phone is very problematic in that category... It was BB's biggest flaw for that phone lol.

If possible, can you go back to your old phone and grab the contacts off of that? If you can't.... I would try this....

And please don't quote me on this as for 1, I do not own a BB Z10, and 2, I haven't done a contact transfer since I first owned the car:

1. Create a Gmail account
2. Have your Blackberry Z10 Sync all the contacts onto the gmail account. (Refer to this site for details, preferably post #7 for reference: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ntacts-778891/ ).
3. After all your contacts from your blackberry has synced to THAT email address..... Go to the following website: https://www.google.com/contacts/#contacts, Login and select which contacts you want to put in the address book #1 and #2 (remember, the car has limits to how many phone #S you are allowed to have).

4. AFTER selecting the contacts you want by CHECKING them,

Hit the "More" button, hit "Export", hit "okay"

5. Now you've got the CSV file, hopefully this is where you upload it to the car.

I would try to "send file" from blackberry to the car, if that does not work.... You're just SOL and need to use a legit android phone to do your transfers.

GL OP!
Actually yes I do have the old contacts stored in my Blackberry Storm but since the phone is de-activated would my car still be able to sense the contacts from it like it initially did when the phone was active e.g. when I could answer/make calls & texts etc.?
Old 08-27-13, 07:55 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Yes it can good sir..... as long as the contacts are still on the phone, it can sync and send your contacts over there.

It'll save you a lot more headache in the end, as the stupid new system is still bugged for some reason (the z10's BB OS that is).

Have you updated your OS yet? I read up that the only bugs on that phone are contacts and sending over contacts via sync.