Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

GT-R (official Spec-V thread) Autoexpres review vid added

Old 04-09-08, 07:48 AM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wonder what kind of tires it running?
Old 04-09-08, 08:08 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EZZ
The best part is that people will FINALLY stop comparing it to cars that haven't come out yet. "Yeah, well the ZR1, LF-A, GT2, NSX, blah blah blah will be faster." Well, it isn't so can we move on now
Well the Spec-V isn't out either, so what's your point? Before you say the Spec-V is definitely coming, so is the LF-A.
Old 04-09-08, 08:20 AM
leedogg
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
Well the Spec-V isn't out either, so what's your point? Before you say the Spec-V is definitely coming, so is the LF-A.
Hopefully before the Spec-V comes out huh? lol

as far as I'm concerned, the spec V is more of a reality right now than the LFA. The base GTR model is real, and we know the spec V will only improve upon it, whereas I dont even know if the LF-A can beat the base GTR model right now...(hell, I dont even know if the LF-A is for sure...) And yes, I was also getting tired of all the 'wait until the LF-A comes out, it will blow the GTR away' comments....
Old 04-09-08, 08:33 AM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 227 Likes on 170 Posts

My point is that you and everyone else wasn't comparing to the Spec-V...you were comparing to the base GTR which is OUT and the LF-A is still a concept. Well, since the LF-A isn't faster, nor is the ZR1 or the Zonda or the whatever, can we please not say it
Old 04-09-08, 09:54 AM
marshmallo
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The VSpec drubs the GT-R by a much wider margin than I expected

This sets the bar even higher for future super cars.
Old 04-09-08, 10:45 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

This is awesome!!
Old 04-09-08, 10:54 AM
TJW98LS
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Ok I think we have an ultimate car for under $100,000 here.

Thats insane
Old 04-09-08, 11:19 AM
MrBruin09
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Unlikely with the LF-A, given that Lexus aims to compete with cars like the Enzo, rather than the GT-R. The Enzo is in another class than a GT-R. As for the NSX, I wouldn't be surprised.

no offense but you don't actually believe that the LF-A is suppose to compete with the Ferrari Enzo, do you?

Last edited by MrBruin09; 04-09-08 at 11:24 AM.
Old 04-09-08, 11:24 AM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by adam8065
no offense but you actually believe that the LF-A is suppose to compete with the Ferrari Enzo, do you?
i know that wasn't directed to me but I think maybe, maybe not. There has to be a reason it is being kept back so long, and for frivolous purposes such as getting the aerodynamics right to get it over 350km/h .... `
Old 04-09-08, 11:40 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

two interesting things:

1. if you look at the first photo, the nissan engineers taped the german license plate to the GT-R.

2. if you check the sidebar autoblog articles the v-spec GT-R wasn't the only one making an appearance @ nurburgring; the camaro SS prototype was there too.

you could say that the chevy guys were probably there to hand the "bang for the buck supercar" title to the GT-R...
Old 04-09-08, 11:41 AM
MrBruin09
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MR_F1
i know that wasn't directed to me but I think maybe, maybe not. There has to be a reason it is being kept back so long, and for frivolous purposes such as getting the aerodynamics right to get it over 350km/h .... `

well, unfortunately comparing a car that is going to be around $120,000 to the rarest and most expensive ferrari is laughable. I don't care how fast the LF-A would be, compare it to cars in it's price range.
Old 04-09-08, 11:53 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

LF-A comparing with the Enzo? I doubt this was on Lexus' mind. Hypercars are on a different level than supercars. That's just wishful thinking.
Old 04-09-08, 11:56 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

well, unfortunately comparing a car that is going to be around $120,000 to the rarest and most expensive ferrari is laughable. I don't care how fast the LF-A would be, compare it to cars in it's price range.
Well I think the GT-R is giving cars outside of it's price range a run for their money hence all the different price range comparisons. This has been going on for years, remember the old Nissan Altima and Maxima commerials?
Old 04-09-08, 12:08 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

so then why compare the GT-R to more expensive cars?
Old 04-09-08, 12:39 PM
okcfunky
Pole Position

After riding around in an Enzo and hearing that Italian opera at full song; it's an entirely different class.

I'm helping my father pick out a few new car, and this very discussion of super cars vs. hyper-car There are super cars, and there are hyper cars.

Super-car: Doesn't care what it looks like. Performs phenomenal, distinct appearance and poise. Turns heads
Synonym: Awesome

Hyper-car: Performance also phenomenal, but it is art, from sound, textures, appearance, road feel, to the driving dynamics. Turns heads and can be placed in a museum.
Synonym: Euphoric

There comes a point where things beyond performance come into scope.

I'm *drooling* over the V-spec, there's only a few things I'd change and I'm waiting to see feedback on a few factors and it would immediately replace my Z06.

A super-car kicks ***, plain an simple, and the V-spec will efficiently do it.

Long live this competition before the EPA and gov't kills it all.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GT-R (official Spec-V thread) Autoexpres review vid added