Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

should i get daizen sway bars?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-05, 05:23 PM
daleer
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default should i get daizen sway bars?

I'm getting l-tuned springs and shocks for my gs430 - with them already installed, should I just replace the sway bar bushings with daizan bushings for like $30, or is it worth it to shell out $500 for the complete sway set? I guess what I'm asking is - is there going to be a significant difference in flat cornering between l-tuned suspension and daizen bushings vs. l-tuned suspension and complete daizan sway set??

Thanks
Old 01-08-05, 05:57 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by daleer
I'm getting l-tuned springs and shocks for my gs430 - with them already installed, should I just replace the sway bar bushings with daizan bushings for like $30, or is it worth it to shell out $500 for the complete sway set? I guess what I'm asking is - is there going to be a significant difference in flat cornering between l-tuned suspension and daizen bushings vs. l-tuned suspension and complete daizan sway set??

Thanks

is their a diff , night and day

do a search on daizen sawys and you will see lengthy threads and reviews

my advice , if you drive even slightly aggressive , ltuned shocks and springs will not cut it in the least
Old 01-08-05, 06:16 PM
daleer
Pole Position

Thanks for the info bro!
Old 01-08-05, 10:26 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Although better than stock, there is still some body roll with the L-Tuned setup. Sways will clear that right up. I had the TRD sways when I had the L-Tuned S/S and there was a little jiggle in the rear end that some bracing fixed. I can't say for sure that the Daizens will be better with this aspect since I did not have the L-Tuned/Daizen combo. Even if it does, nothing a little more $ won't fix.

You might want to PM PHML. I believe he had the Daizen bushings and now has the full sways. He can probably answer your question directly.
Old 01-09-05, 02:44 AM
daleer
Pole Position

Thanks Neo - I'l pm him as you suggest.
Old 01-09-05, 03:02 AM
carnal_c30
Lexus Test Driver

get them... my favorite mod by far I have the bars and bushings on my SC and it makes it fun to drive
Old 01-09-05, 04:37 AM
aloha08isf
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I guess daizen sways with be my next mod after my --- not telling
Old 01-10-05, 02:33 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

i too had trd and now daizens. i love how the daizens ride smoother but the handling is still as good. yes the bushings are just 30 bucks, but imho i would just save up those 30 bucks as well and just wait until i can get the sways bars. do it once and do it right. you will not regret
Old 01-12-05, 02:10 AM
daleer
Pole Position

Romini - so would you recommend the daizens over the trds? I was thinking daizens but I've been reading a few places that indicate the daizens have problems with coming loose and also squeeking - so now I'm kind of thinking trds. Any opinion on this?
Old 01-12-05, 09:21 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

i was not a believer in sway bars and what they could do, until mine were installed and noticing the difference was right away from me. well after i got them in the tightest setting later i really noticed the difference. great bars from everyone i know and have read here and i agree..
Old 01-12-05, 10:22 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by daleer
Romini - so would you recommend the daizens over the trds? I was thinking daizens but I've been reading a few places that indicate the daizens have problems with coming loose and also squeeking - so now I'm kind of thinking trds. Any opinion on this?
yes i have daizen and i love them, i would recommend it over the trd any day. i could easily feel the harshness on the trd and the daizen fixed the problem. i didn't say anything to my wife about the daizen and she came and told me the car doesn't feel as stiff after the daizen. that meant a lot to me

about the screws and stuff, i don't know, but my install never had any problems,and it's been more than 1 1/2 yr of daily driving. for trd, they had their shares of problem like broken end links so missing bolts too.
Old 01-13-05, 07:01 AM
daleer
Pole Position

Sweet - thanks for the info - Daizen it is!!
Old 01-17-05, 07:42 PM
1gs430
Driver

Default where to buy

Now that it's decided that's Daizen sway's are the way to go, where is the best place to buy? Not necessarily the cheapest but the best for service, price and follow up if needed?
Old 01-17-05, 09:05 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 1gs430
Now that it's decided that's Daizen sway's are the way to go, where is the best place to buy? Not necessarily the cheapest but the best for service, price and follow up if needed?
Todd at TM Engineering.

He is a Daizen dealer and has installed many of these including the ones on my car. If you have questions on the product and install, he'd be the one to contact.

http://www.tmengineering.net

todd@tmengineering.net
Old 01-18-05, 02:27 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Neo
Todd at TM Engineering.

He is a Daizen dealer and has installed many of these including the ones on my car. If you have questions on the product and install, he'd be the one to contact.

http://www.tmengineering.net

todd@tmengineering.net
yeah i agree, i got all my daizen stuff from tm engineering (well in fact almost all my stuff), good to dealwith

Quick Reply: should i get daizen sway bars?