Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

Tanabe NF210 anywhere??

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-12, 01:28 PM
lottaloot
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tanabe NF210 anywhere??

Hey Guys,

I have been searching around trying to find the Tanabe NF210 lowering springs for my 2008 Lexus GS. I have talked to TANABE and some other companies and these springs are on back order. Do you guys know of any vendors or companies that would have these springs laying around? I am in a rush to get these. I just ordered new wheels and tires and I do not want to put them on until I can get the monster truck lowered.

Thanks!
Old 07-09-12, 01:31 PM
msgs350
Pole Position

Received 196 Likes on 129 Posts

Have you considered F-Sport or Tein? The drop is about the same.
Old 07-09-12, 01:37 PM
lottaloot
Driver School Candidate

I work at a lexus dealer and I am thinking about the Fsport springs. I have just read good things on here about the NF210s not many comments on the fsport springs.

I kno several shops are shopwing that they have the NF210s on ebay and amazon but when you call they are back ordered. I am trying to find someone with them in stock. If I cannot, I may go with the Fsport springs. Anyone have any reviews on those springs?

Thanks
Old 07-09-12, 06:06 PM
gojeezy123
Driver

get the nf's... the f sports are an even drop all around, you may end up with the front still sitting a bit higher than the rear.. personally i like the front lowered a bit more than the rear, one of the reasons i went with the nf's myself.. plus f sport are supposed to be 12% stiffer than stock, nf's are only 5% so your pretty much still stock, which to me it feels like i am..

check "b2autodesigns" on here.. where i got mine and my brothers from just a little over a month ago
Old 07-09-12, 07:50 PM
lottaloot
Driver School Candidate

thanks jeezy, yes I have already checked with them. *Backorder* Should have more around about mid month. I got wheel on the way and I'm trying to make it happen soon!
Old 07-09-12, 08:04 PM
gojeezy123
Driver

damn! everyones out of em then huh.. that sucks! hopefully they get em soon! i know i fell in love with my car all over again after i lowered it lol.. now i gotta look for some wheels, what kind did you pick up??
Old 07-10-12, 06:40 AM
lottaloot
Driver School Candidate

Went with the Vossen VVS86 Machine faced. I wanted the Black Machined but they are discontinued. Vossen only had 2 sets of the 86's left in Machine Faced
Old 07-10-12, 10:48 AM
drifting
Driver School Candidate

I have 2000 gs300, anyone have some lowered coils for sale? Id like a 1.5" up front and an 1' drop in the rear. what do you guys prefer Tein, Tanabe or Swift???? i have a low level to the tires look and want it to ride as bests as it can. also, whats with the rear squeak on these cars. i lubed everything, i changed out the struts and the coils... ready to push it off a cliff. someone has to know something.
Old 07-10-12, 11:09 AM
drifting
Driver School Candidate

Default gs300 SQUEAKS!!!

I used to see other cars like mine and say "man,,, why doesn't that guy fix that crap. why does he drive it that way" and now I'm that guy. I don't understand why they squeak soooo bad. Guys please don't say "lube it!" I've tried that and i replaced rear the coils and struts.(OEM). I called Lexus corporate and they said they have no knowledge of this. ( BULL ) this is RECALL written all over it. could it be the axles where they meet the tranny? i put a stethoscope on the rear suspension and it sounded like it was coming from the bottom of the strut mount bolt... I also noticed the bolt had some play on it (no wear). it was a tight and good fit on the A arm but NOT on the strut mount eye hole. I've removed it a doesn't times and taken it to several "mechanics" and "Lexus certified suspension pros" and still guess what, IT STILL SQUEAKS, CREEKS and annoys the hell out of me !!! . P.s yes, it does seem to go away every time i lift the car to work on it but it come right back once driven. Please post a reply once you've fixed this issue and the noise has not come back for several months. Some of you guys are quick to respond which is great but you guys are back on here like me. 562-322-6672 text me If you dont have a log in. I know its a pain in the rear trying to get a log in name..
Old 07-10-12, 11:10 AM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 73 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by drifting
I have 2000 gs300, anyone have some lowered coils for sale? Id like a 1.5" up front and an 1' drop in the rear. what do you guys prefer Tein, Tanabe or Swift???? i have a low level to the tires look and want it to ride as bests as it can. also, whats with the rear squeak on these cars. i lubed everything, i changed out the struts and the coils... ready to push it off a cliff. someone has to know something.
1. Welcome to CL oh Nooby one.
2. Wrong Section
3. Thread jack

Re-post your questions here. You have a 2nd gen GS, this is a 3rd gen section
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...eneration-184/

I used to see other cars like mine and say "man,,, why doesn't that guy fix that crap. why does he drive it that way" and now I'm that guy. I don't understand why they squeak soooo bad. Guys please don't say "lube it!" I've tried that and i replaced rear the coils and struts.(OEM). I called Lexus corporate and they said they have no knowledge of this. ( BULL ) this is RECALL written all over it. could it be the axles where they meet the tranny? i put a stethoscope on the rear suspension and it sounded like it was coming from the bottom of the strut mount bolt... I also noticed the bolt had some play on it (no wear). it was a tight and good fit on the A arm but NOT on the strut mount eye hole. I've removed it a doesn't times and taken it to several "mechanics" and "Lexus certified suspension pros" and still guess what, IT STILL SQUEAKS, CREEKS and annoys the hell out of me !!! . P.s yes, it does seem to go away every time i lift the car to work on it but it come right back once driven. Please post a reply once you've fixed this issue and the noise has not come back for several months. Some of you guys are quick to respond which is great but you guys are back on here like me. 562-322-6672 text me If you dont have a log in. I know its a pain in the rear trying to get a log in name..
First time on a forum...huh

Recall on a 2000 GS... Its 2012 chief. And your car is 2 generations ago.

Last edited by neurocity; 07-10-12 at 11:17 AM.
Old 07-10-12, 11:11 AM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

a robbery has just occured..

be on the lookout for thread jackers!

to op, most big vendors on here should have them in stock and are willing to do free shipping
Old 07-16-12, 08:45 AM
drifting
Driver School Candidate

So much for a friendly welcome. Simple no would have been good.
Old 07-16-12, 09:14 AM
Boron
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So much for a friendly welcome. Simple no would have been good.
You'll need to grow a thicker skin if you're not to be insulted by a bit of banter.
Moreover, your question relates to the 2nd Gen GSes, so putting it in that section might result in some feedback you can work off.

Regarding the squeaking noise - did your springs ever have a bit of noise stopping rubber on them?

http://www.espelir.co.jp/noizestopper.html - something like that

If not from the springs (OEM or 3rd party), then maybe some bushes are in need of replacing with OEM or poly ones, if you want to go down that route.