Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

L-tuned, Daizen, Sportivo sway, opinions requested

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-03, 09:05 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Default ltuned set-up and sways

can someone who really has the daizens sways for gs 400 please post truthfully their opinion of the bars in terms of performance and road feel

can someone who really has the trd sportivo (the white bars) give me their honest opinion of that bar.

i need to get one and both are going to take alittle time to get since daizens have been pulled to be refinished ( i am alittle concerned that every time i contact daizen directly they wont even give me a time frame when the bars will be ready) and the sportivo have to be ordered.

and last question , someone who has the stcok springs , which shocks did you use to give just alittle more control the ltuned , which i believe are kyb or bilsteins or tokic

can someone who really has the ltuned spring and shock set comment honestly no fluff on how the car rides , i need a honest opinion if it still feels like oem or what

i really need honest real world opinions from people who have these items
Old 02-17-03, 09:30 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,411 Posts

LexforLife:

I am adjusting the title of your thread to more accurately reflect what you are looking for... opinions on a variety of suspension parts.

By the way, if you use the search feature you will find most, if not all, of the answers you are looking for. I strongly suggest you try it - it works much better than the 'cover everything' type of question you have here.

In response to your 'truthful' and 'honest' requests... I don't think anyone here is going to give you a dishonest opinion.
Old 02-17-03, 09:47 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,411 Posts

Using search I found the following posts that answer most of your questions in less than 5 minutes.

TRD Sportivo Sways

Daizen and TRD Sportivo Sways

Recent update on Daizen cosmetic finish issue

I don't recall reading that anyone on CL has a set of the Daizen's actually installed yet?

L-tuned suspension comments. It does NOT feel like OEM (there are a bunch more threads on L-tuned if you search for them).
Old 02-17-03, 11:11 PM
DoubleWhoosh
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Well I think the only one that has used the Sportivo bars is Navaz, so I think he would have the most reliable input on comparisons. Plus the fact that he puts mileage on like a madman helps too!!!

I think the problem for DST now is that the outside vendor that did the finish work isn't willing to redo anything under warranty. This is a problem since they were already paid, sort of a stalemate situation. A new vendor is being sought out, but basically at a loss (of not only money, but time as well!) since the first vendor is wanting to battle, rather than fix. Asinine stubborn people like this only cause problems for everyone else down the line, a horrible domino effect.

That's what I know on it, so it's not really anyone's fault with the product or the manufacturer.
Old 02-17-03, 11:39 PM
Daizen Sport Tuning
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, unfortunately there are many steps that are required with any manufactured product, and some of them have to be sent out to other vendors, with the trust that they are capable of doing a job that is at the level of quality that is expected. Sometimes this level of quality is not the same between two parties, and that's when problems can arise.

The worst is when working with another vendor for the first time, one cannot know if they are capable of actually doing the work that they say. This unfortunately is something you can only learn by experience and unfortunately this time around we found out the hard way.

Powdercoating is a simple process, but as with any finish such as paint, chrome, anodizing, etc., preparation is the key to a nice finish. If the proper follow through steps aren't taken beforehand, problems will arise later. This is the very reason why a new vendor was sought out, as the original powdercoater wasn't able to provide the proper service - neither time nor quality was acceptable. This is also one of the reasons that ETAs are difficult, as the word of another is the only thing to go on.

This has set back our first large product run, but once everything is back on track there will be no problems with supply. Just for everyone's reassurance, there were no problems with the product itself, just a slight stumble with the cosmetics.

A few sets are out there which were finished individually, those were able to meet our QC.

Todd @ TM accomplished the R&D portion in record time for the sway bar projects, and the CNC facility produced the bars in a timely fashion as well. I think this was a good lesson learned however, and being a little more aware will eliminate any future problems with new products.

Thanks for all of your patience and support!

Fortune Gfroehrer
Old 02-17-03, 11:49 PM
Kajukenbo
Lead Lap

Actually, Brent, aka BLiu has a set of Daizen sways on his GS already.......

He actually wrote an review about it.

Yes, I have to agree with Daizen on this one with powder coat issue. Coming from the engineering world, to properly re-coat the powdercoat, the vendor has to strip the initial coating. It is very costly and time consuming. Sometimes it is cheaper to just remake the part than to strip the powdercoat and re-powdercoat the part again. Sway bars are machined, it is probably more cost effective to strip then repaint in this case.

It is too bad that the first vendor refused to warrenty the quality of their service. That is just wrong.

Last edited by Kajukenbo; 02-17-03 at 11:56 PM.
Old 02-18-03, 09:54 AM
LS400
Club Lexus Editor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Kajukenbo
Actually, Brent, aka BLiu has a set of Daizen sways on his GS already.......

He actually wrote an review about it.
Here is Brent's review on the Daizen setup..
Old 02-18-03, 12:06 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

this is for todd tm eng and daizen

when do you expect to get this resolved and for the ones that are out there already do you have 2 sets i can get right now

i am trying to wait but if you got 2 sets i would take them now
Old 02-28-03, 12:46 PM
Daizen Sport Tuning
Former Sponsor

All bars are back for evaluation and refinishing, but I think at this point we are just going to run another batch and cut our losses now. We have a new powdercoat vendor who is aware of the quality that our products require, so there should be no problems in the future from here on in.

My apologies to the dealers who have been taking the brunt of the inquiries from the consumers.

The next run should be done at the machine shop in 15-20 days, then after powdercoat the bars should ship shortly thereafter.

Thanks for your patience and understanding CL members!

Fortune Gfroehrer