GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Smart Card Key Programming

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-11, 12:25 PM
Sewell
Parts Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HamBurglar
Darrel, Any update on Smart Card compatibility for 2006-2007 GS's? Thanks.
Nothing to update - we've been unsuccessful in all our attempts to get a card to work with the early GS models. We are dropping this endeavor

Darrel
Old 06-24-12, 05:30 PM
FLYCT

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

[quote=CAK 500;6196299]
Originally Posted by Sewell
Try not to lump the GS owners into just one group. It is only the 2006-2007 GS do we remain to experience difficulty. The 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011 GS's Smart cards work just as they're expected.

There's a new phrase that needs to be introduced - similar to to the commonly expressed "FCC ID number". The phrase is "language code".

Open your key fob as if you were replacing your battery. Once opened, flip over the green computer board and see the 4 digit number located in the upper right hand corner. Chris, you should have a '0140' while other GS owners will see a 3370. It is this language code that must match - not necessarily the FCC ID number. Key fobs and smart cards amongst the various models will have different language codes. Some are different while some will be shared. In some cases, one fob may work for another as much as one smart card might be used for another (they're interchangeable in some cases).

Yep .... 0140 for me. Hopefully a "cure" will be discovered soon!
ALL,

This is getting interesting.

I just had 2 smart cards programed for my 2012 CT. I was hoping that the same card could be used for my 08 Avalon so that I only would have to carry a single card to operate either car i drove. Well i just opened my Avalon FOB and the top row the numbers are the same as in your picture, 271451-0140 10/12

I guess I'm SOL If there is no solution for language code 0140.

JR

Last edited by FLYCT; 06-24-12 at 05:37 PM.
Old 06-24-12, 07:10 PM
tucker21
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what is the point of the smart card for cars that already have keyless entry and go?
Old 06-24-12, 08:07 PM
FLYCT

Originally Posted by tucker21
what is the point of the smart card for cars that already have keyless entry and go?
Well sometimes it gets complicated and some of us are just Geeks.

I have 4 cars with remotes, and 2 homes with Alarm systems and cameras. * I never carry any keys with me and don't like selecting the proper FOB. *

To enter a home I use either homelink remote from any of my cars or use remote digital keypad mounted on the wal by the garage door open the garages *When house power is out I have a key for each house hidden in each car. *

2 of the cars have proximity keyless entry and START BUTTONS.*
The other 2 cars have key pads on the doors or require PUSH BUTTON FOBS for entry and old style keys to start them.

I have a "Garage Buttler" devices on each home to close the Garage door if I forget. *

Also in my wallet s a proximity card to access secure airport area.*

I have multiple *IP cameras in each home so I can monitor from anywhere. Works great to confirm that the Garage door is closed after driving *away.

When the dog barks or the doorbell rings I bring up a camera on my iPad to see who is lurking.*

I have remote WIFI Thermostat controlled via iPhone to monitor temp and adjust HVAC in each home from anywhere in the world.*

I can use my iPhone or iPad to control any DVR, Thermostat or camera from my bedside or anywhere else.*

The alarm systems in both homes are remotely controllable from any smart phone, Internet connection or iPad.*

I always have my wallet with me so having smart card makes things a little more simple.
Old 06-24-12, 09:19 PM
DarkStar12
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a reminder....be careful with the homelink in Toyota vehicles. A lot of these cars allow homelink to continue to be functional, even if the car is off and keys are away. So if your car is parked in front of your house...God forbid someone breaks in and tries the homelink...your garage door may indeed open!
Old 06-24-12, 09:56 PM
FLYCT

Originally Posted by DarkStar12
Just a reminder....be careful with the homelink in Toyota vehicles. A lot of these cars allow homelink to continue to be functional, even if the car is off and keys are away. So if your car is parked in front of your house...God forbid someone breaks in and tries the homelink...your garage door may indeed open!
Homelink operates the same no matter what brand car it's installed in. Rarely is there a car in our driveways. They are normally always in the Garage.

Every time garage opens we get chime in the house. If we are not home alarm sends a text for every event. Then the camera motion and IR sensor triggers the camera to send images to iPhone and offsite ftp server. See, I said I was a geek..

Once someone breaks into a home in Florida the castle doctrine allows homeowner liberal use of firearms.
Old 06-24-12, 10:33 PM
tucker21
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FLYCT
Well sometimes it gets complicated and some of us are just Geeks.

I have 4 cars with remotes, and 2 homes with Alarm systems and cameras. * I never carry any keys with me and don't like selecting the proper FOB. *

To enter a home I use either homelink remote from any of my cars or use remote digital keypad mounted on the wal by the garage door open the garages *When house power is out I have a key for each house hidden in each car. *

2 of the cars have proximity keyless entry and START BUTTONS.*
The other 2 cars have key pads on the doors or require PUSH BUTTON FOBS for entry and old style keys to start them.

I have a "Garage Buttler" devices on each home to close the Garage door if I forget. *

Also in my wallet s a proximity card to access secure airport area.*

I have multiple *IP cameras in each home so I can monitor from anywhere. Works great to confirm that the Garage door is closed after driving *away.

When the dog barks or the doorbell rings I bring up a camera on my iPad to see who is lurking.*

I have remote WIFI Thermostat controlled via iPhone to monitor temp and adjust HVAC in each home from anywhere in the world.*

I can use my iPhone or iPad to control any DVR, Thermostat or camera from my bedside or anywhere else.*

The alarm systems in both homes are remotely controllable from any smart phone, Internet connection or iPad.*

I always have my wallet with me so having smart card makes things a little more simple.
i notice you said you control several different HVAC systems with your ipad.
would it be possible to control the HVAC in the GS with the ipad?

if that was possible i could replace the OEM head unit with an ipad and retain HVAC functionality.
this would be awesome.
Old 06-24-12, 11:17 PM
Brabusx2
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by tucker21
i notice you said you control several different HVAC systems with your ipad.
would it be possible to control the HVAC in the GS with the ipad?

if that was possible i could replace the OEM head unit with an ipad and retain HVAC functionality.
this would be awesome.
LOL, what for... reaching ur finger to the climate control is much faster and safer, unless you mean get your car AC going before you get in, then viper alarm has that function... i heard.. not sure for 3GS, but i do have WIFI thermostat in my house as well, realllly useful, i cool down my house right before i get off work so by the time i get home house is all cool down... stupid vegas weather..

and please... please please, update for the key card plz!! i really wanted one.. is it really thin enough to throw in my wallet?
Old 06-25-12, 06:39 AM
worker
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Sewell
This is what happens when we all try to make other accessories work on models to which they were never intended. All we can do is keep trying
well said buddy.
Old 06-25-12, 07:12 AM
DarkStar12
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Homelink operates the same no matter what brand car it's installed in. .
Actually, it operates the same, but in some (if not many) other brands the homelink is inoperable without the ignition key.
Old 03-03-13, 02:50 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by *Batman*
That's interesting. I have found three dealerships who got it right on the first attempt, and only one of them had programmed a smart card before. The first was Lexus of Roswell in Atlanta (programmed my parents car), the other two were Lexus of Kendall and Lexus of North Miami which programmed my car.

I wonder if there is indeed some complication with the 2007 models. Our cars are 08 and 09.
im going to order a smart card in the next few weeks i think for my es350 07
im probably going to go over to Lexus of North Miami after school one day and have them do it
what did they charge you for the service to program it ?
Old 03-03-13, 05:09 PM
FLYCT

Originally Posted by ThumperPup
im going to order a smart card in the next few weeks i think for my es350 07
im probably going to go over to Lexus of North Miami after school one day and have them do it
what did they charge you for the service to program it ?
I had Lexus of Pembroke Pines program 2 for my CT200h, I bought them on eBay for $242, and it came from Lexus of North Miami which is owned by same owner as Pembroke Pines.

N.Miami sells lots of stuff on eBay but I don't see a Smart Card for your ES350. Send them an email va eBay and see if they will sell one to you. http://stores.ebay.com/Lexus-of-Nort...p2047675.l2563

Pembroke programed it for $60. They had problems and the parts guy at N.Miami helped them via phone. It ended up being a dead battery in the new Smart Card.

FYI, card did not Coe with key. Pembroke ordered a key cut it for me for about $25 if I remember correctly.
Old 03-03-13, 05:18 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 60 Posts

I had Lexus of Pembroke Pines program 2 for my CT200h, I bought them on eBay for $242, and it came from Lexus of North Miami which is owned by same owner as Pembroke Pines.

N.Miami sells lots of stuff on eBay but I don't see a Smart Card for your ES350. Send them an email va eBay and see if they will sell one to you. http://stores.ebay.com/Lexus-of-Nort...p2047675.l2563

Pembroke programed it for $60. They had problems and the parts guy at N.Miami helped them via phone. It ended up being a dead battery in the new Smart Card.

FYI, card did not Coe with key. Pembroke ordered a key cut it for me for about $25 if I remember correctly.
ok cool thanks i was going to order the smart card from sewell for 255 with the forum discount
and the key they have the smart card master key is 55 plus cutting
but ill see what i can get North miami lexus to charge me for it 60 is not bad for programing i would have thought it would have been more being a lexus and there usual hourly rates they charge around here seem to be 159 to 170 an hour
Old 03-03-13, 08:01 PM
FLYCT

Originally Posted by ThumperPup
ok cool thanks i was going to order the smart card from sewell for 255 with the forum discount
and the key they have the smart card master key is 55 plus cutting
but ill see what i can get North miami lexus to charge me for it 60 is not bad for programing i would have thought it would have been more being a lexus and there usual hourly rates they charge around here seem to be 159 to 170 an hour
$60 for one key programming seems like the norm in South Florida, at least 4 months ago. talked Pembroke into programming 2 smart cards for my CT for the $60 flat rate. Being i bought it from their sister company at N.Miami Lexus they had no issue programming them.

As far as cost went, Pembroke and JM both wanted $60 for one and $99 for 2. I have a place in Sarasota and Wilde Lexus in Sarasota quoted $60 to progrram one key FOB and $99 for 2 or more fobs for my SC430. When I asked if they would do 3 FOBS for $60 they agreed. Once the computer is set up it only takes 2 more minutes to do additional fob programing.

Wilde Lexus would only program a brand new OEM Lexus FOB purchased from a Lexus dealer on original packaging. JM was reluctant to program anything that they did not sell me.

As I said previously send an eBay request to N.Miami for a Smart Card for your ES. The guy that sells through eBay is separate from the normal parts department.

Whoever programs your Smart Card FOB make sure you bring all your Fobs with you.

JR
Old 11-28-16, 01:44 AM
samsonn25
Intermediate

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Is it possible to program a 2013 or newer GS450h FOB to a 2007 model car? The newer remote is more square, and the butons larger.

Even is the frequencies are different, shouldnt the car ecu still be able to read it and add to the acceptable database for permissions?