Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

TRD Sportivo sways on Results!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-03, 06:20 PM
Navaz
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TRD Sportivo sways on Results!!!!!

So I finally got my TRD Sportivo sways installed on my GS 400, All I can say is how did TRD do It?. As I posted before I had the TRD Race sways for almost 1 year and got fed up from the harsh ride, although it did corner as it was on rails. Anyway the Sporivo sways are ok, they dont corner as flat as the Race (Blue) sways but they do have the ride of the stock.
Here is a Complete list of suspension mods done on my car
L-Tuned Shocks + Springs
L-Tuned ECU
TRD Sportivo Sways (White)
TRD Strut Bar
Toms 6 peice Rear Braces
H&R 25mm Spacers on Rear
I am now done with my suspension mods.

BTW I am currently using Michelin Pilot alpine winter tires 235/45/17.

Last edited by Navaz; 10-16-03 at 03:34 PM.
Old 02-11-03, 07:18 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Nice...
Damn, I've had my TRD sways sitting in my basement for like 2 months waiting to be installed in the Spring.. But now after hearing so much about the wicked harsh ride they bring, I'm not sure if I want them on my car.. Is the ride that bad?? I'm going to be riding on 20's and Coilovers.. You have any advice??
Old 02-11-03, 09:56 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mikey...the blue race sway is indeed kind of bit harsh for some...and the sportivo sway(white) is the street sport version..

the diff between the 2 is that blue is solid front and hollow rear; and the white is vice versa..the hyper rev aristo vol2 actually has a review on the White sway and it is very positive in terms of performance and comfort..

i think you should get the 20s and coils on first and see how you like the ride and perfromance before you install the Blue sway you have

GREAT review Navaz
Old 02-11-03, 10:01 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Why Will?? I'm going to need sways regardless.. I have to see what they feel like before I can make a decision.. But I will wait till after the Rezax's are on.. Hey I thought you knew... I already have Tein Flex Coils
Old 02-11-03, 10:08 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well, cuz you mentioned if the sway might be too harsh; after you slam on the rezaxx and the teins, if you like the performance aspect..then that should be fine(with no sways)
Old 02-11-03, 10:29 PM
shftup
Intermediate

Default Hey Navaz

Glad 2 hear that they worked out well.
How much softer are they, compared to the ones that i bought from you.....?

Kam.
Old 02-12-03, 12:43 AM
Navaz
Pole Position

Cool

I Just got back home after putting on 200km in town on the new sways. I got to say they are awsome!!!. I went over some of the worse roads in Calgary and other than a train track there was not much dramma in terms of ride than the stock set up. However, I did notice that at extream high speed cornering (110 on an off ramp) there was a little bit of body roll. Also the feel of the steering wheel felt not as tight as with the Race Sways I kind of miss that feel, But I am gonna go back to Lexus in the AM to adjust my pretension adjustment for that. I guess all I have to do is get my hands on some Daizen sways to do a three way comparison, But I am 150% happy with my Ride now. Now time for the TTE exhaust can't wait for it to get here.
Old 02-12-03, 05:30 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Thumbs up

hey Navaz , nice review.

where did you get the trd sportivo from can you point me to the right website to get info and pricing. i was going to go for the daizens but there sways were pulled temp for fininshing issues and they have no idea how long to correct and i dont feel like waiting for it forever

any heads up greatly apprec.
Old 02-12-03, 05:33 AM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by lexforlife
hey Navaz , nice review.
Yeah Thanks.....

And Will, I gotcha now....
Old 02-12-03, 05:46 AM
Navaz
Pole Position

I got my TRD Sportivo sways from:

Sewell Lexus of Dallas
6421 Lemmon Ave.
Dallas, TX 75209
(214) 353-2826
ddiller@sewell.com

I got his info from the daizen web site because originaly I was going to get the Daizens but I could not wait forever, Darrel told me that he had these and I was at first hesitent about getting them but after speaking with todd at TM about the finish problem I had to give them a try. I am glad I did.
Old 02-12-03, 05:52 AM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by navaz
I got my TRD Sportivo sways from:

Sewell Lexus of Dallas
6421 Lemmon Ave.
Dallas, TX 75209
(214) 353-2826
ddiller@sewell.com

I got his info from the daizen web site because originaly I was going to get the Daizens but I could not wait forever, Darrel told me that he had these and I was at first hesitent about getting them but after speaking with todd at TM about the finish problem I had to give them a try. I am glad I did.
If you don't mind me asking what was the price??
Old 02-13-03, 07:29 AM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: TRD Sportivo sways on Results!!!!!

Originally posted by navaz
...Anyway the Sporivo sways are totaly amazing I now have the same performance as the Race (Blue) sways with the same ride as with the stock Sways.
Glad to hear you are happy with the change, although, it is hard for me to believe whole-heartedly your statement above.

Also, having winter tires on might be clouding your judgement of how the sways are performing. If the car's frame isn't moving, your winter tires are more than likely making up for that flex in their sidewalls.

Anyway, I don't find my TRD Blue sways that harsh, so that may be where I am biased.
Old 02-13-03, 11:01 AM
RON430
Lexus Fanatic

You know Dex, I have to agree. I cannot quite figure out where the harshness comes from being reported with the TRD sways (blue). I have stock 16s, bilsteins, stock springs, and the TRD sways and I don't think there was any difference in ride with the addition of the sways. While the bilsteins flattened the cornering out considerably, the TRD sways put that last amount of "flat" in the cornering and I really haven't noticed any increased ride harshness. Hard to figure.
Old 02-13-03, 12:01 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

hey nav

still liking those sportivos how long did it take to rec them once you ordered them and any reason you did not order from carson steve
Old 02-13-03, 12:35 PM
dipstick
Pole Position

I bought my Sportivos from Darrel Diller also. He had them and others didn't. Would have had to wait a month or two for delivery. I got mine less than a week after ordering, paid about $460 for the set. To be installed Saturday morning.

Last edited by dipstick; 02-13-03 at 12:36 PM.

Quick Reply: TRD Sportivo sways on Results!!!!!