Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2020 Cadillac XT6

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-19, 01:05 AM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

I like it a lot. It's subtle, clean, and modern. No crazy Cadillac shapes or lines marring the body. As I have been saying for ages, Caddy needed to ditch the old-fashioned vertical headlights, and it finally has. Such an improvement. And thank God no USPS mail truck taillights.
If there is a weak spot, it's the plain jane greenhouse. Just about every other SUV in this class adds something interesting to the pillars.
Haven't seen any straight-on photos of the dash yet. I'm not a fan of any of the other XT dashes, and this doesn't appear to be much better.
Overall, I can see this selling very well. It's an SUV worthy of a proper name, not the generic XT moniker that gets lost and builds zero character.

Old 01-16-19, 07:29 AM
rogerh00
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

I see Cadillac also unvealed a concept of their upcoming EV suv with the XT6 at the Detroit show. Can't wait to see this one.

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/c...02195374493765
Old 01-16-19, 08:14 AM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Saw it at the show this week and it's closer to the GMC Acadia (shorter version of the Traverse/Enclave platform). But really no big improvements over the Acadia Denali. Was able to pick up my mother a fully loaded Acadia Denali for just over $40K from a $52-53K MSRP. Don't know how Cadillac can push the XT6 much higher than the GMC, even with some unique exterior sheetmetal and interior. I wouldn't be surprised if they have an eventual XT7 be the longer version with the Traverse/Enclave. Or if they're trying to protect Escalade a bit by not getting too close in size.

The XT4 also debuted a different center stack with some more physical buttons for HVAC, etc, but the XT6 doesn't have that, seemed odd.
Old 01-16-19, 08:36 AM
highrev6
Lead Lap

Received 87 Likes on 70 Posts

The XT6 is GM’s attempt to enter the 3row luxury crossover segment. Unfortunately it fails at bringing anything new to the table. GM didn’t even bother to stuff their transversely mounted LF3 410hp bi-turbo V6 from the XTS in the engine bay. The styling looks as if debuted in 2016 not 2020. The interior from the looking of the photos looks low rent for a vehicle that will probably cost $70k loaded. I can’t believe I heard journalist say this will compete against the X7, Q7, XC90 and Mercedes GLS. This vehicle is a gussied up GMC Acadia at best. It will only sell because people like SUV’s and luxury SUV’s are trending vehicle to buy. Their isn’t a single unique feature offered on the XT6 that isn’t already offered on the Traverse, Acadia, XT5 and Enclave the exception being the genuine wood/carbon interior.

Old 01-16-19, 10:01 AM
evident
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 62 Posts

Another uncompetetive GM product if you ask me... the Lincoln looks way nicer.
Old 01-16-19, 10:31 PM
oldcajun
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by rogerh00
I see Cadillac also unvealed a concept of their upcoming EV suv with the XT6 at the Detroit show. Can't wait to see this one.

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/c...02195374493765
Looks like another Cadillac fail. Big on future talk but short on details. This will be blown out of the water by the new Audi and Mercedes electric offerings. GM is rushing toward another bankruptcy but this time taxpayers won't bail them out.
Old 01-17-19, 07:05 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by oldcajun
Looks like another Cadillac fail. Big on future talk but short on details.
Not sure I agree. Cadillac does manage to sell SUVs, although there's no question that the CT6 has been a flop.

GM is rushing toward another bankruptcy but this time taxpayers won't bail them out.
Might (?) be some truth to that statement. Marry Barra, by closing all the sedan plants, has managed to anger a LOT of politicians of both parties, both in the U.S. Congress and the Canadian Parliament, not to mention both Trump and Trudeau. I cannot ever remember a more negative government reaction to the actions of an auto manufacturer, and I've been following the industry since the 1960s. I don't see an immediate bankruptcy for GM (their trucks and SUVs are simply too popular, and will keep them propped up). But, if one, for any reason, does come, it's going to be Lights-Out for them....as you note, there's going to be almost zero sympathy for them this time.

This will be blown out of the water by the new Audi and Mercedes electric offerings.
One of GM's stated goals is to put more research and development into pure-electrics. I'm not a fan of pure-electrics myself, but there is indeed a growing market for them with those buyers who have regular access to charging facilities.
Old 02-22-19, 12:29 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by highrev6
The XT6 is GM’s attempt to enter the 3row luxury crossover segment. Unfortunately it fails at bringing anything new to the table. GM didn’t even bother to stuff their transversely mounted LF3 410hp bi-turbo V6 from the XTS in the engine bay. The styling looks as if debuted in 2016 not 2020. The interior from the looking of the photos looks low rent for a vehicle that will probably cost $70k loaded. I can’t believe I heard journalist say this will compete against the X7, Q7, XC90 and Mercedes GLS. This vehicle is a gussied up GMC Acadia at best. It will only sell because people like SUV’s and luxury SUV’s are trending vehicle to buy. Their isn’t a single unique feature offered on the XT6 that isn’t already offered on the Traverse, Acadia, XT5 and Enclave the exception being the genuine wood/carbon interior.

Saw this at the show on Wed. This new model is going to be D.O.A. This is a real failure by Cadillac IMO. This model should of been the fresh new design and future direction for Cadillac.
Old 02-22-19, 01:01 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts

It looks alright.
Old 02-22-19, 09:46 PM
MattyG
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Lincoln's doing a better job on these types of vehicles than Cadillac. Cadillac is still doing this stupid alphabet soup naming scheme and stuck on the weird creased edge styling. Lincoln's gone the other way and named their SUVs and is basically oozing Range Rover with their styling.
Old 02-23-19, 07:26 AM
rogerh00
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by MattyG
Lincoln's doing a better job on these types of vehicles than Cadillac. Cadillac is still doing this stupid alphabet soup naming scheme and stuck on the weird creased edge styling. Lincoln's gone the other way and named their SUVs and is basically oozing Range Rover with their styling.
really? Nautilus, Corsair, Aviator, those are awful. I like the creased styling. I suppose you put BMW and MB in the same category, i.e. stupid alphabet.
Old 02-23-19, 12:29 PM
Bob04
Pole Position

Received 157 Likes on 116 Posts

It's built on the Traverse/Enclave platform and will have the same 3.6 V6 and the same 9-speed auto. Nothing more than a repackaged Traverse.
Old 02-23-19, 05:15 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,380 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob04
It's built on the Traverse/Enclave platform and will have the same 3.6 V6 and the same 9-speed auto. Nothing more than a repackaged Traverse.
exactly, why it’s hardly worthy of being a Cadillac.
Old 02-23-19, 05:40 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

Looks inspired by the new thin bezel Santa fe. Interior is not impressive from the pictures, but if your a Caddy fan, I guess this wont really drive you away.

Old 02-23-19, 05:53 PM
signdetres
Racer

Received 870 Likes on 502 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob04
They even look pretty similar. What a poor decision all around on Cadillac's part.

Quick Reply: 2020 Cadillac XT6