Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

GT-R (official Spec-V thread) Autoexpres review vid added

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-08, 01:28 PM
MrBruin09
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MR_F1
so then why compare the GT-R to more expensive cars?
because it is fast and can perform well...that being said, GT-R or LF-A isn't a Lambo or a Enzo, and isn't in the same league period!
Old 04-09-08, 01:30 PM
MrBruin09
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by cherplex
Well I think the GT-R is giving cars outside of it's price range a run for their money hence all the different price range comparisons. This has been going on for years, remember the old Nissan Altima and Maxima commerials?
this makes sense..and for the price it is incredible!!!!
Old 04-09-08, 02:03 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by adam8065
because it is fast and can perform well...that being said, GT-R or LF-A isn't a Lambo or a Enzo, and isn't in the same league period!
Its the Italian pixie dust right?

I've seen the vids of the V10 in the LF-A. And 1sicklex was right, the stuff they are throwing into the LF-A will put it in that league, or at least close to it. The handling is already there obviously, the body is carbon fiber, has a target weight of 2800lbs, runs an NA high-rpm V10, and has exotic looks to boot. Believe all you want that the LF-A won't be comparable to a Lambo. Thats the SAME attitude the BMW/Mercedes dorks had with Lexus back in 1989. Claims of "soul" and magic pixie dust You guys and your pixie dust Are you guys the same ones that says it takes 1000hp to get to 200mph?

This thread is funny though. Comparing a heavily modified version of the GTR as king of the ring to a stock LFA. LOL. If you like to hate on Lexus so much, it makes me wonder why you guys even bother posting here.
Old 04-09-08, 02:09 PM
Hil
Lexus Fanatic

damnn that gtr is awesome. i just wish it was better looking
Old 04-09-08, 02:25 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bean

I've seen the vids of the V10 in the LF-A. And 1sicklex was right, the stuff they are throwing into the LF-A will put it in that league, or at least close to it. The handling is already there obviously, the body is carbon fiber, has a target weight of 2800lbs, runs an NA high-rpm V10, and has exotic looks to boot. Believe all you want that the LF-A won't be comparable to a Lambo. Thats the SAME attitude the BMW/Mercedes dorks had with Lexus back in 1989. Claims of "soul" and magic pixie dust You guys and your pixie dust Are you guys the same ones that says it takes 1000hp to get to 200mph?

This thread is funny though. Comparing a heavily modified version of the GTR as king of the ring to a stock LFA. LOL. If you like to hate on Lexus so much, it makes me wonder why you guys even bother posting here.
x100
Old 04-09-08, 02:37 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by leedogg
Because the GTR v spec wont compete with or eat into LF-A's sales right?
Go to Pep boys and put some more stickers on your car. You didn't even read what I wrote, I started the thread and I love the GT-R and V-spec. You just want to argue and debate and you have NO POINT.

No where am I comparing the two, they are 2 drastic approches to supercar performance. Heck I can only speculate what the LF-A will do, the GT-R is currently in PEOPLE'S GARAGES.

I am not going to turn this into a GT-R vs LF-A pissing match, which is EXACTLY what you want to do.

Please, bait elsewhere.

I think every vehicle in this class is incredible and to pick one over the other is about preferences. None of us here can probably exploit these cars best abilities for 7+ minutes on a track

The GT-R is just STUPENDOUS for the money and the times it is accomplishing. It is simply amazing.

As for the LF-A, it is a different approach, more pure and it will cost more money. Also the LF-A is smaller than a 911, the GT-R is pretty huge.

Old 04-09-08, 02:39 PM
TLe2006
Lexus Champion

Since LF-A has luxury and performance in one package it should be competing with Ferrari 599 and not ENZO.
Old 04-09-08, 02:42 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with all that you said except this part. The GT-R V-Spec is not just a heavily modified version of the GT-R, but a STOCK production car just like the LF-A, or at least that's what they're going to be. It's not like the supercharged M3 CSL that recently ran the 'Ring in 7:22.8. We're talking about apples to apples, production road cars to production road cars here, not some tuner special or race-spec'd monsters that do not have to abide to various emission/safety laws and production constraints.

Last edited by XeroK00L; 04-09-08 at 02:54 PM.
Old 04-09-08, 02:42 PM
LexFather

I BELIEVE the target for the LF-A is the F430......

The LF-A is a VERY small car, tidier than a 911. In contrast the Enzo is huge and the 599 is a 4 seater and even bigger.

Old 04-09-08, 02:46 PM
TLe2006
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
I BELIEVE the target for the LF-A is the F430......

The LF-A is a VERY small car, tidier than a 911. In contrast the Enzo is huge and the 599 is a 4 seater and even bigger.
It looks huge in the pic so i thought it goes against 599 besides i don't think the rear seats will fit anyone.
Old 04-09-08, 07:22 PM
MrBruin09
Lexus Test Driver

Your right I hate lexus so much that I drive one..sorry I don't think Lexus can do no wrong and every car they make or are making is the greatest thing in the world..Yeah, I would definitely if I had a choice take LF-A over an Enzo or a Lambo because Ferrari and Lamborghini have horrible traditions for making supercars!

Last edited by MrBruin09; 04-09-08 at 08:12 PM.
Old 04-09-08, 08:03 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

The car is simply amazing. And what you get for the price is incredible. Maybe the GTR could run that time, but I'm not taking their word for it, What I want to know is if a production GTR is capable of achieving that same level of performance?? That still remains to be seen as no production cars have hit the Nring yet, just a bunch of times "claimed" by Nissan. The suspension was probably tuned for days on end, pumping the most amount of power they can get out of this engine without breaking it, maybe on slicks etc etc. Just to many variables for me to believe that these times are valid. I'll wait for a third party test and base my conclusions on that. As others have said in the past, the Nring times seems to be more about marketing than anything else now and every car manufacturer is in on it.

And to top it all off this time of 7:25 is reported by "bystanders standing trackside"

Tomorrow, Chevy will report a time of 7:05 (from bystanders standing trackside) in its brand new ZR1 and everyone will flip head over heels. lol
Old 04-09-08, 09:43 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by leedogg
Hopefully before the Spec-V comes out huh? lol

as far as I'm concerned, the spec V is more of a reality right now than the LFA. The base GTR model is real, and we know the spec V will only improve upon it, whereas I dont even know if the LF-A can beat the base GTR model right now...(hell, I dont even know if the LF-A is for sure...) And yes, I was also getting tired of all the 'wait until the LF-A comes out, it will blow the GTR away' comments....
So is the Spec-V out right now? How can you be sure the production Spec-V will be able to run a lap of 7:25? Fact is you don't. As for the LF-A comments, don't be silly. If you're not sure the LF-A is even coming, you've probably been living under a rock or you're simply baiting for an argument that's just not going to happen.

The LF-A is DEFINITELY coming. You can choose to accept that, ignore it, it's up to you. That doesn't change the fact the car is coming.

Originally Posted by adam8065
no offense but you don't actually believe that the LF-A is suppose to compete with the Ferrari Enzo, do you?
I don't know that for sure nor am I willing to believe anything at this point. The rumour is that Lexus wants the LF-A to be faster than an Enzo. I simply am stating that rumour.

I must also point out the 7:24 time that was set by an LF-A mule did not even have production bodywork.
Old 04-09-08, 10:40 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

The GTR is a joke, anyone could put $30-40K into a cheap car around $20-30K car and have it run those lap times and still be of the same quality build. Performance is not everything which the GTR fan boys keep on pointing out, there is more to it which the other cars in this performance class are providing which the GTR is not.
Old 04-09-08, 11:02 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dave600hL
The GTR is a joke, anyone could put $30-40K into a cheap car around $20-30K car and have it run those lap times and still be of the same quality build. Performance is not everything which the GTR fan boys keep on pointing out, there is more to it which the other cars in this performance class are providing which the GTR is not.
ORLY... anyone? How about giving us just one such example?

Quick Reply: GT-R (official Spec-V thread) Autoexpres review vid added